Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

15 hours ago, Strider said:

And we're lucky to have ya'!

I guess what I am curious about is this having to sign and show your ID business? The last time I bought cold medicine was last winter and I did not have to jump through any hoops. I just paid and went on my merry way. Is this a recent development or maybe it only applies to certain states?

It just boggles the mind that you would have to go through such hassles for over-the-counter medicine.

Back in my day kids were buying Coricidin Cough and Cold by the bushel. (Even I partook a time or two) That stuff will put you in a state not unlike the one lpMan described. 

I have to show ID every time I buy Zyrtec-D or Claritin for my allergies, been that way for years now.

DayQuil use to do the trick and give me energy, now it does nothing, neither does NyQuil

Edited by BledZabbath

21 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

They’re time release pills, the best I’ve ever had since they started taking the good stuff out of cold medicine.

if you try them let me know how you feel.

Thanks again BledZabbath! Usually I don't have to go with cold medicine that has pseudoephedrine, but this time I did. I was going to get the Aleve-D that you recommended, but had to go with something else that has the same ingredients as Aleve-D, but also covers chest mucus. Feeling  a lot better than I was!

5a024e5f8aa34_krogermucus-d.jpg.fe569acfe3ecd085561cefa9bccd7c33.jpg

Fell asleep last night listening to this on endless repeat...

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Fell asleep last night listening to this on endless repeat...

Must’ve been a hypnotic sleep.

I like that version than the original album version.  Raw and more agressive.

18 hours ago, redrum said:

Four Sticks. :thumbsup:

Was never a fan of the original song until Plant/Page did it.  Now it is arguably my fav song off IV.

Just have to say how amazed I am seeing in the news almost every day someone new put in the hot seat over sexual misconduct allegations. I have never seen anything this widespread in my lifetime. Wow.

It’s just whores trying to get ahead - or so I’ve been told....

9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

It's a Salem Witch hunt.

Sure, and NAMBLA is a persecuted institution.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, luvlz2 said:

Just have to say how amazed I am seeing in the news almost every day someone new put in the hot seat over sexual misconduct allegations. I have never seen anything this widespread in my lifetime. Wow.

I'll bet you have. When Magic Johnson was diagnosed with AIDS the media hyperventilated about AIDS. When Anita Hill accused Clarence Thomas of harassment the media hyperventilated about that. More recently, when Jon Benet Ramsey was killed and Natalie Holloway went missing the media hyperventilated about them. It's all about ratings and mouse clicks, and little to do with real news. Personally, I couldn't care less who assaulted who or he said she said. That's what the courts are for, if criminal conduct occurred. Meanwhile, it's all bullshit, vendettas and agendas. 

Edited by SteveAJones

4 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Let Hollywood burn to the ground.

Besides DC, Hollywood is about as corrupt and low as one could go, however DC is still#1 in such a regard. Anyway, Hollywoods time has pretty much come and gone. The independent studios making the indie films are the present and future for a while to come. Almost everything coming out of Hollywood is just rehashed ideas coming around for the umpteenth time with overblown budgets and "LOOK....SQUIRREL!!!" moments every 10 seconds.

Let the MF'er burn.

41 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Besides DC, Hollywood is about as corrupt and low as one could go, however DC is still#1 in such a regard. Anyway, Hollywoods time has pretty much come and gone. The independent studios making the indie films are the present and future for a while to come. Almost everything coming out of Hollywood is just rehashed ideas coming around for the umpteenth time with overblown budgets and "LOOK....SQUIRREL!!!" moments every 10 seconds.

Let the MF'er burn.

Burn motherf@*kers, burn!!!!! lol,:hurrah::hurrah: burn the whole shithole to the ground!!!!!!!!

Hooray for Hollywood

<_<

Edited by redrum

"The independent studios making the indie films are the present and future for a while to come."

I agree 1000%, IpMan. We also like to watch foreign films from all around the world. I like what director John Boorman said about CGI: "I would like to put in the credits of my films that no computer was used." :hurrah:

8 hours ago, IpMan said:

Hollywoods time has pretty much come and gone. The independent studios making the indie films are the present and future for a while to come. Almost everything coming out of Hollywood is just rehashed ideas coming around for the umpteenth time with overblown budgets and "LOOK....SQUIRREL!!!" moments every 10 seconds.

I've been hearing that Hollywood's time has come since the days of Fatty Arbuckle, if not before.  However, as long as people continue going to the cinemas there will always be a need for mainstream American films. Independent studios have their niche, but they can't hold a candle to the budgets, promotion, distribution and merchandising of the major studios.  

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

but they can't hold a candle to the budgets, promotion, distribution and merchandising of the major studios.  

And most (not all) of the crap they produce is just that, crap.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

And most (not all) of the crap they produce is just that, crap.

"Dunkirk" was pretty good.