Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

No, I did not however both you, Red, and all others who think like you are either missing the point or willfully ignoring the point. Have you ever heard of the term power dynamic? Have you heard of the concept of equality? Case in point: Say women were the stronger of the sexes by at least 20% as men are in reality. Now lets picture old Robert, up on stage with his cock bulge in 1973 in our alternate universe. After the gig a woman forces Robert into a room and forcibly rapes him anally with a large zucchini or other similar vegetable. The woman, after the deed, looks at a humiliated and sobbing Robert and says, "go ahead and call the cops chief, after all, with that getup you were wearing you were obviously asking for it..." So, understand the point now? Since recorded history women have been at the mercy of men due to the differences in strength and later general power. Is asking for equality after thousands of years really a bridge too far? Is asking that women can make it on their talent alone too much to ask? Is the expectation that a woman can wear whatever the hell she wants without fear of assault outrageous?

I for one am not an animal nor have I ever been one. I have been getting busy with a lady in the past when she said stop and guess what, I fucking stopped. I did not say, "uh, don't rub the lamp if ya don't want the genie babe...now bend over and take it like a woman!!!" Why is this concept so difficult to understand? A woman dresses to please herself, not you or any other man and if they do that does not give that or any other man license to do as they wish. The fact that these issues are still going on in 2018 is just sick.

So yes, I am a certified, dyed in the wool cumbya singing motherfucker who believes in equality for all and who believes women should not have to fear every man they meet in life. I know, radical concept huh.

That just sounds like a whole lotta crazy ipman. Aside from the really inaproptiate story about Robert Plant being sodomized with an imaginary vegetable in your dream, you need to understand the difference between forced abuse and somebody willing to accept abuse. There is no power dynamic unless somebody is willing to be used by somebody else, but rape is not part of that. Most women in Hollywood now claiming they were abused could have just walked away.

27 minutes ago, kipper said:

That just sounds like a whole lotta crazy ipman. Aside from the really inaproptiate story about Robert Plant being sodomized with an imaginary vegetable in your dream, you need to understand the difference between forced abuse and somebody willing to accept abuse. There is no power dynamic unless somebody is willing to be used by somebody else, but rape is not part of that. Most women in Hollywood now claiming they were abused could have just walked away.

If you truly believe what you are saying, I fear there is no hope for you whatsoever. Also, the story was not inappropriate, it was simply a reversed comparison of a situation of which thousands of women deal with daily which again, if you do not realize, there is nothing more to say.

The truth means nothing to a person with pre-conceived notions which refuse to be challenged. Facts be damned.

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

If you truly believe what you are saying, I fear there is no hope for you whatsoever. Also, the story was not inappropriate, it was simply a reversed comparison of a situation of which thousands of women deal with daily which again, if you do not realize, there is nothing more to say.

The truth means nothing to a person with pre-conceived notions which refuse to be challenged. Facts be damned.

If something requires even the slightest nuance with understanding (like the power dynamic), or empathy (like what it must have been like for chicks in Hollywood betting on their dream to be an actress and finding out the hard way what that means, and the harsh and limited choices they may be subject to) Kipper seems to show no capacity what so ever to engage beyond a simplistic and unwavering view. (not just this recent thread) Which is his perogative. He is either trolling quite successfuly (sometimes it really does seem like a deliberate trolling effort) or he truly is a special kinda stick in the mud.

Either way IpMan, I think conversation and ideas are best targeted elsewhere.

Oh, and FWIW: I absolutely have no problem with anyone that disagrees with me. This is not what this is about.

15 hours ago, IpMan said:

So, if a woman shows some flesh you cannot control yourself? What are you, some psychotic man-child? 

You and men like you are the reason so many women are walking around with fear and loathing in their eyes these days when a man approaches.

Thanks Red, thank you for trying to make all men look like uncontrollable assholes.

Yeah, every woman I see I run after her drooling all over myself. Say what you want about me, but you totally missed the point. If the Hollywood bimbos and Oprah really cared, then they'd be better off to wear a burka and not have their tits flopping all over the world stage. Can't wait to post after the Oscars. ^_^

PS-And don't tell me you don't take a peep at the Beautiful Women thread.

Edited by redrum

8 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Who’s the chick with the black hair second from the top?

Katy Perry.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If something requires even the slightest nuance with understanding (like the power dynamic), or empathy (like what it must have been like for chicks in Hollywood betting on their dream to be an actress and finding out the hard way what that means, and the harsh and limited choices they may be subject to) Kipper seems to show no capacity what so ever to engage beyond a simplistic and unwavering view. (not just this recent thread) Which is his perogative. He is either trolling quite successfuly (sometimes it really does seem like a deliberate trolling effort) or he truly is a special kinda stick in the mud.

Oh, and FWIW: I absolutely have no problem with anyone that disagrees with me. This is not what this is about.

👍

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Katy Perry.

Thanks Redrum, I didn’t recognize her.

If it means anything I completely get and understand where you are coming from.

27 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

LMAO...and the liberals hold Oprah up as someone who will lead them to the "promised land":

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/seal-oprah-weinstein_us_5a576fb0e4b0a300f9065f61

Oprah instead of helping her people here, opened up a school in Africa.

Edited by BledZabbath

7 hours ago, redrum said:

PS-And don't tell me you don't take a peep at the Beautiful Women thread.

Of course I do, however I can appreciate a woman's beauty yet not immediately go to thoughts of sex. Nor do I think she is trying to manipulate me, up to some psychological no good, or being duplicitous in some fashion. She is simply a lovely woman confident in her appearance, nothing more and good for her.

I believe it is time to drop this bone, the taste is far too bitter and it is causing too much division. I am out regarding this particular topic.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Of course I do, however I can appreciate a woman's beauty yet not immediately go to thoughts of sex. Nor do I think she is trying to manipulate me, up to some psychological no good, or being duplicitous in some fashion. She is simply a lovely woman confident in her appearance, nothing more and good for her.

I believe it is time to drop this bone, the taste is far too bitter and it is causing too much division. I am out regarding this particular topic.

Generally a wise tact, which is why ebk and I gave up months ago. Fact and nuance die on the random thoughts thread.

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

OK.

16 hours ago, IpMan said:

Ipman, your story about Robert Plant was just weird and i can only guess where a story like that comes from in your mind. It is not a revese comparison to women in Hollywood who are so eager to get in the business that allow themselves to be taken advantage of. If a woman is actually raped then you and I agree. But why do so many of these women never say anythng until many years later if they are so bothered by what happened?

14 hours ago, rm2551 said:

why is it always the case if somebody just has a different opinion than they must just be considered stupid? I just dont agree with what ipman is claiming is all. Just because you and he think you have all the answers is your perogitive I just dont agree with you.

17 minutes ago, kipper said:

why is it always the case if somebody just has a different opinion than they must just be considered stupid? I just dont agree with what ipman is claiming is all. Just because you and he think you have all the answers is your perogitive I just dont agree with you.

I don't think you are stupid Kippers, where did I say or imply that? The fact you take that from my post when it is NOT at all my view should tell you something. Again, this goes to your very simplistic view if things. Hopefully you can re-read the conversation and think about this: If I don't think you are stupid, what do I mean exactly? Go on mate, challenge yourself. Re-read it. Think about it a bit more. I also at no point have anything like claimed to have all the answers. I have opinions mate. Same as you.

I'm not having a dig at you, honestly. It's great you have your view of the world, and it's always interesting to me to hear other viewpoints. It expands what I may not have considered. If nothing else it indicates character (just a glimpse). I just find it difficult to relate to people who have no capacity for more nuanced discussion, but that's fine. Each to their own.

So I too will abandon this topic at this point.

1 minute ago, rm2551 said:

I don't think you are stupid Kippers, where did I say or imply that? The fact you take that from my post when it is NOT at all my view should tell you something. Again, this goes to your very simplistic view if things. Hopefully you can re-read the conversation and think about this: If I don't think you are stupid, what do I mean exactly? Go on mate, challenge yourself. Re-read it. Think about it a bit more. I also at no point have anything like claimed to have all the answers. I have opinions mate. Same as you.

I'm not having a dig at you, honestly. It's great you have your view of the world, and it's always interesting to me to hear other viewpoints. It expands what I may not have considered. If nothing else it indicates character (just a glimpse). I just find it difficult to relate to people who have no capacity for more nuanced discussion, but that's fine. Each to their own.

So I too will abandon this topic at this point.

I think you suggested my view was simplistic and unwavering. I took that to mean you believe I gave it no thought.

The subject was about sexual abuse of women in Hollywood which I am sure goes on a lot. But it isnt like Hollywood is just some predator going out across the country and kidnapping women and abusing them, most of them arrive everyday on the bus willing to compromise themselves for a dream that in more than likely not going to happen. what I am saying is they willingly alow themselves to be taken advantage of when they could have just stayed in Kansas on the farm.

then you get these other Hollywood women who have made it and suddenly they grow a concsience mosty for attention and then finally speak up. But only after they either allowed themselves to sell out, or turned their heads at other women who were being sold out because they didnt want to interupt their own careers.  I dont think that is being simplistic, I think it is stating the obvious.

11 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Oprah instead of helping her people here, opened up a school in Africa.

I think that's great because it's further justification to impose more stringent immigration restrictions.

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I think that's great because it's further justification to impose more stringent immigration restrictions.

Hell round ‘me all up and ship ‘me back Steve!

The new year seems to be my year of scoring drums. First was the lacquered brass Ludwig/WFL snare, and today was a Ludwig custom made (in North Carolina) natural maple kit with 26 inch bass and 18 inch floor tom. Also, a 16 x16 floor tom, 10 x 14 tom and 5 x 14 Supraphonic snare. Paiste hi-hats, Zildjian ride and Sabian crash, Gibraltar throne, Gibraltar stands and Pearl kick pedal. Now to clean 'em and tune 'em up.  ^_^

50 minutes ago, redrum said:

The new year seems to be my year of scoring drums. First was the lacquered brass Ludwig/WFL snare, and today was a Ludwig custom made (in North Carolina) natural maple kit with 26 inch bass and 18 inch floor tom. Also, a 16 x16 floor tom, 10 x 14 tom and 5 x 14 Supraphonic snare. Paiste hi-hats, Zildjian ride and Sabian crash, Gibraltar throne, Gibraltar stands and Pearl kick pedal. Now to clean 'em and tune 'em up.  ^_^

Sweet. Bonzo's natural maple kit was my favorite of his kits.

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Sweet. Bonzo's natural maple kit was my favorite of his kits.

I guess the only difference is I don't have the 6-1/2 inch snare. No gong or tympani either. ^_^

I am proud we finally have a leader who is willing to make changes for the better

For our British friends wondering what in hell is going on, the only equivalent I can think of is if the Chavs had taken over 10 Downing St.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:33 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Great choice! You must be as mad as a bag of frogs. :lol: Happy New, New-er and New-est Year, Geekfreak.

thank yes I am as mad as a bag of frogs:lol: hope you have an amazing 2018

11 hours ago, Strider said:

For our British friends wondering what in hell is going on, the only equivalent I can think of is if the Chavs had taken over 10 Downing St.

you mean like the ones who live in the palace?