Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

53 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Oh me too !  Your fascination and approach sounds just like a Paul Ryan example from the 2012 campaign trail...."I once knew a man who....(fill in the blank to support your all encompassing angle to the issue)".

Another Holiday weekend and the bat-shit crazy drivers are on the loose.  "We've all got places to go lady !"  What is this new found fascination with swinging out and using two lanes to make a left turn ?  You're driving a Fusion, not an 18 wheeler !    

It just showed me that not all whites are racist, American blacks are NOT innocent of racism themselves and appears that most if not all libtards are morons.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:45 AM, IpMan said:

The fact is no one was disrespecting the flag, it was a simple form of protest to point out police brutality in the black community. Mark my words, this is going to blow up in the NFL's face big time. 

Last time I checked we still live in the United States with a constitution which guarantees ones right's. I understand the NFL is a private organization but they also need to realize those players are their bread and butter. If they decide to collectively all stay in the locker room, or, even worse, refuse to play, the NFL is screwed. What would they do? Recruit a bunch of shitty 10th stringers to play? Yeah, good luck with that. On top of it we have a President who does not seem to understand the rule of law. He goes on national TV and says, "...well, maybe if you don't stand, you don't respect the flag and anthem, maybe you should be kicked out of the country." That right there is dictator level insanity and should not be tolerated from a sitting President. Just imagine what would have happened if any other President said those very same words on national TV. 25th Amendment anyone?

Don't take the bait, IpMan. It's pointless to engage. Especially with someone who uses terms such as "real patriots". 

This whole thing is a dog-and-pony show, with Trump as Dog Whistler in Chief. The two best quotes I saw that encapsulate this farce were these:

From Philadelphia Eagle Chris Long...

1545473349_Dd6c3hyU0AA9-kV(1).thumb.jpeg.6686ba12cf6c27921fb4508ac8aad438.jpeg

From Nancy Armour in the U.S.A. Today...

"...the owners were terrified that Trump would continue to use the protests as a punchline at one of his campaign klatches - sorry, rallied - and it might threaten their precious bottom line. So they caved.

The joke, however, is on them. Trump might give owners the occasional pat on the head, but the league will still be damaged when he turns his verbal fire hose on players. And that is exactly what he will continue to do.

With the midterm elections looming as a referendum on Trump's presidency, he's going to pull out every racist and bigoted trope he can to convince his base that American exceptionalism - read:  white exceptionalism - is under siege, and it's these black and brown people who are to blame. He did it Thursday morning, and he's going to keep doing it.

The only way to defeat a bully is to call his bluff, but the NFL doesn't have the courage to do it."

WRONG...it always boils down to dollars.  The owners saw diminishing returns on their investment and are looking at a way to try and get those dollars back. Plain and simple.  Has ZERO to do with their politics.  But as always, the libtards need to put the blame on OUR PRESIDENT!

52 minutes ago, paplbojo said:

http://abcnews4.com/news/nation-world/timmonsville-naacp-president-says-was-racially-profiled-body-cam-video-shows-otherwise

I see this appear in the news significantly more often, three times in the last week in fact. 

Yes, and I'm glad for it. Body cameras are a must. I'm a big supporter of big brother because you can't trust anyone.

But this doesn't have anything to do with the anthem protests, which are to shine light on the fact that cops have been abusing their authority for decades and getting away with it. Literally murdering people and getting a week suspension. Even with video footage nothing is really being done in a lot of cases. You can cry about your sports and your flag all you want, but when people and their families are getting murdered and then laughed at, they tend to not care.

8 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

WRONG...it always boils down to dollars.  The owners saw diminishing returns on their investment and are looking at a way to try and get those dollars back. Plain and simple.  Has ZERO to do with their politics.  But as always, the libtards need to put the blame on OUR PRESIDENT!

Proving that you either didn't read or didn't comprehend the above quotes. What do you think "fear of a diminished bottom line" means? But then, it is also pointless arguing with people who use terms like "libtards". 

13 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'm a big supporter of big brother because you can't trust anyone.

I don't know if I follow what you are saying exactly... Believing that most cops are good guys, and supporting them, does not go hand in hand with having a big government, which is what I interpret big brother to mean. 

1 hour ago, paplbojo said:

I don't know if I follow what you are saying exactly... Believing that most cops are good guys, and supporting them, does not go hand in hand with having a big government, which is what I interpret big brother to mean. 

Yea, disregard that. It was off the wall. I'm speaking of having more cameras in public places.

3 hours ago, paplbojo said:

In order to be a good cop, you must be wiling and ready to turn in and expose fellow officers who are corrupt and / or abusive. If you turn a blind eye then you too are a bad cop. As I do not see any cops speaking out against the bad cops, exposing them, refusing to work with them, or demanding they be held accountable, I hate to say it but I honestly do not see any good cops at this point.

Just like this crap with the new director of the CIA. Good old Gina was just "following orders" and "destroying evidence of a crime" yet it was ok because she was just "following orders." Hmmm, where did I hear that exact same excuse used before? I wonder? And what happened to those poor functionaries who were only "following orders?" Hmmm, my memory fails me. Oh well, I am sure the tribunals empathized with their simply following orders and let them all go to live peaceful lives.

I guess what is good for the goose is NEVER good for the gander, especially if the gander is the victor.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't take the bait, IpMan. It's pointless to engage. Especially with someone who uses terms such as "real patriots". 

This whole thing is a dog-and-pony show, with Trump as Dog Whistler in Chief. The two best quotes I saw that encapsulate this farce were these:

From Philadelphia Eagle Chris Long...

1545473349_Dd6c3hyU0AA9-kV(1).thumb.jpeg.6686ba12cf6c27921fb4508ac8aad438.jpeg

Chris Long, you go girl with your commitment to affecting change with YOUR platform on YOUR time. However, when you are wearing the uniform of your employer at your place of employment (American taxpayer-subsidized sports venues) you will either STFU and hike the ball or get your ass off the field. 

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

In order to be a good cop, you must be wiling and ready to turn in and expose fellow officers who are corrupt and / or abusive. If you turn a blind eye then you too are a bad cop. As I do not see any cops speaking out against the bad cops, exposing them, refusing to work with them, or demanding they be held accountable, I hate to say it but I honestly do not see any good cops at this point.

Just like this crap with the new director of the CIA...

Are you 12 years old? If not, put on your big boy pants and see the world for how it really is: no black and white, only shades of grey. 

23 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Remember when almost no one had a portable video recorder on them and couldn't conveniently record evidence of cops abusing their authority? Technology changes and attitudes change. And the fines go to charity, do you really think that will affect anything? Don't get me wrong, I think shitting where you eat is a bad idea and that there are more tasteful ways to protest, but it's still gonna happen. I guarantee it. 

Also, no politics.

:goodpost:

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Chris Long, you go girl with your commitment to affecting change with YOUR platform on YOUR time. However, when you are wearing the uniform of your employer at your place of employment (American taxpayer-subsidized sports venues) you will either STFU and hike the ball or get your ass off the field. 

Are you 12 years old? If not, put on your big boy pants and see the world for how it really is: no black and white, only shades of grey. 

So shades of grey it is huh? In other words, what you REALLY mean to say is might makes right, the winners make the rules, right, wrong, or indifferent. Talk about shades of George Wallace, John McCone, and Curtiss LeMay.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

ImSgNWjliqRIlsg-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14724

Black & White thinking from this guy ^^. I'm not talking racism. Absolutism.

What a "real patriot" is not. You can have him. I respect his freedom of speech and call it disrespectful to our flag and country. My free speech!

Bait...? https://vimeo.com/135203185  When football was about football. It was aired on MTV (Music Television), when MTV was about Music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dteBUV_coN8  Does anybody remember laughter? :lol: Football should be fun. Not shit.

Old Prez. 'It's fine.' New Prez - Wouldn't it be nice to 'take the politics and racism out of football'. I'm paraphrasing.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I am glad J.J. Watt didn't "STFU", and so are millions of Houstonians. Watt raised over $30 million for hurricane relief and he is also paying for the funerals of the Santa Fe High School shooting victims.

Free speech means you take the good with the bad. Which means suffering the likes of Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, and protesters.

Either you support the Bill of Rights or you don't. You don't get to pick and choose which parts.

37 minutes ago, Strider said:

Free speech means you take the good with the bad. .

DEAL

Image result for mama jeansImage result for mama jeans 

11 hours ago, Freeyyaa said:

Yesterday we celebrated Day of Slavic Script and Culture or Day of Cyril and Methodius.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cyril_and_Methodius
And today we celebrate World Day of Grammarian.

Hope you had the kind Day of Cyril and the  Greatest Grammarian Day! What is World Grammarian Day, Freeyyaa? :slapface: I'm sorry I missed it.

We have a holiday too, coming up.

Image result for memorial day flag animated gif Happy Memorial Day!

Photo by W. Eugene Smith on Iwo Jima.

"Sticks and stones, bits of human bones"

image.png.40af136d3180ca4649eb2133ccede937.png

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I am glad J.J. Watt didn't "STFU", and so are millions of Houstonians. Watt raised over $30 million for hurricane relief and he is also paying for the funerals of the Santa Fe High School shooting victims.

Free speech means you take the good with the bad. Which means suffering the likes of Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, and protesters.

Either you support the Bill of Rights or you don't. You don't get to pick and choose which parts.

The NFL players do NOT have a First Amendment right in relation to the NFL owners. They only have a First Amendment right in relation to the government. If you are going to discuss the Bill of Rights, grasp this.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Did JJ Watt petition fans for donations before the start of each game while he was on the field in his professional uniform, representing a team someone else owns? No, he did it on his own time, not his boss's time. You keep talking about bill of rights and freedom of speech, it's irrelevant here, the point is you can't just say whatever you want when you're on the job. At my job if I start talking about politics Everytime right before I talk business with a client I assume I'd be fired. Rightfully so.