Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

5 hours ago, redrum said:

I think women should take over for NFL players. They should also fight the next ground war. You know, women's lib, equal rights and all that stuff.

It's a damn shame to see what the NFL has become. Females in the locker room and press box and sons of bitches kneeling during the anthem.  

Vince Lombardi must be rolling in his grave. 

The concept for how a computer works with the 1 and 0 off and on toggling is very simple, and although this concept is simple I don't know a damn thing about building computer code from scratch. The coding technique is widely accepted to work in factors of 8 (16, 32, 64. 128, 256, 512, 1024 and forever on this line), but building a computer from scratch isn't limited to the 8 factor. That's about all I know about that.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's a damn shame to see what the NFL has become. Females in the locker room and press box and sons of bitches kneeling during the anthem.  

Vince Lombardi must be rolling in his grave. 

I'm worried that OJ isn't making it on his NFL pension. 😎

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Guess what, I have something called an MBA, so let me educate you.

These changes will not appear as amendments to the collective bargaining agreement because they were not collectively bargained. For that reason, and because these changes impact a unionized workforce, they will be much more susceptible to legal challenge.

Goodell’s statement on Wednesday referenced the “game operations manual” as a document that will be altered in order to incorporate some of these changes. The manual is authored by the league and is not reviewed by the NFLPA. Put another way, the manual is not part of the CBA.

The fact that the manual isn’t negotiated with the NFLPA isn’t all that surprising. The manual is designed mainly to assist teams in how they collaborate on game operations. It also intends to ensure that teams treat operations in similar or identical ways. For instance, the manual specifies rules for the chain of custody of footballs before games. It also compels teams to make certain resources available to visiting players, including a safe and comfortable locker room.

The manual also contains a national anthem policy. The policy currently states that the anthem “must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.” The policy further mentions that players “should” stand. There is no explicit requirement that players must stand. Expect the league to change the language so that it reads something to the effect of the anthem “must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players who are on the field must stand for the National Anthem.”

This modest alteration to the language would accomplish Goodell’s desire to remove the requirement that players appear on the sideline for the anthem. However, it would add a condition that those players who are on the sideline must stand. The policy already contains language that the NFL can impose team punishments for failure to adhere to the policy. Such language could be preserved after any revisions. 

Players could argue that such a change will impact their wages, hours and other conditions of employment. To that end, a player could insist that while the new policy does not lead to direct league punishments of players, it nonetheless adversely affects the employment of players who do protest in ways that violate the new policy.

As noted above, teams that sign and keep protesting players will face league discipline. Those teams are thus are less inclined to sign and keep such players. Along those lines, players could cite how Kaepernick and Reid have been shut out of opportunities to play for teams in a dynamic where teams aren’t punished by the league—add to that dynamic the capacity for the NFL to punish teams with protesting players and alienation of protesting players seems even more likely to occur.

This dynamic has potential legal significance, too: in union-management settings, workplace rules that have not been collectively bargained and that impact wages, hours and other working conditions can be challenged under federal antitrust law. Specifically, Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act prohibits restraints that competing businesses (NFL clubs) conspire to adopt and that harm competition more than they help.

Players would depict a policy that overtly deters teams from signing quality players—like Kaepernick and Reid—is one that denies fans of being able to watch better players than those that are signed to play the same positions. Arguably, then, the policy diminishes the league product.

In response, the league and teams would stress that players can clearly protest the anthem under this policy—they just can’t protest on the field and thus not in ways that carry the same public notice and symbolism. The league would also emphasize that there are many quality players who remain unsigned by teams and who never engaged in anthem protesting. 

Players could also raise objections to teams that now punish them for anthem protests. Under what legal authority, players might ask, did teams obtain this power?

In response, a team could cite the standard player contract, which every player must sign and which is covered by the CBA. The contract contains a clause that obligates a player to “conduct himself on and off the field with appropriate recognition of the fact that the success of professional football depends largely on public respect for and approval of those associated with the game.” Still, another clause empowers teams to cut players whose “personal conduct [is] reasonably judged by club to adversely affect or reflect on club.”

In addition, Article 42 of the CBA authorizes teams to impose a suspension of up to four games, or a fine of up to four weeks pay, for “conduct detrimental to club.” Article 42 also features a penalty schedule for specific infractions, meaning infractions that are expressly defined to not fall under the general “conduct detrimental to club” moniker. A team, for example, can’t fine a player more than $665 for each pound he is overweight. This weight clause penalty reflects collective bargaining: since it is in the CBA, it means the NFLPA agreed to it. Article 42, however, does not contemplate a penalty for the national anthem. For that reason, a team could invoke the general “conduct detrimental” language and assert it has the right to suspend a player up to four games.

Yes, I understand this, but what is to stop the players union from arguing these restrictions are arbitrary based on history? The whole national anthem thing only started in 2008 I believe and that was only after a massive payoff by the government to aid in military recruitment. The lawyers for the players can easily argue the one (the NFL taking money for non-NFL purposes) is affecting the other (players right not to stand or engage in the national anthem).

Then there is the possibility, though I admit very unlikely, the players can strike in solidarity in which case the NFL owners would be screwed. Of course so would the players. Mutually assured destruction if you will. Is such an issue really worth it? Let the players kneel or simply not participate, like anything else with time no one will even care anyway.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:00 AM, SteveAJones said:

The NFL players do NOT have a First Amendment right in relation to the NFL owners. They only have a First Amendment right in relation to the government. If you are going to discuss the Bill of Rights, grasp this.

This is true, but the owners know that players speaking up can make an impact. Hell, some owners even allowed the protest. This also isn't McDonald's where they can just replace you. If players keep protesting because nothing is getting done and ratings drop, the owners are gonna be the ones to panic, not the players. Don't be daft, the players know the ramifications of what they're doing. They're obviously willing to drive down the marketability of their own jobs to try and make a difference. What are they gonna do? Call the cops in to arrest players mid-game? It's gonna be a dumpster fire, wait and see. 

I wanna do some hot air balloon flying this year, get that checked off muh bucket list.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Yes, I understand this, but what is to stop the players union from arguing these restrictions are arbitrary based on history? The whole national anthem thing only started in 2008 I believe and that was only after a massive payoff by the government to aid in military recruitment. The lawyers for the players can easily argue the one (the NFL taking money for non-NFL purposes) is affecting the other (players right not to stand or engage in the national anthem).

Then there is the possibility, though I admit very unlikely, the players can strike in solidarity in which case the NFL owners would be screwed. Of course so would the players. Mutually assured destruction if you will. Is such an issue really worth it? Let the players kneel or simply not participate, like anything else with time no one will even care anyway.

In my opinion, given 80% of NFL players are black the sensible and most appropriate solution for the NFL at this time would be to decide that ALL players WILL remain off the field during the anthem, as was the case prior to 2009. It's a decision rooted in precedent and removes the need for levying fines and penalties against the teams for the actions of their players. Meanwhile, this social justice nonsense is definitely something the league needs to address in the next collective bargaining agreement when the current one expires in 2020. Of course, by then it could well be too late for some. I know that aside from the Super Bowls I haven't watched a game in two years and don't particularly miss it.

13 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I know that aside from the Super Bowls I haven't watched a game in two years and don't particularly miss it.

See, the protests are raising awareness, one way or another. Ratings drop, shit gets done. You not watching supports the cause. You'd might as well be Malcolm X.

Ratings drop, enforcements get done. Any word how stiff the fines will be?

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

MAD. :D Lovin it! Give me a shout out if there's a strike. I'm slappin' down the money on the Washington Redscabs.

Skins always win the big game in a season-affected strike year.

Posted (edited)

All of the conveniences that make life better will always be welcome with me. Who wouldn't want the convenience of being in contact with the people they love without the interference of people who have no connection to you whatsoever? I want convenience until that "person" can never interfere ever again. Convenience, convenience, convenience. What would life be without convenience? Way not cool, that is what I think.

In fact, I am going to change my middle name to Convenience. 

Edited by Zepfan2001
convenience

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

See, the protests are raising awareness, one way or another. Ratings drop, shit gets done. You not watching supports the cause. You'd might as well be Malcolm X.

Disrespecting the national flag and by extension the nation itself goes beyond mere consciousness raising. It's the disintegration of tradition and culture. I predicted more than 10 years ago that once they had the Confederate flags pulled down they'd immediately go after the American flag, and so here we are. Consequently, for at least half of the public, the NFL, one of the last great bastions of masculinity, has been stripped of prestige and reduced to ridicule and scorn. On that level, this is a leftist wet dream, since all masculine institutions -- the NFL, the Eagle Scouts, etc. must be destroyed. However, there are no hearts and minds being won on either side as this isn't something one changes their mind about. Malcolm X? If alive, he could kiss my ass.    

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

__92d6e06142f8d0bfc8a398f0422fe4c3_width-600.jpeg

The Chive. Now there's a website I haven't seen in ten years.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Disrespecting the national flag and by extension the nation itself goes beyond mere consciousness raising. It's the disintegration of tradition and culture. I predicted more than 10 years ago that once they had the Confederate flags pulled down they'd immediately go after the American flag, and so here we are. Consequently, for at least half of the public, the NFL, one of the last great bastions of masculinity, has been stripped of prestige and reduced to ridicule and scorn. On that level, this is a leftist wet dream, since all masculine institutions -- the NFL, the Eagle Scouts, etc. must be destroyed. However, there are no hearts and minds being won on either side as this isn't something one changes their mind about. Malcolm X? If alive, he could kiss my ass.    

They'll come for the rising sun next. Oh wait..

Edited by gibsonfan159

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Soon to be 'The National Feminist League.'

latest?cb=20060815173459

20 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Steve X ???

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

In my opinion, given 80% of NFL players are black the sensible and most appropriate solution for the NFL at this time would be to decide that ALL players WILL remain off the field during the anthem, as was the case prior to 2009. It's a decision rooted in precedent and removes the need for levying fines and penalties against the teams for the actions of their players. Meanwhile, this social justice nonsense is definitely something the league needs to address in the next collective bargaining agreement when the current one expires in 2020. Of course, by then it could well be too late for some. I know that aside from the Super Bowls I haven't watched a game in two years and don't particularly miss it.

You had me up until the diss on social justice. How does one not like and support social justice? It's right there in the term itself. Are you saying social justice is a bad thing? Why? That makes no sense as a lack of social justice affects everyone negatively.

Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, paplbojo said:

You keep talking about bill of rights and freedom of speech, it's irrelevant here, the point is you can't just say whatever you want when you're on the job. At my job if I start talking about politics Everytime right before I talk business with a client I assume I'd be fired. Rightfully so.

How's it goin'  Members of Zep? I hope the weekend was a blessing to you and yours. 

The beauty of free speech. It's universal! It's global! Yes, you can be fired. But you own it. It's yours. 

Just look at the UK. Why did Tommy Robinson get arrested? Did he do something wrong?

Edited by apantherfrommd

3 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Just look at the UK. Why did Tommy Robinson get arrested? Did he do something wrong?

Don't wanna get into politics but this book explains a lot..

41SsZweDgHL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

You had me up until the diss on social justice. How does one not like and support social justice? It's right there in the term itself. Are you saying social justice is a bad thing? Why? That makes no sense as a lack of social justice affects everyone negatively.

"Social injustice nonsense" lmao. It's like those darn Jews complaining that the ovens were too hot back in 42. We have a police brutality problem in America and it's gonna get corrected, regardless of anyone else's occupation or source of entertainment. All the racist, bigoted, wanna-be nazi psychopaths can cry on music forums all they want. They're on the losing end and they know it. It's just a crybaby show now with out of touch grandpas whining about the good ol days when you could kill people and get away with it.

She was a woman now dressed like an ace She didn't play Machavellian games She took a step on up those Hollywood vibes Said to me she wants to go dancing all night