Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, JTM said:

Sam, since the upgrade "Unread Content" is taking forever to load, whether going from the home page or back from a thread. Happens on two browsers Edge and Chrome. A  minor glitch no doubt. 

Same for me.  It's been slow for a while, but now it takes forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things to do whilst waiting for "Unread Content" to load.                                                                                                                                                     

Make a cup of tea.

Roll a joint.

Walk up the village and back to get a newspaper, packet of skins, bag of sugar etc.

Wash the car.

Mow the lawn(s).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mow the lawn(s).

I'll be doing that in about 10 minutes. Perfect day for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 6:09 AM, JTM said:

Things to do whilst waiting for "Unread Content" to load.                                                                                                                                                     

Make a cup of tea.

Roll a joint.

Walk up the village and back to get a newspaper, packet of skins, bag of sugar etc.

Wash the car.

Mow the lawn(s).

 

Catch up on all my unread email.

Peruse the newspaper

Make a pot of coffee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 11:06 AM, ebk said:

Catch up on all my unread email.

Peruse the newspaper

Make a pot of coffee

And NOT watching our Orioles:bagoverhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a new email server without the effing ads. Yahoo can suck my nads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm watching Monday Night Raw and laughing too much. Maybe it just feels right.

 

Even in the PG Era, it's still great amusement...  :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the Unread Content page is loading faster tonight - yay!!  Thanks to whoever stepped in - Sam??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ebk said:

Seems like the Unread Content page is loading faster tonight - yay!!  Thanks to whoever stepped in - Sam??  

It's still very slow for me, but I have a solution, two browsers open so I can go back and forth while one or the other is loading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JTM said:

It's still very slow for me, but I have a solution, two browsers open so I can go back and forth while one or the other is loading.

 

Yeah...  last night it was better.  Tonight, I was able to eat my entire dinner while waiting for it to load.  Sigh... 

And bless your heart.  I'm just not that dedicated to keep 2 browsers open with this site up on both.  I'll just check in with other sites in other tabs while this one spins. 

Did I already sigh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had a problem with the forum here. Are you guys sure it's not a localised issue? Your carrier??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roman Polanski says, "The Me-Too Movement" is nothing more than 'collective hysteria'.  

Buffalo girls won't you come out tonight....come out tonight....come out tonight.  But only if you're 16  or under.  :ph34r:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Roman Polanski says, "The Me-Too Movement" is nothing more than 'collective hysteria'.  

Buffalo girls won't you come out tonight....come out tonight....come out tonight.  But only if you're 16  or under.  :ph34r:  

Polanski is a chicken shit piece of crap, saying such nonsense from the safety and security of his French estate. I tell you this, if I were Jack Nicholson I would have beat Polanski half to death for raping that 13 year old in my house.

I just never understood this shit. Then again the stuff which went on at the Cielo Dr. house when Sharon Tate was still alive is enough to make one's skin crawl and lose ones faith in humanity simultaneously. Hollywood is a septic tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I've never had a problem with the forum here. Are you guys sure it's not a localised issue? Your carrier??

Not my carrier, I only have a problem with loading Unread Content, the other sub forums load just fine. This is a recent problem, it's annoying because it's how I view this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JTM said:

Not my carrier, I only have a problem with loading Unread Content, the other sub forums load just fine. This is a recent problem, it's annoying because it's how I view this site.

same here. I go through unread and load up to a dozen threads. They all load with no issue. Always have. At least I'm aware now should I get the issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JTM said:

Not my carrier, I only have a problem with loading Unread Content, the other sub forums load just fine. This is a recent problem, it's annoying because it's how I view this site.

This is my issue, too.  I have the Unread Content page bookmarked and when I open it cold, it takes forever.  Usually, I use the Back Button when I'm finished in a thread to go back to the Unread Content list and it's not as slow as going in cold.   

This is a recent development...and it's a pain... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ebk said:

This is my issue, too.  I have the Unread Content page bookmarked and when I open it cold, it takes forever.  Usually, I use the Back Button when I'm finished in a thread to go back to the Unread Content list and it's not as slow as going in cold.   

This is a recent development...and it's a pain... 

Another thing that niggled me, when Unread Content replaced New Content, after pressing the back button the thread just read was no longer there. The next upgrade gave an option of checking the "Everything" option in "Read  Status" which does go back to where you were, but why, I just want to go back to where I was without that extra tiny little bit of effort.  If something works why change it...

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is my random thought:  say that you have some extra money to spare (rent, food, clothing, etc... not withstanding), what would you buy?  

Me, personally, I have bought and spent thousands of American dollars on everything from about almost 100 different Led Zeppelin T-shirts,10 different Rush shirts and 3 Dvds 7 Dio shirts and live Dvds, Judas Priest Dvds, Deep Purple Dvds, Iron Maiden shirts and Dvds and Saint Louis Cardinals shirts and hats.  Not to forget about 10 Samsung Wireless Chargers.  All within the past 6 - 8 months.  

All this and I could buy double what I just posted and still have extra money to spend.  

Is this a good thing or not?

Edited to add:  I could afford to travel to any Nation in the World and have a great time (even by Myself), however I seem to have a serious phobia of flying..

What else is worth buying?

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 8:19 AM, IpMan said:

 Hollywood is a septic tank.

👍Movie-wise and politically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×