Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I suppose I need to live where hard-up hipsters have to sell their vinyl collections lol. 

I suggest Portland. Heroin is an expensive habit.

9 hours ago, ebk said:

New leather seats on Amtrak now. Fancy!

Now you can fly off the track in style.

My 6.5 x 14 Supraphonic is on the way. :)

I wonder if Pub Rock will ever make a substantive come-back. I used to think it was all a matter of time. Now, not so sure.

At the end of the day, I guess I still think it will sooner or later. Imagine the next generation of kids who only have very occasional contact with classic rock, growing up with modern shiite (by and large, not wholly and solely) and disillusioned with (what the fuck do they call the mainstream R&B disposable crap these days?) the popular musical variety on offer/pushed by promoters/media.

But then a trend emerges. An unexpected trend that catches the musical industry and heads by surprise. Kids hear about this new trend of pub bands that is "so cool" - go to see a cracking good rock band, resulting in somewhat of a snowball effect. And thereafter a new generation "discover" the richest of musical veins.

....just a random thought.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:55 PM, IpMan said:

Obviously you are not very well versed regarding James Madison's own explanation and definition of the 2nd Amendment...which he himself wrote. I suggest you look that up buddy (Federalist Papers) because the 2nd Amendment, according to Madison himself, was specifically referencing a well regulated militia, and, to counter potential slave revolts. Also, if you really want to be nitpicky, it was only referencing muskets, swords, knives, and any other "arm" which existed in 1789.

Regarding Millennials, they said the same shit about the Baby Boom Generation (degenerate, lazy, hippy scum), the Gen X'rs (whiny, disillusioned dopes). Every generation slams the succeeding generations and every time it is complete and utter bullshit. 

BTW, I like how you avoided my post regarding Japan NOT being a dictatorial fascist state despite it's extremely strict gun regulations. Regarding the EU, you are showing signs of being a "stable genius" there Steve. I have been to Europe many, many times and the very last phrase I would use to describe the counties within the EU would be "lack of freedom and government control." That is the statement of a ...what is that word again? Oh yes, Dotard. The citizens within the EU enjoy just as much, if not more freedom than the US, that is except for gun rights and the rights of religious nut jobs to seize control of the government.

You are drinking the cool aid. Gov'ts are not our mommies. 

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I wonder if Pub Rock will ever make a substantive come-back. I used to think it was all a matter of time. Now, not so sure.

At the end of the day, I guess I still think it will sooner or later. Imagine the next generation of kids who only have very occasional contact with classic rock, growing up with modern shiite (by and large, not wholly and solely) and disillusioned with (what the fuck do they call the mainstream R&B disposable crap these days?) the popular musical variety on offer/pushed by promoters/media.

But then a trend emerges. An unexpected trend that catches the musical industry and heads by surprise. Kids hear about this new trend of pub bands that is "so cool" - go to see a cracking good rock band, resulting in somewhat of a snowball effect. And thereafter a new generation "discover" the richest of musical veins.

....just a random thought.

There needs to be pubs first

5 hours ago, paplbojo said:

You are drinking the cool aid. Gov'ts are not our mommies. 

I suggest we stop discussing this topic and others like it per the rules. Think you can manage that?

Damn, when did deodorant get so expensive?

39 minutes ago, Strider said:

I guess that would depend on the last time you used any.  :lol:

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

I suggest we stop discussing this topic and others like it per the rules. Think you can manage that?

Bitch, please. You're the biggest offender here.

...typical liberal..."we need to be tolerant" (unless you don't agree with my position)...."we need to turn in all guns" (except the ones my private security has) ....."we need to save children" (except those blobs of cells in a mother's womb) and now, "I suggest we stop discussing this topic and others like it per the rules." (except when I want to bring it up again!)  

Jane Seymour is posing for Playboy...at age 67!  Good for her (but don't objectify her!)

25 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Jane Seymour is posing for Playboy...at age 67!  Good for her (but don't objectify her!)

It's a completely non-nude feature. She's pushed out six kids so I suppose it's just as well.

I'm just wondering where you draw the line on what is political ?

I really hate that we can't talk about important issues in this section.

That's what happens when NHL players cant participate in the Olympics.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Old Spice/New Price

9 hours ago, IpMan said:

I can.....................................can you?

7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I'm just wondering where you draw the line on what is political ?

I really hate that we can't talk about important issues in this section.

Sam has briefly allowed those inevitable discussions despite the forum guidelines. I don't think the concern here is to draw the line on what is a political/religious post as much as it is to draw the line on posts that fuel/perpetuate online arguments. 

42 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Sam has briefly allowed those inevitable discussions despite the forum guidelines. I don't think the concern here is to draw the line on what is a political/religious post as much as it is to draw the line on posts that fuel/perpetuate online arguments. 

Well if we could all stop the name callibg and personal attacks, I  ghink it should be allowed.

There's not much Led Zeppelin related things to talj about anymore  😔

1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

There's not much Led Zeppelin related things to talj about anymore

Oh, I don't know about that slave, we are not too far away from new official Zep product, possibly a Japan SB bootleg release, and there are ongoing interesting threads about various live shows.

Last night I listened to Bonzo Bangs His Ball Out up to Dazed. As I was in the right state of mind the experience was incredible. Like I was there - even with the not "great" recording. I'll be trying for a different show tonight!

1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

Well if we could all stop the name callibg and personal attacks, I  ghink it should be allowed.

There's not much Led Zeppelin related things to talj about anymore  😔

No, there isn't but there are other forums one can visit to discuss non-Led Zeppelin related issues.

Edit: Just send me a private message if you want someone to beat the goofy out of your ass.

Edited by SteveAJones

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

No, there isn't but there are other forums one can visit to discuss non-Led Zeppelin related issues.

Edit: Just send me a private message if you want someone to beat the goofy out of your ass.

I have no idea what that last, edited sentence means.

I'm guessing that it's not complementary. 

I don't own a donkey.

3 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

I have no idea what that last, edited sentence means.

It means if you're seeking lively debate on contentious social issues I'm your Huckleberry, but it needs to be done off board.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, Stryder1978 said:

...typical liberal..."we need to be tolerant" (unless you don't agree with my position)...."we need to turn in all guns" (except the ones my private security has) ....."we need to save children" (except those blobs of cells in a mother's womb) and now, "I suggest we stop discussing this topic and others like it per the rules." (except when I want to bring it up again!)  

I am not the one who brings these topics up, I only respond. Second, I do not insult unless I am insulted first (this is no excuse as I should not respond in such a manner). 

The fact is I am just as guilty as the next bloke and I admit as much, that is why when Chef spoke up about this I had to, in good conscience, agree with him. I wish we could engage in these topics without insult and attack but I doubt that will happen, just look no further than your post of which I am replying for confirmation. 

On 2/24/2018 at 7:20 PM, slave to zep said:

I don't own a donkey.

:hysterical: