Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

10 hours ago, Walter said:

The level of “free speech” in the corporate world always has a price tag attached. It all depends on how the good (money) outweighs the bad (loss of money). Her bestiality and racist blast tipped the scale. Advertisers ultimately make the call and ABC didn’t respond until after testing the waters with them, IMO.  Wouldn’t surprise me if an attempt to pick up the show is made by someone else.

The 'funny' part is that white people can now be ridiculed and made fun of these days by black and brown comedians/entertainers and you don't hear a peep about that. Maybe it's 'retribution comedy' and they have it coming? Goddamned cracker motherfuckers!! Those with white guilt will most likely agree.

Watching Al Charlatan, Valerie Jarrett and others on television at the moment lecturing the nation on race and when to call the cops. Audience members giving sob stories about how they can't seem to get sales clerks/cashiers to give them their full attention. I wonder why that might be. :Thinking:

Considering the subject matter and when it was released, I think "Elmer Gantry" might be the most under-rated movie of all-time. One could claim the same about Burt Lancaster's performance, and the book itself.  Which reminds me, I'm in need of a new jet.  

Contemplating whether objects in space travelling at the same speed might have additional gravitational properties than say two parallel objects travelling with a slightly different speed. Can't know for sure without doing the math and actually testing it.

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Considering the subject matter and when it was released, I think "Elmer Gantry" might be the most under-rated movie of all-time. One could claim the same about Burt Lancaster's performance, and the book itself.  Which reminds me, I'm in need of a new jet.  

Creflo Dollar...is that You? Whatcha do with Mr. Bong?

Posted (edited)

I've never understood the appeal of twitter and don't have it and never will. If you have a phone, you already are texting your friends, so why bother with twitter?

When someone gets in trouble these days it seems the source is twitter. Half of Trump's problems stem from his obsessive twitter ramblings.

That said, it's a little crazy when five minutes after a tweet a show is cancelled, lock stock and barrel. Hundreds of people just lost their job. All that for a tasteless remark? Why not let the people decide whether the show should stay? If people want to still watch or if they don't, let them vote by their choice.

But ABC overreacted. And all it's going to do is cause further polarization. Trump Country already feels overlooked by the mainstream media and now a black woman executive has just decided to take away the one show that represented them. Way to go, ABC.

It would be impossible for Don Rickles to have a career today. Not in this climate. You couldn't have a show like "All in the Family", either. Hell, even Flip Wilson would probably have a hard time.

The insane thing about all of this is the subject of the tweet that started it all. Valerie Jarrett? Who the fuck cares about Valerie Jarrett now? Why is Roseanne even thinking about her at this late date? Who wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks, "oh! I must rant about Valerie Jarrett!"

I don't know if Roseanne really is racist. But that is proof positive that Roseanne is insanely stupid.

Edited by Strider

...funny that when Vance Jones (former Obama advisor) made his racist "white-splaining" comment on CNN after the 2016 election, not only did he not get fired...he was promoted by getting his own show on CNN!

3 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

...funny that when Vance Jones (former Obama advisor) made his racist "white-splaining" comment on CNN after the 2016 election, not only did he not get fired...he was promoted by getting his own show on CNN!

Completely irrelevant. 'Whitesplaining', like its corollary 'mansplaining', actually exists, and using those terms is neither racist or sexist.

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

Completely irrelevant. 'Whitesplaining', like its corollary 'mansplaining', actually exists, and using those terms is neither racist or sexist.

WRONG...he blamed the loss of your Queen Hitlery on the evil "white regime"!  That is racist!

20 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

WRONG...he blamed the loss of your Queen Hitlery on the evil "white regime"!  That is racist!

'Queen Hitlery'? What are you...three years old? I'm sorry...that's an insult to three-year-olds. 

First of all, Hillary is not my queen of anything. I couldn't care less about her and the election has been over two years now. Let her go and stop obsessing.

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Take a look at "A Face in the Crowd" with Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal. Very prescient.

No, just like Van Jones and the rest of your liberal crew, it is YOU that can't get over the election results.  Hence all your negative comments concerning our duly elected President.

"He said “This was a white-lash against a changing country”. In other terms, he alleged that Trump voters are white people punishing black people through their vote, with a violent reference to slavery. This is an explicit accusation of racism."

Roseanne's comment, though stupid and crude was aimed at an individual.  Van Jones comment was aimed at a race...hence pure racism!

8 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Great movie.

...and a stunning cast featuring Shirley Jones AND Jean Simmons!  A classic!

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

No, just like Van Jones and the rest of your liberal crew, it is YOU that can't get over the election results.  Hence all your negative comments concerning our duly elected President.

"He said “This was a white-lash against a changing country”. In other terms, he alleged that Trump voters are white people punishing black people through their vote, with a violent reference to slavery. This is an explicit accusation of racism."

Roseanne's comment, though stupid and crude was aimed at an individual.  Van Jones comment was aimed at a race...hence pure racism!

There you go again. I have no "crew". I don't know about Van Jones...I don't watch him.

My comments about Trump have nothing to do with the election. I accept that he was elected President. And I waited a good long time to give him a chance to show he was up to the task of being president.

As the majority of the country has figured out by now, he isn't. He's a mess. For every good notion that pops into his head, it is superceded by ten other blatantly bad notions. 

He's so bad he even has people feeling sorry for Melania.

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

__581c6e75f448b2d9cee9b08ceca54920_width-600.jpeg

Hahaha. Since I usually get Thursdays and Fridays off, Wednesday actually is my Friday. 😏

7 hours ago, Strider said:

There you go again. I have no "crew". I don't know about Van Jones...I don't watch him.

My comments about Trump have nothing to do with the election. I accept that he was elected President. And I waited a good long time to give him a chance to show he was up to the task of being president.

As the majority of the country has figured out by now, he isn't. He's a mess. For every good notion that pops into his head, it is superceded by ten other blatantly bad notions. 

He's so bad he even has people feeling sorry for Melania.

Tasks-

Take out trash.

Wash dishes.

Go shopping.

Sweep the driveway.

Mow the lawn.

Be president.

Organize the shed.

Refill bird feeders.

Check the mail.

Defrost hamburger.

47 minutes ago, Zepfan2001 said:

Tasks-

Take out trash.

Wash dishes.

Go shopping.

Sweep the driveway.

Mow the lawn.

Be president.

Organize the shed.

Refill bird feeders.

Check the mail.

Defrost hamburger.

That's a heap of tasks. Don't overdo it.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

That's a heap of tasks. Don't overdo it.

I would underdo them. In fact I would call it a day and eat a pie instead. Much more rewarding that way.

If I died today...I'd be dead.

Was thinking if I died today would I be satisfied with my life. Then realized it wouldn't matter any damn way. Random thought.

There are people who create bridges to help others across, and there are people who burn bridges just to secure themselves. Which one are you?

3 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

There are people who create bridges to help others across, and there are people who burn bridges just to secure themselves. Which one are you?

There are those who build bridges for themselves, and those bridges remain up for others to cross and make use of afterwards.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:16 PM, IpMan said:

So you believe her calling a black woman a monkey was A-ok? 

The only hypocrisy I see is from your side.

As A-ok as this I guess..

No hypocrisy to see here, now move along.. 😒

Posted (edited)

^This is why it is not a good idea to sack people for comments made on social media meant as "a joke" or satirical - or even a really poor attempt to articulate something that completely misfires. You can have 2 different people say identical things: one is a gifted and well known and respected comedian who is popular specifically because of his/her edginess - and the other is a new up-comer trying to make a name and space for him/herself and decides to be a bit daring. They could carbon copy a particular edgy joke and it is quite possible one gets hammered for being insensitive (career over) and the other gets the huge laughs.

It just does not work to sensor humour or twitter ramblings which as I understand it (don't use it) is basically dropping just a thought you think is funny or interesting - or is having a crack at someone/something you really dislike onto a platform for all to see.

A THOUGHT.

Maybe it reveals what kind of fuckwit a person is. Or maybe just how stupid in that the "is this socially ok" filter doesn't work. Maybe it is a wakeup call not to get drunk and post shit online. Maybe it is just lack of education and exposure to the broader world.

When you post it, you own it. No doubt. And you answer for it. But that's it. Unless it is a call to violence or something illegal like that, who gives a fuck? You decide it is funny/fucked up/stupid/great - whatever. and move on.

Edited by rm2551