Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

redrum   
6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

On the short list of bands who never made a bad record, I was thinking--aside from Zep--Rush, AC/DC, STP (the Scott years, of course)...

Anyone else....

Bad Company

JTM   
8 hours ago, greengrass said:

No... sez you sitting behind closed doors.  Did you resemble my random thought ?  Sorry random twat .

A misunderstanding on my part,  thought you were referencing another post..

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Walter said:

Another day...another embarrassment.

Crowd size and 6 inch fuck me pumps.

A want and a need....

Thanks for the reminder. I didn't know Lady Gaga was on a World Tour again.

Strider   
On 8/30/2017 at 9:57 PM, IpMan said:

Damn right, especially AC/DC who re-released Back In Black under different titles 10 times and counting.

With diminishing returns each time. Nothing could get me to listen to "Flick of the Switch" again.

On 8/30/2017 at 8:56 PM, paul carruthers said:

On the short list of bands who never made a bad record, I was thinking--aside from Zep--Rush, AC/DC, STP (the Scott years, of course)...

Anyone else....

The Beatles, Nirvana, and Iron Maiden (at least in the 80s) come to mind.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, paul carruthers said:

Anyone else....

Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Dio, Gillan)

jabe   

Sometimes when I'm walking through a Walmart, I'll start tapping on the steel beams that go from floor to ceiling with my knuckles.
To me it sounds like the intro to Radiohead's Packt Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box.
It lightens the mundane shopping experience.

kingzoso   

This is not a random thought but a very specific one (I did not want to start a whole new topic although it certainly could merit one)..  

I want to say that this date in American history will always have a special place in my heart for the nearly 3,000 Americans who lost their lives on September 11, 2001.

Always Remember, Never Forget. 

Long Live the United States of America!!!

Edited by kingzoso

redrum   
3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

This is not a random thought but a very specific one (I did not want to start a whole new topic although it certainly could merit one)..  

I want to say that this date in American history will always have a special place in my heart for the nearly 3,000 Americans who lost their lives on September 11, 2001.

Ditto.

Strider   
3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

There already is a thread about this very topic on this very page.

Strider   
4 hours ago, jabe said:

Sometimes when I'm walking through a Walmart, I'll start tapping on the steel beams that go from floor to ceiling with my knuckles.
To me it sounds like the intro to Radiohead's Packt Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box.
It lightens the mundane shopping experience.

Hahaha. I do that, too. Not shop at Wal-Mart...but rap my knuckles on any exposed steel. Yes, it does sound like "Packt..."!

IpMan   
7 hours ago, Strider said:

Hahaha. I do that, too. Not shop at Wal-Mart...but rap my knuckles on any exposed steel. Yes, it does sound like "Packt..."!

Yeah, you could not pay me enough to shop at a Wal-Mart and screw over my fellow Americans. Wal-Mart receives around 6 billion a year in government subsidies when one takes into account the food stamps and other government relief benefits their employees use just to get by.

I tell ya, between the Wal-Marts and the sports franchises, I wish I could own a business whereby the government subsidizes me while at the same time I am making a massive profit and paying almost nothing in taxes to boot.

Walter   
14 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

143,000 Equifax accounts hacked...scary business...

No, it's 143 million accounts hacked. But let's get all twisted up by looters and purse grabbers - not the organized effort by foreign governments, that we all are aware of who they are, who continue to hack millions of Americans' personal and financial information. 

IpMan   
7 hours ago, Walter said:

No, it's 143 million accounts hacked. But let's get all twisted up by looters and purse grabbers - not the organized effort by foreign governments, that we all are aware of who they are, who continue to hack millions of Americans' personal and financial information. 

Yep, it's like the worlds biggest version of three card monty! Everyone is screaming about the pennies and no one is giving a single shit about the trillions of dollars disappearing.

Strider   

The latest annoying trend at concerts is the de rigueur guest appearance by Johnny Depp on guitar. Countless pop-ups over the past year and there he was again last night at the Ian Hunter show....puffing away non-stop on his Tiparillo.

A white feather attached to his red guitar, he joined Ian on stage for "Sweet Jane" and "All the Young Dudes". He really seems to think he is Keef's son.

In the 1980s, one was always in danger of a Bruce Willis appearance at a concert in L.A. Now, the menace in L.A. is Jack fucking Sparrow. Be warned.

Ian Hunter was fabulous, by the way. Legend.

IpMan   
3 hours ago, Strider said:

The latest annoying trend at concerts is the de rigueur guest appearance by Johnny Depp on guitar. Countless pop-ups over the past year and there he was again last night at the Ian Hunter show....puffing away non-stop on his Tiparillo.

A white feather attached to his red guitar, he joined Ian on stage for "Sweet Jane" and "All the Young Dudes". He really seems to think he is Keef's son.

In the 1980s, one was always in danger of a Bruce Willis appearance at a concert in L.A. Now, the menace in L.A. is Jack fucking Sparrow. Be warned.

Ian Hunter was fabulous, by the way. Legend.

Maybe we can get a twofer, the return of Bruno and Willie Wonka on the same stage 

Strider   
19 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Went to the David Gilmour  screening last night.

Wow, he's still the man.

So did I. At the Cinerama Dome theatres. Huge screen. HUGE sound. Great concert marred only slightly by the typical failures of concert films today...sloppy editing, ADD camera work, audience noise enhancement. But David played spectacularly well.

Must have been special to see him at that Pompeii ruin...all the history there (volcano and Pink Floyd). It did not look like they allowed a lot of people inside. Nobody was allowed to sit on the seated ruins above the floor of the arena. Looked like less than three thousand people there. I wonder how much tickets were? The Hollywood Bowl tix were hundreds of dollars and that venue holds almost 18,000.

If only Jimmy Page could get out there and play like this.

luvlz2   
3 hours ago, Strider said:

Must have been special to see him at that Pompeii ruin...all the history there (volcano and Pink Floyd). It did not look like they allowed a lot of people inside. Nobody was allowed to sit on the seated ruins above the floor of the arena. Looked like less than three thousand people there. I wonder how much tickets were? The Hollywood Bowl tix were hundreds of dollars and that venue holds almost 18,000.

The venue holds 2000 people I believe and tickets were about $400-$450 a pop. I went to the screening last night as well. Very much enjoyed it!

Edited by luvlz2