Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

This is my random thought:  say that you have some extra money to spare (rent, food, clothing, etc... not withstanding), what would you buy?  

Me, personally, I have bought and spent thousands of American dollars on everything from about almost 100 different Led Zeppelin T-shirts,10 different Rush shirts and 3 Dvds 7 Dio shirts and live Dvds, Judas Priest Dvds, Deep Purple Dvds, Iron Maiden shirts and Dvds and Saint Louis Cardinals shirts and hats.  Not to forget about 10 Samsung Wireless Chargers.  All within the past 6 - 8 months.  

All this and I could buy double what I just posted and still have extra money to spend.  

Is this a good thing or not?

Edited to add:  I could afford to travel to any Nation in the World and have a great time (even by Myself), however I seem to have a serious phobia of flying..

What else is worth buying?

You could buy a house/apartment. Owning your own property is the best thing you could ever do.

Edited by JTM

6 hours ago, kingzoso said:

What else is worth buying?

That's not a random thought for me, it's a recurring one that becomes more difficult to answer with each passing year. You'll find, if you haven't already, that you just get to a point where you no longer have any idea of what you do have anyway. For example, I have something like 600 posters in cardboard tubes, most of which I haven't even opened since the 1980s. I have some idea of what's in them, but not really. So you just get to a point where you have so much stuff that just sits in boxes or in long term storage. On the other hand, I'm never bored on a rainy day! 

If you live a pathological life, you pathologize your society and if enough people do that then it's hell.

Nice piece of artwork.

skull.jpg.ce94c4d8c5666eeb3c7d65f867603d21.jpg

4 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Nice piece of artwork.

skull.jpg.ce94c4d8c5666eeb3c7d65f867603d21.jpg

John McCain on a motorcycle.

We saw 'NO QUARTER' tonight in town. I swear they were Zeppelin reincarnated. :)

Posted (edited)

Just a funny thought; if someone chooses not to believe in god or "gawd" and wants to be an atheist or worship Satan, why would I care or even pretend to give a fuck? No real answer I'm expecting, I'm just remembering the "Freedom of Choice," song and thought about it...

😂

Edited by paul carruthers

42 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Just a funny thought; if someone chooses not to believe in god or "gawd" and wants to be an atheist or worship Satan, why would I care or even pretend to give a fuck? No real answer I'm expecting, I'm just remembering the "Freedom of Choice," song and thought about it...

😂

What somebody else believes in matters little to me, unless they attempt to force that belief on me.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mknopfler said:

What somebody else believes in matters little to me, unless they attempt to force that belief on me.

What about climate change? Are ye of faith?

Edited by gibsonfan159

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

?

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:28 AM, SteveAJones said:

:lol: Would go great with a Jan and Dean song!

On 05/11/2018 at 2:27 AM, JTM said:

Owning your own property is the best thing you could ever do.

Renting out extra property is the next best thing and very profitable.

On 5/15/2018 at 8:01 AM, Zepfan2001 said:

Renting out extra property is the next best thing and very profitable.

But it is a lot of work, you earn that money!  When my parents died, the market was down so I rented their house instead of selling.  I hired a rental property management company but it was just one thing after another: repairs, damage from tenants, complaints from neighbors and the HOA, etc.  I wouldn't do that again, already have a job!

34 minutes ago, chef free said:

But it is a lot of work, you earn that money!  When my parents died, the market was down so I rented their house instead of selling.  I hired a rental property management company but it was just one thing after another: repairs, damage from tenants, complaints from neighbors and the HOA, etc.  I wouldn't do that again, already have a job!

So true!  Unless you are a handyman on the side and are capable of doing repairs yourself,  being a landlord isn't worth it. 

13 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

So true!  Unless you are a handyman on the side and are capable of doing repairs yourself,  being a landlord isn't worth it. 

That would matter who your tenants are and what sort of social class they are in. Upper middle class? Children might break a few things, should stay in good shape. Apartment complex near the industrial center? Good luck making even.

2 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

That would matter who your tenants are and what sort of social class they are in. Upper middle class? Children might break a few things, should stay in good shape. Apartment complex near the industrial center? Good luck making even.

My parent's house was in an upper middle class neighborhood and those folks are just as destructive, arrogant and entitled as any other group I've met.  You can make money, even a living, renting property but you're going to work for that money...

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Thought I'd post some random quick justice. Score one for the good guys.

In case you didn't know, she is a police officer, not just some random mom...

Just now, chef free said:

In case you didn't know, she is a police officer, not just some random mom...

And thank goodness for that.  One less criminal thug walking the streets thanks to a quick thinking off duty police officer and a firearm. Bravo!=D> 

8 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

I listened to that yesterday. When I was in the kitchen where the radio was I heard Laurel. When I was in the lounge I heard a completely different thing. Weird. But hey I'm a dope smoker so nothing surprises me🤨