Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Oh look, a black guy holding an all lives matter sign. Discrimination has never existed. That settles it!

I think you put words in his mouth, I don't recall any comments about discrimination never existing, nor do I see that implication in the above photo. 

It's nice to see people not engage in group think but to act as individuals. Libs don't like that very much, get back in line Kanye! Laura Ingaharam caught flack for saying lebron should shut up and dribble. The same people who were upset went nuts and said Kanye should shut up and rap. "He didn't mean to say that".

8 hours ago, paplbojo said:

I think you put words in his mouth, I don't recall any comments about discrimination never existing, nor do I see that implication in the above photo. 

It's nice to see people not engage in group think but to act as individuals. Libs don't like that very much, get back in line Kanye! Laura Ingaharam caught flack for saying lebron should shut up and dribble. The same people who were upset went nuts and said Kanye should shut up and rap. "He didn't mean to say that".

Birds of a feather. The crow wants to hear the blues and the eagle wants to hear some southern rock. Maxine Waters would probably just give Ali a great big HMMPH!!!

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Birds of a feather. The crow wants to hear the blues and the eagle wants to hear some southern rock. Maxine Waters would probably just give Ali a great big HMMPH!!!

Enough ok, no one wants to hear this shit anymore.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Oh look, a black guy holding an all lives matter sign. Discrimination has never existed. That settles it!

Maybe you just don't want to see a photo spun (in your eyes maybe) and used to create a narrative to dismiss an issue you feel should be strongly addressed.

It's a legitimate gripe. Discrimination exists on all sides.
You got moxie, Tarheel. Rock On. 

Edited by apantherfrommd

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

Enough ok, no one wants to hear this shit anymore.

Just  kinda quotin' The Champ. 😎

I fully understand 'the Champ's' point of view. That in and of itself is natural, not racial. I also fully understand Parky's reaction.

THIS is precisely where the discussion needs to be. Not even a debate. Just talk about the differences of opinions and views. REALLY TALK.

I would love to see the initial premise of this great exchange expanded upon and discussed without the usual shitshow of race-baiting, misdirection, conflating different issues into a false narrative and most importantly, the new "social prohibiting" of honest - but dumb-fuck free debate.

Where is that discussion? Has anybody seen the Bridge?

18 hours ago, redrum said:

Those sound like lyrics, man! The rooster wants to have his chicken fryin' size.

The Champ vs. Waters? Intelligence vs. Low I.Q. He'd sting her like a bee in a debate.  Great clip of the Champ, paplbojo. Thanks.

8 hours ago, redrum said:

Just  kinda quotin' The Champ. 😎

Ok, let's go there. Ali was under the spell of Elijha Mohammed of the Nation of Islam at that time when he made these asinine statements. The proof of that is obvious as a few short years later mister crows go with crown married a creole (1/4 white, catholic) woman named Veronica Porsche. Hmmm, per his own words he would have nothing in common with such a woman as she was both part white and catholic and as a result brought children of mixed heritage into the world so he was a double hypocrite.

I do not blame Ali for his moronic statements in the posted video as he was young and inexperienced as a man and his views changed as he matured (obviously). Either that or it is as simple as the scene below:

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, IpMan said:

I dunno, I dunno...but I tell you this

You are the most philosophical of all the signs. :lol: but I tell you this.

once cleaned...implications...huge Why is RR slow walking? Watch what happens to him, mon frere.

Edit to say: No blood in the streets of DC for slow walking or jaywalking in a red hockey jersey with American letters spelled BaƆkwaЯds for names :lol: 

Edited by apantherfrommd

14 hours ago, IpMan said:

Ok, let's go there. Ali was under the spell of Elijha Mohammed of the Nation of Islam at that time when he made these asinine statements. The proof of that is obvious as a few short years later mister crows go with crown married a creole (1/4 white, catholic) woman named Veronica Porsche. Hmmm, per his own words he would have nothing in common with such a woman as she was both part white and catholic and as a result brought children of mixed heritage into the world so he was a double hypocrite.

I do not blame Ali for his moronic statements in the posted video as he was young and inexperienced as a man and his views changed as he matured (obviously). Either that or it is as simple as the scene below:

Well, it appears that Ali was a true racist then. Oh wait, blacks can't be racist can they?

I can't believe they got Della Reese to say those lines (and show all that cleavage). Pryor and Foxx maybe, but not her.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, redrum said:

Well, it appears that Ali was a true racist then. Oh wait, blacks can't be racist can they?

I can't believe they got Della Reese to say those lines (and show all that cleavage). Pryor and Foxx maybe, but not her.

That depends on the geography as those who do not hold a power dynamic over another peoples cannot be racist, they can be prejudiced but not racist. To be racist, one HAS to be in position over those either being oppressed or being treated unfairly. That seems to be the point many do not understand.

As a white guy in the US if I believe blacks, mexicans, japanese, etc. to be inferior than I would be both prejudiced and racist as the white establishment is still both the majority and the holders of power. As a white guy in Zimbabwe if I believe blacks etc. to be inferior I would only be considered prejudiced as I hold no power and am in the minority. However if a black guy in Zimbabwe believed whites to be inferior, then that mofo be prejudiced AND racist.

Believe me, I am not singling out whitey in any way as geography matters more than anything else. Generally speaking, whoever is the majority will stick it to the minority, that is human nature, that is tribalism. The tribe with the most numbers or greatest power makes the rules. Of course great thinkers such as Hobbes, Locke, Voltaire, and especially the Scottish philosophers Hume, Smith, and Hutcheson believed as thinking beings we could rise above our tribal instincts and form a better society thus the social contract theory was born. This theory is the foundation of all modern nations and is a beginning to a much greater potential. Only when we realize there is only ONE tribe, the human tribe can we truly evolve and do great things as one peoples...at which point we can drive out into the galaxy, find weaker less developed alien races, and subjugate them starting the whole process over again.

WHOOPIEEEE!!!

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

That depends on the geography as those who do not hold a power dynamic over another peoples cannot be racist, they can be prejudiced but not racist. To be racist, one HAS to be in position over those either being oppressed or being treated unfairly. That seems to be the point many do not understand.

As a white guy in the US if I believe blacks, mexicans, japanese, etc. to be inferior than I would be both prejudiced and racist as the white establishment is still both the majority and the holders of power. As a white guy in Zimbabwe if I believe blacks etc. to be inferior I would only be considered prejudiced as I hold no power and am in the minority. However if a black guy in Zimbabwe believed whites to be inferior, then that mofo be prejudiced AND racist.

Believe me, I am not singling out whitey in any way as geography matters more than anything else. Generally speaking, whoever is the majority will stick it to the minority, that is human nature, that is tribalism. The tribe with the most numbers or greatest power makes the rules. Of course great thinkers such as Hobbes, Locke, Voltaire, and especially the Scottish philosophers Hume, Smith, and Hutcheson believed as thinking beings we could rise above our tribal instincts and form a better society thus the social contract theory was born. This theory is the foundation of all modern nations and is a beginning to a much greater potential. Only when we realize there is only ONE tribe, the human tribe can we truly evolve and do great things as one peoples...at which point we can drive out into the galaxy, find weaker less developed alien races, and subjugate them starting the whole process over again.

WHOOPIEEEE!!!

I think we are hopeless as a human race. I'm currently reading this:

19922209493.jpg

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, redrum said:

I think we are hopeless as a human race. I'm currently reading this:

19922209493.jpg

Great book, my grandmother had me read this as she is (was) full Romani, right before she passed in 1996. My maternal grandmother emigrated to the US in May 1921 from Slovenia (part of Yugoslavia at the time) when she was 18 years old. She was twice lucky as in September of 1921 a new immigration law would go into affect stoping all immigration from Eastern European countries until after WWII, and she was the last batch to come through Ellis Island which would be closed at the end of 1921 (all future immigrants would come in through NJ).

Part two of luck came in the fact she was not in Slovenia during WWII as all of her family still in Slovenia (about 80%) were rounded up and killed in the Nazi concentration camps. Only her father and one younger brother survived, my great-grandfather survived the camps and my great-uncle was a partisan fighter. My grandmothers family was rounded up around early 1944 as they were an established family who had settled in Cadiz Slovenia around the 1830's and had built a restaurant / resort and were well respected in the community and very few knew of their ancestry. In fact my great-uncle refused to join the partisans as Slovenia was pro-Nazi and he did not want to go against his neighbors. It was only after their heritage was discovered and the rest of the family rounded up that he decided to join. I guess he was the epitome of "they came for the butcher and I said nothing as I was not a butcher; they came for my neighbor and I did nothing as I was not a jew; when they came for me there was no one left to do anything..."

This madness has got to stop, either we evolve ethically and spiritually and put aside all this stupidity or we kill each other off. I currently give humanity a 10% chance of surviving the 21st century and I believe I am being optimistic.

Edited by IpMan

2 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Great book, my grandmother had me read this as she is (was) full Romani, right before she passed in 1996. My maternal grandmother emigrated to the US in May 1921 from Slovenia (part of Yugoslavia at the time) when she was 18 years old. She was twice lucky as in September of 1921 a new immigration law would go into affect stoping all immigration from Eastern European countries until after WWII, and she was the last batch to come through Ellis Island which would be closed at the end of 1921 (all future immigrants would come in through NJ).

Part two of luck came in the fact she was not in Slovenia during WWII as all of her family still in Slovenia (about 80%) were rounded up and killed in the Nazi concentration camps. Only her father and one younger brother survived, my great-grandfather survived the camps and my great-uncle was a partisan fighter. My grandmothers family was rounded up around early 1944 as they were an established family who had settled in Cadiz Slovenia around the 1830's and had built a restaurant / resort and were well respected in the community and very few knew of their ancestry. In fact my great-uncle refused to join the partisans as Slovenia was pro-Nazi and he did not want to go against his neighbors. It was only after their heritage was discovered and the rest of the family rounded up that he decided to join. I guess he was the epitome of "they came for the butcher and I said nothing as I was not a butcher; they came for my neighbor and I did nothing as I was not a jew; when they came for me there was no one left to do anything..."

This madness has got to stop, either we evolve ethically and spiritually and put aside all this stupidity or we kill each other off. I currently give humanity a 10% chance of surviving the 21st century and I believe I am being optimistic.

I hear ya, man!  People don't realize the fire they are playing with!  My family WAS from Lidice...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidice_massacre

7 hours ago, IpMan said:

...at which point we can drive out into the galaxy, find weaker less developed alien races, and subjugate them starting the whole process over again.

That made me lol...

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, IpMan said:

Merriam Webster

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race 

No disrespect IpMan, but you are leaving out the "belief" part. You can, as a race, even think you are even superiorly moral as a Native American than a white, or a black than a white. 

A Martian can named Muhammad Ali can believe that his Martian wife is superior than what any white woman could do for him as a wife, or any black woman could do for him as a wife. He could say only a Martian woman that understands him could serve his needs best is the best woman. He could say birds of a feather suit birds of a feather best (for that time era.) Personally, I don't think Ali hated anyone as he said at the end of the clip. He didn't call for riots or pushing back against those he disagreed with.

But racism exists in all races in all places. It does not depend on geography. It depends on mindset. How one perceives others is where racism is. As love is in one's heart, hatred can fill one's soul for another as well. Don't be fooled. Racism begins as a belief.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:04 AM, redrum said:

They can be. It's open to interpretation as to what Ali was saying. Personally, I think both of them were right in the clip based on the era of the past.

Edited by apantherfrommd

They have got to rescue those kids trapped in the cave. What a terrifying experience they are enduring.

Posted (edited)

They have began, Jonesy. 4 kids have made it out. It will take a 24-48, but oxygen is low.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/rescuers-begin-process-removing-boys-cave-thailand-035503585--abc-news-topstories.html

Edit: If they can rescue people, they can lower a ton of oxygen masks and tanks. Should resume in the a.m.

Edited by apantherfrommd
Afterthought

On 7/7/2018 at 12:24 PM, IpMan said:

What they do to the Gypsies in the book, you'd think it was WW2, but it's the 1990's. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but the hatred against them seems deeply ingrained. My welding teacher was from Romania and fought against Ceausescu and the communists. I don't know what his attitude towards the Rom people was.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

They have began, Jonesy. 4 kids have made it out. It will take a 24-48, but oxygen is low.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/rescuers-begin-process-removing-boys-cave-thailand-035503585--abc-news-topstories.html

Edit: If they can rescue people, they can lower a ton of oxygen masks and tanks. Should resume in the a.m.

It's the psychological toll that concerns me most.

Personally, I can't bear being "trapped" with a window seat on an airplane, let alone essentially being buried alive in pitch black for two weeks. What these kids are going thru makes my favorite film look like child's play.

Edited by SteveAJones

12 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

daily morning awesomeness 45 photos 2510 Daily Morning Awesomeness (45 Photos)

Damn right. They will find out way too soon when you screw up at work, or simply don't lick the bosses taint good enough you will find your "safe space" in the unemployment line (do they still have those?). Once you are responsible for shit, you will be eating shit so ya better get used to it.

Welcome to the real world

On 7/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, SteveAJones said:

They have got to rescue those kids trapped in the cave. What a terrifying experience they are enduring.

Hey there Steve. I guess this would qualify for a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes right?"

Not blaming the kids, they are in fact blameless but how the parents could give the coach a pass is beyond me. He should have known better, especially as the monsoon / rainy season is so consistent over there you can virtually set your clock by it. I feel very sorry for the kids and their parents, the coach should have his balls removed once extracted from that cave.

Good news is eight are out and four plus numb nuts remain. They are hopeful that the remaining five will be out within a few more hours.