Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

6 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

I've missed an OLD season of TWIN PEAKS too, I guess. I have no idea what it's about. Sadly I need internet and cellphone for my work. If we go to 5G on the cellphones, I'm going to protest. I'll make a deal with you, Jules. Is this the show? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGjl3W20Fk8

Since you're pushing, maybe...  but I'd have to see the first ep. online somewhere. No Netflix, No way!

Do as thou wilt. Be well.

That's the first episode of the new series.

BUT 

You can't watch that until you've seen seasons 1 and 2 and then the movie called "Fire walk with me ".

If you find the time, it will amaze you.

I've joined a forum that discusses it and every day there are new observations about it, new theories..... just amazing.

David Lynch and Mark Frost.

David Lynch

Eraserhead......Weirdest movie ever made.

34 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

That's the first episode of the new series.

BUT 

You can't watch that until you've seen seasons 1 and 2 and then the movie called "Fire walk with me ".

If you find the time, it will amaze you.

I've joined a forum that discusses it and every day there are new observations about it, new theories..... just amazing.

David Lynch and Mark Frost.

I doubt he would like it. He doesn't strike me as a David Lynch type.

Soooo...another chapter in stupid people with stupid tattoos.

Girl comes into work, wearing short shorts showing off her legs. On her left thigh is tatted some words in fancy script and a lipstick kiss mark and 'Marilyn Monroe'. On her right thigh is tatted 'Eveything for you'.

Whoops. Sounds like her tattoo artist could use spellcheck.

Zany FBI agent Rap dances his way into stupidity history for this weeks :wtf: just happened....

5 hours ago, redrum said:

David Lynch

Eraserhead......Weirdest movie ever made.

What a coincidence. They are showing "Eraserhead" at the local theatre tonight.

56 minutes ago, Ross62 said:

Zany FBI agent Rap dances his way into stupidity history for this weeks :wtf: just happened....

Hahaha. Total incompetence. The biggest shock I had was realizing this didn't happen in Florida.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

What about you?

There is no such thing as magic. Magic is a term of fantasy, fiction and hopelessness. The paranormal is territory that the scientific method hasn't decyphered yet. What science has yet to explain isn't truly magic, but appears so to those of lower intelligence.

11 hours ago, slave to zep said:

What about you?

I've been fascinated by David Lynch ever since seeing "Eraserhead" at a midnight show in 1978. Loved the original Twin Peaks show. Have the new show waiting for me to find time to binge-watch.

39 minutes ago, Strider said:

I've been fascinated by David Lynch ever since seeing "Eraserhead" at a midnight show in 1978. Loved the original Twin Peaks show. Have the new show waiting for me to find time to binge-watch.

It's even better than the old series. Be prepared to not like it very much for a few episodes,  but hang in there it will grow on you.

I recommend rewatching the old series first, then the movie "Fire walk with me ", then "the missing pieces ", then the new one.

Let me know when you've watched, I'm desperate to chat with someone about it all. It's my new obsession! 

19 hours ago, Strider said:

What a coincidence. They are showing "Eraserhead" at the local theatre tonight.

The B&W photography is amazing. I'd see it again if it was at the theater.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:44 PM, Strider said:

Soooo...another chapter in stupid people with stupid tattoos.

Girl comes into work, wearing short shorts showing off her legs. On her left thigh is tatted some words in fancy script and a lipstick kiss mark and 'Marilyn Monroe'. On her right thigh is tatted 'Eveything for you'.

Whoops. Sounds like her tattoo artist could use spellcheck.

I remember a magazine cartoon where there was a concert poster on the wall that said: GRATEUL DEAD!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, redrum said:

I remember a magazine cartoon where there was a concert poster on the wall that said: GRATEUL DEAD!

I wonder how many people have 'Led Zepplin' tatted on themselves?

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, redrum said:

The B&W photography is amazing. I'd see it again if it was at the theater.

I would have gone last night but had other plans. Plus, I saw the restored print in the theatre recently and it is screened by other theatres near me two or three times a year...especially around Halloween.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

You know what, I've seen a lot of tattoos, but I've never seen a Led Zeppelin tattoo. You could probably find some on Google search.

I had a really bizarre dream last night and I can't forget it. A really powerful dream, almost revelatory for several reasons. I'm still processing the data. This might have value.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Strider said:

All the people who got the name off a cocktail menu...  ;) 

Xk1NqbGrXE39ybyRz0SM3QKBiuMmUr-5lHDS5-61PDnayIJONqUGhXKB5nHLhak6xtbPXvOniI_XqY-H9p6cpUVHp5oVXil9DMxVfcJWzD9-m3yOrik64rwV_NTL5GO5Xw-D1Jf6uJvJqu_L9uPJ7DDJUnE8TfhFtQhIfmgqcpnjgL1k5lYv5TbvUxubQrdVHBJQ1rmoT7GdufdxNTkTkyXOABAkmsRJqRbFxoH-5mtyis0rKQPhqMO6kO051FXM2FCPsXLUbgBBmaoih5sjgPjhDVV5H8ZEiuoKrsAouIwLJjHTITXbD6C9JQDgHlP0cNQFZUiJr11JBfHX1YNOGzeG7uOWd6thhKfayG7_yI4grqjOExqqKaoIvUm5ZfQJQAh3MndPkbuZBDmNONfmsL1E6ADvuksob73T1MIly_cYsWXcMdD1rLiTXEdcPVIzYls2rzv4TOtpgoUCcxXmBlyXIEXo7w0JwwcLUQk-oVsWZllg8YjdosAo0ItT8km_zKZZ_2i6FpvoqGhr7qLVY6C02E9KMdhINnDRrnv583ERwSQStzllpEvCVzWp7koQmM5yZ4uiT8aPo_0EVlXjuSUcy0dwwqTV7yzJXmI=w478-h637-no

Edited by ebk

4 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

You know what, I've seen a lot of tattoos, but I've never seen a Led Zeppelin tattoo. You could probably find some on Google search.

Was at a pizza joint in Flagstaff, AZ last weekend and our waiter had Bonzo's symbol on his forearm. Knowing it is also a christian and wiccan symbol I played it safe and asked him if he played drums. Dude perked right up and said how did I know. I pointed to his arm and said greatest drummer in the world. He replied, greatest drummer of all time.

A bonding moment. Also, the guy was an NAU grad student of around 23.

Posted (edited)

When you don't have any privacy anymore the only thing left to do is be merciless towards the spies. You probably won't be able to physically affect them in any way but you can use their spying against them and if you try hard enough you can break them emotionally and mentally. You won't get the dignity of your privacy back but at least you can proudly smile, knowing that you're right and did everything you could to defend yourself and destroy your enemies.

Break them.

Take this 'break them' concept to a level that's never been reached before.

Edited by Zepfan2001

6 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

i see a Led Zeppelin tattoo nearly every day.

5 hours ago, ebk said:

All the people who got the name off a cocktail menu...  ;) 

Xk1NqbGrXE39ybyRz0SM3QKBiuMmUr-5lHDS5-61PDnayIJONqUGhXKB5nHLhak6xtbPXvOniI_XqY-H9p6cpUVHp5oVXil9DMxVfcJWzD9-m3yOrik64rwV_NTL5GO5Xw-D1Jf6uJvJqu_L9uPJ7DDJUnE8TfhFtQhIfmgqcpnjgL1k5lYv5TbvUxubQrdVHBJQ1rmoT7GdufdxNTkTkyXOABAkmsRJqRbFxoH-5mtyis0rKQPhqMO6kO051FXM2FCPsXLUbgBBmaoih5sjgPjhDVV5H8ZEiuoKrsAouIwLJjHTITXbD6C9JQDgHlP0cNQFZUiJr11JBfHX1YNOGzeG7uOWd6thhKfayG7_yI4grqjOExqqKaoIvUm5ZfQJQAh3MndPkbuZBDmNONfmsL1E6ADvuksob73T1MIly_cYsWXcMdD1rLiTXEdcPVIzYls2rzv4TOtpgoUCcxXmBlyXIEXo7w0JwwcLUQk-oVsWZllg8YjdosAo0ItT8km_zKZZ_2i6FpvoqGhr7qLVY6C02E9KMdhINnDRrnv583ERwSQStzllpEvCVzWp7koQmM5yZ4uiT8aPo_0EVlXjuSUcy0dwwqTV7yzJXmI=w478-h637-no

:lol:

And then I said, "I will never want anything you have to offer so long as I'm in a trap. I will either get everything I want on my own terms or have nothing at all. And really, nobody's terms are easier to meet than mine." That concluded the argument permanently because they realized that they could never win. They left and never returned and I got to live my life without such intolerable disturbance ever again. THE END

Let me tell you about my dear old grandma. When I was a kid I got very sick and near death. You know what my grandma did to help me? Bless her heart... she organized a healthcare reform campaign and toured the country. A few weeks later when she was done she had greatly influenced the objectives of modern healthcare. I almost died but when grandma returned I wasn't sick anymore. 

(this was a sarcastic political parody and not a true story)