Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

On 6/7/2018 at 5:43 AM, Strider said:

Autocorrect is a menace. I wish there was a way to disengage the damn thing. I waste countless minutes having to retype shit that autocorrect changes that I don't want changed.

Which reminds me of a story Marcia Gay Harden told us at her book signing. She sent a message and typed her name 'Marcia Gay Harden' and hit send before she could notice that autocorrect had changed her name to Marcia Homosexual Harden Hardon 🤐 😊

Seems like she may need to harden the %$#* up 😛

On 6/4/2018 at 12:05 PM, slave to zep said:

That's the first episode of the new series.

BUT 

You can't watch that until you've seen seasons 1 and 2 and then the movie called "Fire walk with me ".

If you find the time, it will amaze you.

I've joined a forum that discusses it and every day there are new observations about it, new theories..... just amazing.

David Lynch and Mark Frost.

Jules, can you do me a favour? PM me your snail mail address.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Jules, can you do me a favour? PM me your snail mail address.

Done ☺

The genetic mutation in an animals physical evolution is an actual  process that is started and is monitored in the brain, not a random work of magic. What the animal has observed with its senses and has physically experienced is what enacts the mutation so that the animal can adapt to the environment.  The actual process of evolutionary mutation hasn't been studied, observed and documented yet. When this process becomes scientific knowledge scientists can then artificially force mutations in both animals and humans and use this process to create people that can do things we can't.

My guess is that there is a genetic marker or switch in a set of chromosomes that when activated, opens the animals body to change. This would seem to only make sense to happen at a time of rest and replication, so, evolutionary mutation must happen within the female during gestation and the male might or might not have an influence on that change. If an animal were open to genetic mutation at all times then a species would quickly disappear due to becoming "open source wreck".

Most animals have small or tiny brains, so obviously it takes little to no brain power to mutate a new physical adaption. Perhaps in larger animals this switch is monitored in the spinal cord. In tiny and microscopic animals such as ants and waterbears the cause of adaption is still an internal reaction to their physical happenstance. These two animals are extremely simple yet are as easily prone to evolutionary change as their much larger planetmates, the mammal and the reptile.

Truth is, evolutionary mutations happen for a reason; to adapt a species to survive or dominate their environment. Evolutionary change doesn't require consciousness and such animals with new apendages won't know the difference but should easily learn how to use their new parts without parental instruction.

Did the hue-less clear fish in the deep cave make the decision to lose their scale color? Do they even know? Of course not.

The fact that entire populations of a species evolve simultaneously points the way to a larger scale pattern and process that involves more than internal monitoring. The reason for such large scale evolution would be simple probability. It would be expected that a percentage of the newborns in the short window of evolutionary change would mutate wrongly and not survive. The ones that mutated correctly would live to replenish the population. If a population were too small to allow some slack in probability then the survival of a species would rely on a few individuals.

3 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

Truth is, evolutionary mutations happen for a reason; to adapt a species to survive or dominate their environment. Evolutionary change doesn't require consciousness and such animals with new apendages won't know the difference but should easily learn how to use their new parts without parental instruction.

Image result for sweden 1000 years ago

33 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Image result for sweden 1000 years ago

I don't really know what you meant with this image in relation to what you quoted besides the appendage thing and the ancient swedes using swords and shields. You need an appendage to use a sword.

37 minutes ago, Zepfan2001 said:

I don't really know what you meant with this image in relation to what you quoted besides the appendage thing and the ancient swedes using swords and shields. You need an appendage to use a sword.

Just a random thought. Survival does necessitate adaptation. The superior genetics are not the latter. Perhaps evolutionary change are breakdowns of original intent. A master image followed by a photocopy is altered, and the process continued. What is resulted is a degradation of the origin.

Got a little cryptic there. My research into genetics and evolution is very fascinating and there's still a lot of research for scientists to get done before a lot of authoritive statements can be made about what drives evolutionary changes, so a lot of my personal theorums are to be seen as theorums. There's plenty of conjecture and speculation with geneticists on evolution and I was merely outlining the current "frontier" of the subject.

49 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Just a random thought. Survival does necessitate adaptation. The superior genetics are not the latter. Perhaps evolutionary change are breakdowns of original intent. A master image followed by a photocopy is altered, and the process continued. What is resulted is a degradation of the origin.

The laws of Conservation Of Energy actually agree with this. It's the same reason certain strains of fruits and vegetables cease to exist after so many reproduction cycles. But if it is true, there's nothing we can do about it anyway and the strongest to survive are the ones who adapt, which goes against your point and means we need to get those beanies.

"Capability" is an underrated word. It underlines all aspects of psychology and freewill. Our potential is predetermined, but our selfish mentality makes us ignore that fact to avoid guilt for stepping on the less capable.

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

"Capability" is an underrated word. It underlines all aspects of psychology and freewill. Our potential is predetermined, but our selfish mentality makes us ignore that fact to avoid guilt for stepping on the less capable.

That last statement is  a contradiction.

If everyone's potential is predetermined, then where does guilt come in? Why would anyone feel guilty about the less capable if their capability was preordained, no matter the external circumstances?

It doesn't compute.

3 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

You'll have to excuse apantherfrommd. He's insecure about masculinity.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

You'll have to excuse apantherfrommd. He's insecure about masculinity.

Aren't we all.

Checkin' out all these indie recordings and finding a lot of scary stuff, a lot of underdeveloped mediocre stuff with top notch production quality and a lot of stuff that really is nothing more than stuff.

George Orwell would have a field day with this bunch.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

George Orwell would have a field day with this bunch.

wildbunchhed.jpg?itok=XgHXkdSI&resize=11

18 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Rubbish.

19 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Perhaps evolutionary change are breakdowns of original intent. A master image followed by a photocopy is altered, and the process continued. What is resulted is a degradation of the origin.

Don't underestimate opposing thumbs and genetic mutation.