Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I knew George V. George V was a friend of mine. Prince Harry is no George V.

Damn Steve, you ARE old! BTW, George V was no Henry VII who was no Edward I who was no Alfred the Great.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I knew George V. George V was a friend of mine. Prince Harry is no George V.

I was always impressed with British military officers sporting full beards. Looks dignified. Makes American soldiers look like starving boys.

Edited by Zepfan2001

22 hours ago, IpMan said:

Damn Steve, you ARE old! BTW, George V was no Henry VII who was no Edward I who was no Alfred the Great.

Really old, George V must have died about eighty years ago, thinking SAJ is on wind up..

On 5/20/2018 at 3:31 AM, Zepfan2001 said:

What makes a thing good and what makes a thing bad? Ask evil and evil confuses the two, telling you left is right and hot is cold. 

On a first-name basis with evil, are you?

On 5/20/2018 at 10:12 PM, kingzoso said:

"Wall Street".

Nietzsche.

33 minutes ago, Strider said:

On a first-name basis with evil, are you?

Is that a trick question? I'm going to go ahead and say ?&#@&! and hope that resolves the thingymajig.

5 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Good grief, she's still out there flogging that worn out old cooch of hers? Induct it into the Hall of Fame and call it done.

:hysterical:

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Good grief, she's still out there flogging that worn out old cooch of hers? Induct it into the Hall of Fame and call it done.

Jesus lol.

It would appear that the real patriots of the USA have won regarding the pathetic public display of "kneelers". It became a public display as a protest from an NFL player and given more popularity and a broader platform through the Hussein Administration. This administration began taking issue, commenting; thus politicizing a movement taking place during our country's National Anthem. Now it is over and unity can begin in public display on the field during our National Anthem. :) 

"NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

"We want people to be respectful of the national anthem," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "We want people to stand -- that's all personnel -- and make sure they treat this moment in a respectful fashion." - ESPN

Induct it into the Hall of Fame and call it done.

It's old and wise, like Yoda. Something the nerds can only dream about.

Maybe she can have it bronzed. 🤩

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

It would appear that the real patriots of the USA have won regarding the pathetic public display of "kneelers". It became a public display as a protest from an NFL player and given more popularity and a broader platform through the Hussein Administration. This administration began taking issue, commenting; thus politicizing a movement taking place during our country's National Anthem. Now it is over and unity can begin in public display on the field during our National Anthem. :) 

"NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

"We want people to be respectful of the national anthem," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "We want people to stand -- that's all personnel -- and make sure they treat this moment in a respectful fashion." - ESPN

The fact is no one was disrespecting the flag, it was a simple form of protest to point out police brutality in the black community. Mark my words, this is going to blow up in the NFL's face big time. 

Last time I checked we still live in the United States with a constitution which guarantees ones right's. I understand the NFL is a private organization but they also need to realize those players are their bread and butter. If they decide to collectively all stay in the locker room, or, even worse, refuse to play, the NFL is screwed. What would they do? Recruit a bunch of shitty 10th stringers to play? Yeah, good luck with that. On top of it we have a President who does not seem to understand the rule of law. He goes on national TV and says, "...well, maybe if you don't stand, you don't respect the flag and anthem, maybe you should be kicked out of the country." That right there is dictator level insanity and should not be tolerated from a sitting President. Just imagine what would have happened if any other President said those very same words on national TV. 25th Amendment anyone?

Edited by IpMan

And I said, "If you're going to threaten my life, stranger, because you don't like the brand of clothing I wear, the entertainment I choose to purchase, the taverns I drink at or any of that nonesense, why don't you directly challenge me in the open public and declare your charges against me for the crimes I committed against your personal entertainment preferences, or better yet, shove off and go your own way." I was going to get insulting with my response to the invasive nitwit trying to dictate the personal lives of other consumers but then I woke up. The scene was a dream and he was a character made with the recycle bin waste of my deep sleep imagination. I considered the preposterousness of my dreams for a few minutes before rising out of bed to face another long day. Life, it would seem, was full of surprises, even while I was unconscious. 

The next night I had yet another crazy dream. In the dream I went to my bank and withdrew some money. Alongside the withdrawal slip the teller handed me a shopping list. She said, "There's two lists there. One is your shopping list and the other list is of what you are no longer permitted to spend your money on. Have a good day Mr. Zepfan2001."

I said, "Now hold on a minute there. You ain't gonna tell me what I can do with my money. Just who do you think you are, miss? Ruler of the universe? And how did you know anything about what I do in my personal life? I want to speak to your supervisor."

She stood up out of her chair and said, "I know everything about you Mr. Zepfan2001. I know where you live, I know what you drive, I know who your friends are, I know what you do on the weekends. I know everything about you. And you are going to do what I want you to do or else."

"Or else what!" I said with agitation.

That was when I woke up. This time my heart was thumping and my leg twitching. I wondered why my dreams got so strange. I noticed that both of my last two dreams had the same premise; a stranger was trying to take away my freedom of choice with the threat of dire consequence if I were to refuse.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

The fact is no one was disrespecting the flag, it was a simple form of protest to point out police brutality in the black community. Mark my words, this is going to blow up in the NFL's face big time. 

Last time I checked we still live in the United States with a constitution which guarantees ones right's. I understand the NFL is a private organization but they also need to realize those players are their bread and butter. If they decide to collectively all stay in the locker room, or, even worse, refuse to play, the NFL is screwed.

They're gonna refuse to play over this? Riiiiiiight. Then what, go back to selling drugs and beating the shit out of their wives and girlfriends? The bottom line here is the NFL is a business and television ratings are way down -- nearly 20% -- since this kneeling nonsense began. I and many others couldn't care less about the motives behind this so called protest, I only know I've have had enough. Some or all of the players want to exercise their right not to show respect to our flag, the nation for which it represents? No problem, keep your ass off the field, or continue to suffer the consequences. They are employees under contract to privately owned franchises using American taxpayer-funded venues.    

10 hours ago, IpMan said:

Do you remember when football used to be about football? 

41 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Do you remember when football used to be about football? 

Remember when almost no one had a portable video recorder on them and couldn't conveniently record evidence of cops abusing their authority? Technology changes and attitudes change. And the fines go to charity, do you really think that will affect anything? Don't get me wrong, I think shitting where you eat is a bad idea and that there are more tasteful ways to protest, but it's still gonna happen. I guarantee it. 

Also, no politics.

The decline did not begin because of the kneeling protesters, it was in decline before them for what I understand is various reasons.

The United States has a uniquely and severe issue with race. It is astounding how entrenched it is - perceived from many people here who have toured the US quite happily. It was the one thing people found that was off the hook bizarre.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The United States has a uniquely and severe issue with race. It is astounding how entrenched it is - perceived from many people here who have toured the US quite happily. It was the one thing people found that was off the hook bizarre.

There is no such thing as institutional racism. The racism bogeyman is by and large just that, not to say there are not racist individuals. 

What is blatantly untrue is your claim of "uniqueness". Europeans, East and West, are by and large far, far less welcoming of diversity. I lived in Spain for four months last year and let's just say there are many strong opinions on the influx of African migrants. Asia is easily the worst - Russia and China are not good places to be Black, and I imagine that's the same in many other Asian countries. I don't know about South America. 

There still exists slavery and the auctioning of people in parts of Africa.

There is no better place to be a minority than the USA, and no better time in human history than 2018. And it is not even close. 

I had a young black woman from Nigeria working for me as a student worker about 10 years ago.  She was awesome...young married mother, always on time, always got the job done.  After a little more than a year, I got the courage to ask her, "Have you ever been the victim of racism here?"  She said "Oh yes sir!"  I said "Oh my God I am so so sorry!"  She said "Oh no sir, it's not you...and it's not Colorado.  When I first moved to the U.S., I lived in Georgia.  All the American blacks hated us Africans.  It wasn't the white Americans that hated me...it was the black ones!"  She went on to say that she didn't hold the same beliefs of being a victim as they did and they didn't like that African blacks worked so hard and made them look bad!

I found that fascinating! 

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I had a young black woman from Nigeria working for me as a student worker about 10 years ago.  She was awesome...young married mother, always on time, always got the job done.  After a little more than a year, I got the courage to ask her, "Have you ever been the victim of racism here?"  She said "Oh yes sir!"  I said "Oh my God I am so so sorry!"  She said "Oh no sir, it's not you...and it's not Colorado.  When I first moved to the U.S., I lived in Georgia.  All the American blacks hated us Africans.  It wasn't the white Americans that hated me...it was the black ones!"  She went on to say that she didn't hold the same beliefs of being a victim as they did and they didn't like that African blacks worked so hard and made them look bad!

I found that fascinating! 

Oh me too !  Your fascination and approach sounds just like a Paul Ryan example from the 2012 campaign trail...."I once knew a man who....(fill in the blank to support your all encompassing angle to the issue)".

Another Holiday weekend and the bat-shit crazy drivers are on the loose.  "We've all got places to go lady !"  What is this new found fascination with swinging out and using two lanes to make a left turn ?  You're driving a Fusion, not an 18 wheeler !    

14 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Remember when almost no one had a portable video recorder on them and couldn't conveniently record evidence of cops abusing their authority? 

http://abcnews4.com/news/nation-world/timmonsville-naacp-president-says-was-racially-profiled-body-cam-video-shows-otherwise

I see this appear in the news significantly more often, three times in the last week in fact.