Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Recommended Posts

Autocorrect is a menace. I wish there was a way to disengage the damn thing. I waste countless minutes having to retype shit that autocorrect changes that I don't want changed.

Which reminds me of a story Marcia Gay Harden told us at her book signing. She sent a message and typed her name 'Marcia Gay Harden' and hit send before she could notice that autocorrect had changed her name to Marcia Homosexual Harden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

__c79a456e92ed06a9cd1c8dfe3e8b715d_width-600.jpeg

That damned place was wide open. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes,should have at least listen to Patton's plan,......Bradley was idiot,a 5-star idiot.

Edited by Anjin-san

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strider said:

Autocorrect is a menace. I wish there was a way to disengage the damn thing. I waste countless minutes having to retype shit that autocorrect changes that I don't want changed.

Which reminds me of a story Marcia Gay Harden told us at her book signing. She sent a message and typed her name 'Marcia Gay Harden' and hit send before she could notice that autocorrect had changed her name to Marcia Homosexual Harden.

Image result for autocorrect he'll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, slave to zep said:

That's the first episode of the new series.

BUT 

You can't watch that until you've seen seasons 1 and 2 and then the movie called "Fire walk with me ".

If you find the time, it will amaze you.

I've joined a forum that discusses it and every day there are new observations about it, new theories..... just amazing.

David Lynch and Mark Frost.

Lynch? Much respect. Ok. Will give it a go, if you have the patience for some catch-up. You and I do have the same kind of likes anyway.

Many thanks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Yes,should have at least listen to Patton's plan,......Bradley was idiot,a 5-star idiot.

To my knowledge Patton never had a plan for the D-Day invasion as he was on hiatus and his command given to Bradley due to his slapping of the two soldiers in Sicily. The main planner of the invasion was Admiral Bertram Ramsay and the plan was absolute brilliance and went off with only a few minor snags (mostly from paratrooper drop points missed and a beach landing off by about a mile). 

Bradley was no idiot, his Operation Cobra was spot on and allowed Patton's Third Army and Hodges First Army to absolutely destroy the German 7th Army and Von Kluge who barely escaped with his life.

The team of Bradley, Patton, & Hodges was perhaps the best tactical group in modern warfare, each complementing the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, Strider said:

I doubt he would like it. He doesn't strike me as a David Lynch type.

It is neither about the direction, nor creation in all things. Are you a big fan of Dune? I sense it was rushed.

In direction it's about so many aspects.

Light/Shade, etc. Most of all presentation is about timing and portrayal. "I am Not an Animal. I am a human being."

Ou en comedie, si vous preferez. :P 

 

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Lynch? Much respect. Ok. Will give it a go, if you have the patience for some catch-up. You and I do have the same kind of likes anyway.

Many thanks. :)

Awesome!  I look forward to seeing what you think  ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2018/06/06/craigslist-ad-led-michigan-state-physicist-joseph-hattey-charged-bestiality/674769002/

MSU is on a roll !  A Bassett Hound yet....likes deep-voiced low riders apparently.  Yeah, he'll watch your dog for you....cure that crazy barking too.  No treats needed....he's got peanut butter and cheez-its too.  Somebody better check the science morgue.  I can't imagine what might be going on there. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

"Me and my machines are separate."

play-your-role.jpg.91007e3606c899a7cdadd0d6eb75f6e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Zepfan2001 said:

Clownish? Not much at all. 

You have acquiesced that there's an amount of clownishness to your activity and your post count and content proves it is far more than not much at all. 

Quote

This ain't about me.

Garbage.

Obviously it is with the nonsensical spamming posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ross62 said:

 

Okay, have it your way, everything anyone posts in this thread is about me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 10:42 PM, apantherfrommd said:

It is neither about the direction, nor creation in all things. Are you a big fan of Dune? I sense it was rushed.

In direction it's about so many aspects.

Light/Shade, etc. Most of all presentation is about timing and portrayal. "I am Not an Animal. I am a human being."

Ou en comedie, si vous preferez. :P 

 

"Dune" is an outlier in the Lynch oeuvre. I don't even consider it a real Lynch project. Lynch basically had to make "Dune" for Dino DeLaurentis before DeLaurentis would finance Lynch's "Blue Velvet".

"Eraserhead". "Elephant Man". "Blue Velvet". "Twin Peaks". "Wild at Heart". "Lost Highway". "Mulholland Drive". That's canon.

"Dune" should have been Jadorowky's baby, as he was the one who had worked it out from the start...storyboarded it and all. Goddamn Hollywood got cold feet and no one would trust him to direct and he lost the rights to DeLaurentis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strider said:

"Elephant Man"

Was produced by Mel Brooks production company.Sean knows that. :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Strider said:

"Dune" is an outlier in the Lynch oeuvre. I don't even consider it a real Lynch project. Lynch basically had to make "Dune" for Dino DeLaurentis before DeLaurentis would finance Lynch's "Blue Velvet".

"Eraserhead". "Elephant Man". "Blue Velvet". "Twin Peaks". "Wild at Heart". "Lost Highway". "Mulholland Drive". That's canon.

"Dune" should have been Jadorowky's baby, as he was the one who had worked it out from the start...storyboarded it and all. Goddamn Hollywood got cold feet and no one would trust him to direct and he lost the rights to DeLaurentis.

That fills in the blanks re: Dune. Much appreciation. :goodpost: That makes sense, now. It's really not bad, just not canon (as you say). I would like to see a "do-over" by Lynch. But as "Her Majesty" says, "You can't always get what you want." :lol:

Eraserhead - No idea. We haven't even watched a trailer. If redrum says it's weird, I'll trust it and would probably like it. :) 

4 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Was produced by Mel Brooks production company.Sean knows that. :wave:

:hysterical: Are you sure it was not the King of Pop?

giphy.gif

Edited by apantherfrommd
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eraserhead - No idea. We haven't even watched a trailer. If redrum says it's weird, I'll trust it and would probably like it. :) 

That's an understatement. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 3:22 PM, redrum said:

Eraserhead - No idea. We haven't even watched a trailer. If redrum says it's weird, I'll trust it and would probably like it. :) 

That's an understatement. :)

Yeah...don't watch it if your girlfriend is pregnant or thinking about having a baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zepfan2001 said:

Nothing feels as good as scratching your balls when you've got an itch.

Too much information, take a shower, change your jockeys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

Nothing feels as good as scratching your balls when you've got an itch.

Even if the itch is elsewhere, such as your arm or back? Sounds like you may have a bit of a ball fetish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Even if the itch is elsewhere, such as your arm or back? Sounds like you may have a bit of a ball fetish.

Circles are great. possibly my favorite shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×