Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

12 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Whole lotta cool musicians on that stage. Chris Stainton hasn't changed a bit. 😮

On 11/1/2017 at 1:11 AM, redrum said:

Zip! Zip! Zip!

The other day I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot and as soon as I stepped out of my truck I was surrounded by two state patrol cars. They asked if I had a suspended license and I said no. They told me that it came up on the computer that my license WAS suspended and the one Sgt. cop pretty much wanted me to go to jail and have my truck impounded. Let me back track. All this started back on April 1st (perfect) when I reported a woman who was driving all over the road. The local cops checked her out and surmised that she was just an old lady who couldn't drive. The cop told me that they would contact the licensing dept. and that she would have to take the driving test to keep her license (God, we hope not). So I gave the one cop my story of how she was driving and that was pretty much it, or so I thought. About 2 weeks later I get a letter from licensing saying that I have to take the driver test for re-evaluation. Things didn't connect right away and when it did I knew then that they had the wrong person and not the ding bat old lady driver. I called the license place and the woman had to laugh and saw the mistake and she swore up and down that it was all straightened out..........until a few days ago. Anyway, I told this to the cops and I had kept a letter in my visor from licensing just for this very thing. I could then tell that they were barking up the wrong tree, but the one cop was nice enough to call the licensing place number from my letter and after about 20 minutes or so the woman swore that it was all taken care of, but I begged her to please send me some form of confirmation letter. I received that yesterday and it said that my license is now valid. The cop was nice about it and apologized and even shook my hand before leaving. But the old saying goes that no good deed goes unpunished and this is what you get for being a good samaritan.

Don't taze me, bro'!

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Whole lotta cool musicians on that stage. Chris Stainton hasn't changed a bit. 😮

Yeah man,it's a top version and Stainton doesn't seem to age.His piano playing on this is a nice interpretation of the late great Leon Russell too. 

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't taze me, bro'!

I'm sure they had one on their belt. ^_^

God bless turning back the clocks.  I need it right about now... 

19 minutes ago, Walter said:

+ 1 million! 

On 11/4/2017 at 10:04 PM, Walter said:

On 11/4/2017 at 10:24 PM, ebk said:

+ 1 million! 

Yes. Haha.

5 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Inline image 1

:huh: 

Thank you meth heads for the total lack of good cold medicine on store shelves today.

4 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Thank you meth heads for the total lack of good cold medicine on store shelves today.

Whaddya mean? I still see Nyquil and Sudafed on the shelves. I don't get colds often but they have always worked like gangbusters for me.

23 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Exactly, I get proofed every time I buy cold meds and to get anything that half works I have to sign for it at the pharmacy.

NyQuil and DayQuil ain’t what they use to be.

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

1 hour ago, BledZabbath said:

Exactly, I get proofed every time I buy cold meds and to get anything that half works I have to sign for it at the pharmacy.

NyQuil and DayQuil ain’t what they use to be.

Is this a UK thing?

It just used to be easier to get one cold medicine that would knock the whole thing out. There was a wider variety of medicines that would cover all symptoms. Now, most of them cover only some symptoms. Maybe I am buying the wrong medicines, but I spent like over $20 in different medicines and none of them do the full job. I had to miss work and was pissed after the first medicine (the kroger nasal decongestant) didn't work. So I went and bought 3 more at walmart, the equate and the two tylenols. The tylenol worked at first, but then stopped working. The equate has seemed to work the best, though it is not really knocking it out either as I still have symptoms. Then I tried a nasal spray and that seemed to give immediate good relief to what I seemed to be mainly experiencing, though it doesn't work fully great either. Still haven't tried to tylenol cold max, and I'm not sure if I will even bother. I suppose it's the Acetaminophen that is the ingredient in most of these medicines that is failing me.

5a00f3954df44_coldmeds.jpg.d0718b2919d15655e87cb34bda039845.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

Try Aleve-D luvlz2^^^

you gotta sign for it though and provide your drivers license.

Edited by BledZabbath

22 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

Try Aleve-D luvlz2^^^

you gotta sign for it though and provide your drivers license.

Thanks.

It's weird, at first I only had runny nose/congestion, but after taking the first congestion medicine that I bought, other symptoms started, so I had to get different medicine again, and it didn't do the full job either, and either did the other ones. it's been like a merry-go-round of taking failing medicines and not getting the proper relief.

34 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Thanks.

It's weird, at first I only had runny nose/congestion, but after taking the first congestion medicine that I bought, other symptoms started, so I had to get different medicine again, and it didn't do the full job either, and either did the other ones. it's been like a merry-go-round of taking failing medicines and not getting the proper relief.

Mr ebk favors the Alka Seltzer Plus formulas.  I never get sick (knock on wood!), so I can't vouch for them, but they seem to help him.  Comes in many varieties.

Good luck and feel better!

4 minutes ago, ebk said:

Mr ebk favors the Alka Seltzer Plus formulas.  I never get sick (knock on wood!), so I can't vouch for them, but they seem to help him.  Comes in many varieties.

Good luck and feel better!

Thanks ebk! :)

52 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Thanks.

They’re time release pills, the best I’ve ever had since they started taking the good stuff out of cold medicine.

if you try them let me know how you feel.

6 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I’m in America.

And we're lucky to have ya'!

I guess what I am curious about is this having to sign and show your ID business? The last time I bought cold medicine was last winter and I did not have to jump through any hoops. I just paid and went on my merry way. Is this a recent development or maybe it only applies to certain states?

It just boggles the mind that you would have to go through such hassles for over-the-counter medicine.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

And we're lucky to have ya'!

I guess what I am curious about is this having to sign and show your ID business? The last time I bought cold medicine was last winter and I did not have to jump through any hoops. I just paid and went on my merry way. Is this a recent development or maybe it only applies to certain states?

It just boggles the mind that you would have to go through such hassles for over-the-counter medicine.

First time I remember having to show id was like 7 years ago at Pathmark supermarket when I bought a bottle of Dayquil, I had to show my drivers license to the cashier, though I didn't have to sign for it.

The ones I've had to sign for and ask for at the pharmacy counter contain pseudoephedrine, they don't even leave the containers out, just a card with the medication description on it, you take it up to the pharmacy counter with your id, the pharmacist gets it for you, you show your id, sign and pay.

3 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

First time I remember having to show id was like 7 years ago at Pathmark supermarket when I bought a bottle of Dayquil, I had to show my drivers license to the cashier, though I didn't have to sign for it.

The ones I've had to sign for and ask for at the pharmacy counter contain pseudoephedrine, they don't even leave the containers out, just a card with the medication description on it, you take it up to the pharmacy counter with your id, the pharmacist gets it for you, you show your id, sign and pay.

Bingo! The shit that fails to work very well such as NyQuil and the like you can easily get and pay for without hassle as it no longer contains the pseudoephedrine like they used to do. The cold meds which still contain this blessed ingredient you have to get from the pharmacist and show id and sign a book typically. This is to track your purchase of these meds as the pseudoephedrine is one of the ingredient the cookers use to make meth.

People suck and as a result society has to cow to the lowest and dumbest among us. When I was a kid I would get upper-respitory infections about twice a year. My family doctor would give me a bottle of this nasty pink, viscous "cough suppressant" which would knock my ass out for 10 hours and send me into the most tripolicious dream state this side of 2001 A Space Odyssey. They gave this to me when I was five...FIVE! Now everyone is all ultra-protective of the children and the morons among us that common sense no longer exists thus the reason to lock up cold medicine under lock and key.

Damn I miss the old days. BTW, anyone know what that cough suppressant was called? I know it had a fair amount of codeine in it but to my young brain it reacted more like DMT.