Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

50 dead and 400 injured? Fuck me what a tragedy. Can you seriously buy, legally, this kind of firearm in the US? The pro firearm brigade must be really proud of themselves

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

50 dead and 400 injured? Fuck me what a tragedy. Can you seriously buy, legally, this kind of firearm in the US? The pro firearm brigade must be really proud of themselves

You can buy pretty much anything in the country, short of a tank. Plus the ever popular military grade bullets. Just go to a gun show. Horrific.

It is EXTREMELY difficult to legally own an automatic weapon anywhere in the US - it is strictly controlled by Federal law.  However, it is possible.  Also, it is quite easy to convert a semi-automatic weapon into an automatic with a little gun smithing.  Finally, there is always the black market where anything is purchasable for the right price. 

On 9/30/2017 at 11:58 AM, Strider said:

Have a Bloody Mary. 😏

No likey Vodka?

Black Day in Sin City. Miserable cunt bastard. You're 64 years old. WTF. Still trying to find out if anyone I know was there and is safe.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Walter said:

You can buy pretty much anything in the country, short of a tank. Plus the ever popular military grade bullets. Just go to a gun show. Horrific.

2 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Okay. On a day I needed a laugh this did the trick. Nice one, Kev. 😁

Edited by Strider

37 minutes ago, Strider said:

Black Day in Sin City. Miserable cunt bastard. You're 64 years old. WTF.

Fucking maniac son of a bitch.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

I own two pistols and a shotgun.  I would never dream of misusing them.  I am for putting 2-3 paid undercover sharpshooters at events with many people, so if a maniac does this the response/retaliation will be immediate.  Even an old Winchester 30/30 with a scope could have taken out this bastard.  You see the "lights" like in the movie "Die Hard" high on the building, you know where they are coming from and you take his ass out. You can only stop deadly weapon force with another deadly weapon.  There are too many guns out there and on the black market to even think you can remove weapons from the streets.  Forget it.  They have been around for hundreds of years and you must fight fire with fire.  I carry my 9 mm when I go anywhere where I think something could happen.  But I do not live in that type of a town.  Most of these types are in high profile towns.  i fear for my own daughter working in Manhattan.  Am I crazy or does it seem like there are very few of these incidents in cold weather climates?  They seem to happen more in good weather cities and area's.  i am not sure if there is any correlation to this but it could be a small factor as far as the trigger mechanism in the heads of these pschopaths?  Maybe a study should be done.

Posted (edited)

Sandy Hook?

Transient people do tend to go to warmer climates with many vices on hand, i.e. Florida, etc.  This guy was from around here, moved out there 1 year ago. 

Anyway, I think I'll choose to not go to a concert if "sharp shooters" are over head. We all know the real issue here.

Edited by Walter

I couldn't believe the sound of the machine gun. Just like a damned war. That dirty, chickenshit motherfucker.

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I own two pistols and a shotgun.  I would never dream of misusing them.  I am for putting 2-3 paid undercover sharpshooters at events with many people, so if a maniac does this the response/retaliation will be immediate.  Even an old Winchester 30/30 with a scope could have taken out this bastard.  You see the "lights" like in the movie "Die Hard" high on the building, you know where they are coming from and you take his ass out. You can only stop deadly weapon force with another deadly weapon.  There are too many guns out there and on the black market to even think you can remove weapons from the streets.  Forget it.  They have been around for hundreds of years and you must fight fire with fire.  I carry my 9 mm when I go anywhere where I think something could happen.  But I do not live in that type of a town.  Most of these types are in high profile towns.  i fear for my own daughter working in Manhattan.  Am I crazy or does it seem like there are very few of these incidents in cold weather climates?  They seem to happen more in good weather cities and area's.  i am not sure if there is any correlation to this but it could be a small factor as far as the trigger mechanism in the heads of these pschopaths?  Maybe a study should be done.

I don't want to get into this nor disrespect another feelings, but if you wanted to get just assault style weapons off the street it would be fairly easy. Just pass a law which states anyone caught with one gets 10 years in prison. Anyone using one during the commission of a crime gets life. Will it solve every such problem, no, but it will solve many and if it prevents people from being killed it is more than worth it.

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We do not have a gun culture here and for that I am eternally thankful.

Same here mate (Australia). The police have guns, and so they should. But that's it 

8 hours ago, IpMan said:

I don't want to get into this nor disrespect another feelings, but if you wanted to get just assault style weapons off the street it would be fairly easy. Just pass a law which states anyone caught with one gets 10 years in prison. Anyone using one during the commission of a crime gets life. Will it solve every such problem, no, but it will solve many and if it prevents people from being killed it is more than worth it.

I agree there is no place on the streets for assault rifles and even as a gun owner I would take on the NRA on this issue

They should feed that bastard's body to the vultures and wolves so he can become little piles of shit.

I had one of these in the 70's and just bought one like new on EBAY for about $65. What a fun lens to use. :)

FISH EYE.jpg

On 10/3/2017 at 8:27 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am for putting 2-3 paid undercover sharpshooters at events with many people, so if a maniac does this the response/retaliation will be immediate.  Even an old Winchester 30/30 with a scope could have taken out this bastard.  

Come on, man. My understanding is the shooter was on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, about 400 YARDS away. A 30/30, for a perfectly placed shot, the effective range is about 200 yards using traditional flat or round nose soft point bullets. The Hornady Leverevolution bullet/load MIGHT stretch that to 300 at most. If you meant once snipers were in position, then perhaps.   

Placing undercover sharpshooters at public events sounds a lot like "put an armed guard on every campus" or "a cop on every street corner" and other such public safety measures people clamor for after every mass shooting. It's arguably impractical, very expensive and brings with it huge liability issues. 

On 10/3/2017 at 2:00 PM, IpMan said:

"Pass a law". Sounds like another IpMan Big Government solution (gun grab) to a statistically infinitesimal problem. Are you going to add abortion, alcohol and automobiles to the list of things to be banned by "passing a law" for the sake of preventing people from being killed? No, I didn't think so.      

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.052aee602897

An excellent article and coming from the (liberal) Washington Post no less!  Excuse me while I go to the office window to watch the pigs fly........

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

"Pass a law". Sounds like another IpMan Big Government solution (gun grab) to a statistically infinitesimal problem.

Tell that to the victims and their families. In fact, do it in person then get back to me with the results.

I get chills and goosebumps when I hear Robert Plant song Babe I’m Gonna Leave you.

14 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.052aee602897

An excellent article and coming from the (liberal) Washington Post no less!  Excuse me while I go to the office window to watch the pigs fly........

Just what the gun grabbing, knee jerk politicians don't want to hear. If they really cared they'd ban alcohol and tobacco, but that'll never happen because it's a huge cash cow for the government.