Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Rubbish.

You're incapable of realizing Elvis wasn't the King of rock and roll. See how it works? Some people just can't reach the next level, no matter how hard they try lol.

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Drawing on fake eyebrows might be the least attractive thing a female can do.

2a9e46338cf3dd20410e583ef3539a1b--worst-

I don't know what the big deal is. Vito Corleone was separated from his parents in America and he turned out fine.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

2a9e46338cf3dd20410e583ef3539a1b--worst-

Reminds me of the ugly tramps you see in New Jersey. The ones who used "Jersey Shore" as a life-style guide.

Edited by Strider

In life we are sometimes forced to pay "social taxes". A "social tax" isn't an actual legal tax and is more like coercion than anything else. It is a tax because it takes your time, your energy or requires you to give something although you don't like that thing, don't want that thing and don't want anything to do with that thing, whatever that thing may be.

My "social tax" is sports in general and most especially basketball. I'm not all that much of a sports fan and most especially I don't care the least bit at all about basketball. So, why should I be targeted and harrassed by this particular set of people when there is absolutely nothing to connect us. And what's more, I really have started to notice the low intelligence level and outright stupidity in this undesirable set of people. 

It's an immensly dissatisfying inconvenience to have to deal with them on any level, so, you could call it a "social tax". I have to keep paying and paying and paying this basketball "social tax" but when do I ever have to pay a "baseball social tax"? I like baseball a trillion times more than basketball. Or any other sport for that matter. I should name my last recording basketball tax paid.

The biggest question of all is why do I pay high social taxes but I never bill anyone with a social tax to pay me.

Other social taxes include "spy taxes" and "actor taxes". If I had to pay anymore social taxes then I would be emotionally and mentally bankrupt.

15 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Drawing on fake eyebrows might be the least attractive thing a female can do.

Hi Tarheel. How's it going? I think you raise a lot of good points. So I hope you don't mind if I don't favor your posts.

On this post, I wholeheartedly agree. I would rather me plaster my leg across her brow and (for the sake of art good people!!!)... but this is a family site and we can't go with my Southern well-wishes on hypotheticals. Get a grip good people. I am only but only one, and you are but many. Forgive yourselves. I do every day. :lol:

Question: Real or fake Eyebrows on Justin Trudeau?

Image result for Trudeau's eyebrows fake

8 hours ago, Strider said:

I don't know what the big deal is. Vito Corleone was separated from his parents in America and he turned out fine.

Separated? Well, that's one way to put it. 

I love how the overworked immigration official so casually changed his name from Andolini to Corleone. Damn I love that movie. The scenes with DeNiro as young, up and coming Vito were my favorite.

The problem with Michael is he was all cunning, cold and calculating. He did not have Vito's heart.

On a parting thought, though GF III was not the best, the ending was perfect as it not only showed how powerless Michael was but it closed the stories circle. The bullet which was meant for child Vito finally found it's mark 80 years later when it took Vito's granddaughter.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, cryingbluerain said:

sweden-then-sweden-now1.jpg

Can you hear the drums Fernando?

Random thought: In the Abba Reunion: What if they came out singing in burquas singing 'Allahu Akbar' instead of 'Mama Mia' if it go to #1 in their respective country?

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Can you hear the drums Fernando?

Random thought: In the Abba Reunion: What if they came out singing in burquas singing 'Allahu Akbar' instead of 'Mama Mia' if it go to #1 in their respective country?

Ah yes, love those beautiful vocal harmonies.

11 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

If you stare at her hair long enough it looks like it's been photoshopped in.

Reminds me of one of my niece's when she was younger. 'Cholita'

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

Ah yes, love those beautiful vocal harmonies.

Isn't tolerance lovely? Mama Mia!

The compassion and desire to help others and give everyone a "fair go" as we like to say in Oz (like in the "old days" - post WW2 - and even post Vietnam war to a lesser extent) where mass migration was welcomed are over.

And rightfully should be.

"welcomed" needs to be replaced with "carefully structured"

The grace and tolerance that modern western countries, who were the victors of the conflicts usually causing the movements of so many people, and opened borders to those simply wanting a better life and wanted to adapt to the western lifestyle - to belong, has now been tested to the point where majorities of populations are now against migration. And why the change? Because the Europeans that migrated so long ago (post WW2) wanted a better life and better "system". They were so eager to adapt. To adopt their new found homes as their new homeland. Hold onto their old culture in terms of food, some traditions, etc - but only in the context of wholly adopting the fundamentals of the western countries they went to. And why wouldn't they? Modern Western democratic societies offer more for people than any other systems I can think of by a country mile.

But now?

The refugees are not only the mistreated in real need of escape, they are also economic refugees. People not persecuted, but just wanting to improve - to have what we have. And now coming from places where the culture is so vastly different the job of integrating these peoples into our systems/values and norms is no longer working. Even the Vietnamese refugees adapted. Their culture was markedly different, but not so much so that they could not integrate, set up homes and businesses, and thrive while adopting their new found homelands norms and value systems.

But now vastly different at such a fundamental level as to be impossible to integrate on a mass scale. And vastly different not only in very fundamental ways, but very dangerous ways. At times intolerant and inflexible.

I historically have been pro-migration/immigration. No longer. I remain compassionate and try to avoid ugly generalisations/stereotyping (I am for sure not perfect), but flooding very tolerant liberal pluralistic societies with those of a view that is at it's core completely incompatible with our core - it is only going to end badly. Conservative is no longer the dirty word the younger me used to think it was.

I remain liberal/progressive in my views, but immigration is a major problem "the left" seem incapable of discussing honestly.

There are places on this planet that are so foreign to our ideas, values, beliefs, liberties, etc that they may as well be considered completely alien.

I often wonder: how many centuries will pass before the various cultures are similar enough on a very basic level (they can be very unique, but underscored by core fundamentals like dignity/equality/justice that pretty much are aligned) that we start to finally start thinking of the "global villiage" in real terms. How it truly is one family. Humanity the collective. Sadly, I think the pendulum will once again swing the other way dramatically before that happens and once again humans will reveal how terrible we can be.

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The compassion and desire to help others and give everyone a "fair go" as we like to say in Oz (like in the "old days" - post WW2 - and even post Vietnam war to a lesser extent) where mass migration was welcomed are over.

The grace and tolerance that modern western countries, who were the victors of the conflicts usually causing the movements of so many people, and opened borders to those simply wanting a better life and wanted to adapt to the western lifestyle - to belong, has now been tested to the point where majorities of populations are now against migration. And why the change? Because the Europeans that migrated so long ago (post WW2) wanted a better life and better "system". They were so eager to adapt. To adopt their new found homes as their new homeland. Hold onto their old culture in terms of food, some traditions, etc - but only in the context of wholly adopting the fundamentals of the western countries they went to. And why wouldn't they? Modern Western democratic societies offer more for people than any other systems I can think of by a country mile.

But now?

The refugees are not only the mistreated in real need of escape, they are also economic refugees. People not persecuted, but just wanting to improve - to have what we have. And now coming from places where the culture is so vastly different the job of integrating these peoples into our systems/values and norms is no longer working. Even the Vietnamese refugees adapted. Their culture was markedly different, but not so much so that they could not integrate, set up homes and businesses, and thrive while adopting their new found homelands norms and value systems.

But now vastly different at such a fundamental level as to be impossible to integrate on a mass scale. And vastly different not only in very fundamental ways, but very dangerous ways. At times intolerant and inflexible.

I historically have been pro-migration/immigration. No longer. I remain compassionate and try to avoid ugly generalisations/stereotyping (I am for sure not perfect), but flooding very tolerant liberal pluralistic societies with those of a view that is at it's core completely incompatible with our core - it is only going to end badly. Conservative is no longer the dirty word the younger me used to think it was.

I remain liberal/progressive in my views, but immigration is a major problem "the left" seem incapable of discussing honestly.

There are places on this planet that are so foreign to our ideas, values, beliefs, liberties, etc that they may as well be considered completely alien.

I often wonder: how many centuries will pass before the various cultures are similar enough on a very basic level (they can be very unique, but underscored by core fundamentals like dignity/equality/justice that pretty much are aligned) that we start to finally start thinking of the "global villiage" in real terms. How it truly is one family. Humanity the collective. Sadly, I think the pendulum will once again swing the other way dramatically before that happens and once again humans will reveal how terrible we can be.

I think many of us are beginning to think that way. The mass migrations from the Southern Hemisphere countries to the Northern Hemisphere are simply too much for us to handle.

Sucks sitting at a detail car wash but the end result should be a thing of beauty! 

19 hours ago, rm2551 said:

But now?

I pretty much agree with you on this, especially the part whereby our actions may have been the cause for the migrations. Case in point is the current migrations of refugees from Central American countries to the United States. The whole migration problem is 100% squarely in the lap of US government policies toward those countries, especially in the last 37 years. If we had not overthrown legally elected governments, had not supported fascist rebels and regimes, had not used those countries as drug producers / waypoints to fund black projects their economies would not have collapsed and drug cartels which we originally set up would not have taken over.

You cannot blow up a pasta factory and then get pissed off when you find yourself covered in pasta. How about this, quit blowing up pasta factories.