Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

About 6 months ago I got a post card concerning a class action lawsuit against a cremation company. It asked if I had ever received a solicitation phone call from them (3 times) and all I had to do was check yes on the card and send it back to them. I totally forgot about it til today when I received a check for $130!! Not bad for just answering the phone a couple times. Hell, call me some more. 😎

19 minutes ago, redrum said:

About 6 months ago I got a post card concerning a class action lawsuit against a cremation company. It asked if I had ever received a solicitation phone call from them (3 times) and all I had to do was check yes on the card and send it back to them. I totally forgot about it til today when I received a check for $130!! Not bad for just answering the phone a couple times. Hell, call me some more. 😎

Nice score. You can buy one of those Super Deluxe Zeppelin box sets for that amount.

31 minutes ago, redrum said:

It sounds like they have money to burn, so why not. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Strider said:

Nice score. You can buy one of those Super Deluxe Zeppelin box sets for that amount.

Hmmmmm...could be.

15 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

It sounds like they have money to burn, so why not. :lol:

Burn baby, burn! 😎

Professional art critique -

I watched the new Paul McCartney lyric video, "Come Onto Me". I saw it only once. The symbolism presented there was candid, mirrored a few personal subjects and then made me question how serious is too serious? The undertone fueled that feeling with the same message repeating. Then it reminded me of my little brother. Sad. I musn't dwell on this but I won't ignore it. This one makes you feel like it will suck you in and get the best of your wild imagination like an addictive horror film. I miss my little brother but this isn't the way to reminisce about him. Any random bloke can watch this and draw some serious willys out of it but whats in their brains isn't whats in my brains. Whatever. Not my thing. The overall message though is like a soft reminder that Paul McCartney isn't Joe Blow at the news stand having a word with anyone about the weather. He wants your respect and you shouldn't try and push him around because he will reciporocate.

23 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Justin Trudeau - what a man. A pioneer. I love that man.

Go Canada!

New leader of the free world by default??? :hysterical:

4 hours ago, redrum said:

is this for real? (I may be missing a somewhat inside joke?)

Were you indeed affected/part of what the law suit was about?

Does this sound a bit off to anyone else????

maybe its just me....

2 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

maybe its just me....

It's the USA, the compensation culture capital of the World, anything and everything is up for being sued.

Posted (edited)

This is how we do things in my home City. Hope the twat gets 5 years. Though knowing this country the thief will make a complaint and the guy who stopped him will be charged with GBH and the thief will get compensation and a two week holiday in Greece.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/take-down-dramatic-moment-have-a-go-hero-tackles-thief-who-swiped-£170-cash-from-woman-at-a-tesco-atm-in-front-of-stunned-city-centre-shoppers/ar-AAyWBVg?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by chillumpuffer

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

maybe its just me....

Usually you need phone records to prove that the company in fact called you when they weren’t supposed to. If you’re on a “do not call” list, businesses are prohibited by law to not initiate a sales call to you. ”Robo calls” is what they are referred to as.

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

Usually you need phone records to prove that the company in fact called you when they weren’t supposed to. If you’re on a “do not call” list, businesses are prohibited by law to not initiate a sales call to you. ”Robo calls” is what they are referred to as.

It was my understanding that any fines or penalties from those businesses went to the FCC.  Better if it goes to the bothered consumer!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

It was my understanding that any fines or penalties from those businesses went to the FCC.  Better if it goes to the bothered consumer!

I know down here it’s supposed to go to the bothered consumer, along with a FCC fine. Real estate is very tight with these restrictions, unless there was a prior business relationship in the last 16 months.

I was contacted recently about a cruiseline that was guilty of robo calling and I knew I had been contacted by them but didn’t have the phone call records from 3 years ago to prove it. 

Edited by Walter

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

maybe its just me....

Here it is.

http://scidirectsettlement.com/

All I did was answer the phone. They asked me if I wanted the 'cremation packet.' I told them no, but they called back 2 more times after that. This was on a land line. I do know that the check is real. 😎

7 hours ago, JTM said:

It's the USA, the compensation culture capital of the World, anything and everything is up for being sued.

Heartwarming that JTM, at any chance bashes the USA.Live here?No.Pay taxes here?No.Vote?No.You are a piece of shit.

Fuck you!

3 hours ago, Walter said:

aaaah ok. Fair enough.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

Heartwarming that JTM, at any chance bashes the USA.Live here?No.Pay taxes here?No.Vote?No.You are a piece of shit.

Fuck you!

Oh come on, (Kev) how am I bashing the USA, I don't think I ever have, a bit of banter maybe nothing in malice. As for the "compensation capital" remark that was meant to be light hearted because it's not far from the truth, a culture we are rapidly adopting here in the UK too. I can take all the fuck yous you can throw at me, I'm British.

As the Big Man would say

Regards

JTM.

LINK

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/21/latte-litigation-starbucks-lawsuit-most-ridiculous/95706020/

Edited by JTM

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

Fuck you!

I was born somewhere in America and that isn't the attitude of most American, you sound more like a Texan.

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Go Canada!

New leader of the free world by default??? :hysterical:

That is funny, given Trudeau couldn't lead a fart.

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Oh come on, (Kev) how am I bashing the USA, I don't think I ever have, a bit of banter maybe nothing in malice. As for the "compensation capital" remark that was meant to be light hearted because it's not far from the truth, a culture we are rapidly adopting here in the UK too. I can take all the fuck yous you can throw at me, I'm British.

As the Big Man would say

Regards

JTM.

LINK

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/21/latte-litigation-starbucks-lawsuit-most-ridiculous/95706020/

Fair enough.Good comeback.

3 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Fuck you!

spoken like a true American ( so sue me)

From another Brit and like JTM you can't say enough "fuck you's to make me feel insulted.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

That is funny, given Trudeau couldn't lead a fart.

A fart leads a piece of shit, which is what American citizens are left with for the time being.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

A fart leads a piece of shit, which is what American citizens are left with for the time being.

Yep, one big shit sandwich and we all have to take a bite.

I prefer the giant douche myself, at least a douche is productive and provides a necessary service.

As the story goes...

While I replace the attachments with my own I get more and more death threats for improving life for myself. I get this image of a man that is living in a movie written to torture him so he writes his own movie that is a lot nicer to live in and then switches films. This of course infuriates the tricksters that tortured him for pretty much his whole life, they say, "How dare he escape and give himself a real chance and block our rubbish!" They then set about a new plan to recapture him and send him the direst threats of all, promising cruel consequences for his actions of independence and personal freedom and exercising his right to pursue happiness, unhindered.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:53 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I agree with that.