Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

29 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

The last time I had good LSD was right before Jerry Garcia died, some Grateful Dead acid and it was the best stuff ever. I have read somewhat about it's therapeutic benefits, and it's been a long time and I miss it.  Have a 3 day weekend coming up and would love to have a nice, good strong trip to enjoy lol, thing is, I haven't touched it since 1998 (it was nothing to write home about, was really disappointing) and I don't go around asking about it anymore either. Not sure at all I trust it anymore either, it's probably all garbage like the last time I did it in 1998. They don't make good acid anymore. I suppose mushrooms are the way to go now, would love some of those. :hysterical: Good therapeutic benefits. Yep, wish I had some good psychedelics. If I knew I had a good hit right now I would take it right now and blast off! :hysterical: Put on some Zeppelin and turn on the black light...

And before someone goes into a diatribe about bad trips or other negative things associated with it, this post was not meant to inspire that, just the good, therapeutic benefits. Not trying to upset anyone.

Love me some mushrooms. Easy to find here, when it’s hot n humid in the pasture lands. With that said I haven’t had any in many, many years....

9 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

The last time I had good LSD was right before Jerry Garcia died, some Grateful Dead acid and it was the best stuff ever. I have read somewhat about it's therapeutic benefits, and it's been a long time and I miss it.  Have a 3 day weekend coming up and would love to have a nice, good strong trip to enjoy lol, thing is, I haven't touched it since 1998 (it was nothing to write home about, was really disappointing) and I don't go around asking about it anymore either. Not sure at all I trust it anymore either, it's probably all garbage like the last time I did it in 1998. They don't make good acid anymore. I suppose mushrooms are the way to go now, would love some of those. :hysterical: Good therapeutic benefits. Yep, wish I had some good psychedelics. If I knew I had a good hit right now I would take it right now and blast off! :hysterical: Put on some Zeppelin and turn on the black light...

And before someone goes into a diatribe about bad trips or other negative things associated with it, this post was not meant to inspire that, just the good, therapeutic benefits. Not trying to upset anyone.

Not had any acid since 1982. Had mushrooms from time to time. I think the last time was a "Full Moon" party in Thailand back in 1991. We have very strong Psilocybin mushrooms here in the UK. They grow all over our golf course in Autumn. I have met Dutch 'shroomers who would come to the UK especially for them. They are of course illegal here in the dried form. Not sure about fresh but I expect it is the same. 

And the flood gates are released.

Looks like mission accomplished....

On 12/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

It is a catchy song, but Rush always wins my heart, in the end! :) 

BTW, welcome to the forum, Mrs. Walter! :wave: 

Thank you. Rush was my first concert with Walter. We’ve seen many a good Rush shows!!!

On 12/15/2017 at 8:55 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Oh come on!  Right Said Fred, Culture Club, Frankie Goes to Hollywood....what's not to love?

Everything! Except Adam Ant. Lol!

Another year is about to go by...any positive reflections anybody would like to share about it?

Didn’t know my attention was so coveted, until the last 36 hours on this forum....   Sad sacks, looking for some attention during the holiday season, I guess.  

With over 22,000 members on this forum, you’d think they’d have someone, anyone, they could have a discussion with that actually wants to communicate with them. But, sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case.  I hope 2018 is better for them, socially and mentally.

Well I hope 2018 turns out better than 2017 ended, Boxing day saw Mr's JTM  on yet another section because she stopped taking her meds again. My youngest son hospitalised because he does not manage his diabetes like he should, he's thirty two, he should no better than to eat sweets, cakes and drink sugary drinks. I'm just going to hold my head up and make the most of it, shake off all the negativity, try and get some positivity back. I can't walk this one off I just have to be patient..

5 hours ago, JTM said:

Well I hope 2018 turns out better than 2017 ended, Boxing day saw Mr's JTM  on yet another section because she stopped taking her meds again. My youngest son hospitalised because he does not manage his diabetes like he should, he's thirty two, he should no better than to eat sweets, cakes and drink sugary drinks. I'm just going to hold my head up and make the most of it, shake off all the negativity, try and get some positivity back. I can't walk this one off I just have to be patient..

Hope everything works out man. Best wishes to you.

7 hours ago, JTM said:

Sorry to hear about your son JTM, I hope he gets better, 2017 wasn’t so good for me either let’s hope 2018 is better.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JTM said:

I absolutely understand the diabetes thing, being insulin dependent almost 40 years.  I was rebellious at first. I was 10. Parents would make my shot for me and send me to my room to inject, and I would spray it on the floor. Then they would wonder why I kept getting sick again. Not to mention all the chips ahoy I used to sneak under my bed. What woke me up was becoming tired of becoming sick all the time, and wanting some normalcy back. I hope your son has the same kind of realization for himself that I did. Some don't, as it's more difficult to accept for some people than others in their situations. Not taking meds is kind of similar I'd speculate. I wish you positivity and strength and peace of mind dealing with these issues.

Edited by luvlz2

sitting here listening "John Lee Hooker Box Set 10 Cd`s" sure is woooooooooooooooooow

28 minutes ago, geekfreak said:

sitting here listening "John Lee Hooker Box Set 10 Cd`s" sure is woooooooooooooooooow

Great choice! You must be as mad as a bag of frogs. :lol: Happy New, New-er and New-est Year, Geekfreak.

On 1/1/2018 at 3:11 AM, JTM said:

my friend has diabetes and he cut out all sugar and most carbs and only needs insulin about 80% less than he used to need it. He has also lost 60lbs in the process and feels great.  Keep encouraging your son to try harder. I can tell you that with my friend as the success of managing the diabetes showed improvement then it gets easier and easier to keep up a healthy lifestyle.  Good luck for 2018

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2017 at 9:52 AM, luvlz2 said:

Another year is about to go by...any positive reflections anybody would like to share about it?

We got March 21 1975 Seattle soundboard and officially released 1968 Yardbirds Live. Other than that, not much...at least it's over and done with.

Edited by Strider

18 hours ago, Strider said:

We got March 21 1975 Seattle soundboard and officially released 1968 Yardbirds Live. Other than that, not much...at least it's over and done with.

:thumbsup:

apperently anyone can get a handicapped parking space these days. Today I saw a 20 something woman who walked pefectly fine parking in a handicapped spot

35 minutes ago, kipper said:

apperently anyone can get a handicapped parking space these days. Today I saw a 20 something woman who walked pefectly fine parking in a handicapped spot

Yeah, that’s a scam, I see it all the time.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Yep, you can get a handicapped plate for such maladies as: Alcoholism (why are you driving?), drug addiction (same question as before), mental issues, hearing impaired, sight impaired (again???). Requirements vary by state.

I guess I am a big old asshole because I would think to qualify for a handicap plate one should be unable or have difficult in mobility as the #1 pre-req. If someone is hearing or sight impaired, is a drug or alcohol addict they should not be driving in the first place. I know, silly me.

Another shitty thing people do and possibly the reason of the person in your post is a relative could have gotten a temporary handicapped hanger or plate and she started using it when the relative no longer needed, or wanted it. 

9 hours ago, kipper said:

See it all the time. In every supermarket. People just park in the spaces because it's closer to the door. They don't even show a badge. True example of the "don't give a shit" culture that's so endemic in our society? I reckon shops would be quids in if they fined every car driver who abuses the badge holders spaces. But then again not really customer relations is it?

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, kipper said:

Yep. It's one of the biggest scams going, and my main point of contention with it is there are far too many of them.