Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

7 hours ago, IpMan said:

Hey there Steve. I guess this would qualify for a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes right?"

Not blaming the kids, they are in fact blameless but how the parents could give the coach a pass is beyond me. He should have known better, especially as the monsoon / rainy season is so consistent over there you can virtually set your clock by it. I feel very sorry for the kids and their parents, the coach should have his balls removed once extracted from that cave.

Good news is eight are out and four plus numb nuts remain. They are hopeful that the remaining five will be out within a few more hours.

The circumstances that led to their entrapment definitely need to be investigated. I'm all for adventure but trekking over a mile into tunnels with little to no provisions is moronic and in this instance resulted in child endangerment and the death of a heroic rescuer. 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:00 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Maybe you just don't want to see a photo spun (in your eyes maybe) and used to create a narrative to dismiss an issue you feel should be strongly addressed.

It's a legitimate gripe. Discrimination exists on all sides.
You got moxie, Tarheel. Rock On. 

Jesus Christ, some people just don't/can't/won't get it. Listen carefully Panther and try to put yourself in other people's shoes. The photo used is used solely to sweep the awareness of police discrimination under the rug. "Dismissing" is an attempt to sweep it under the rug. I don't know the true context of the photo (could be shopped?), but it is irrelevant, COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, to the fact that minorities are treated differently under the same circumstances as the majority. Which is what the BLM movement raises awareness to. I'm not a hard lefty, I value personal freedom and responsible law enforcement. But the evidence is overwhelming and anyone who argues is just trying to disguise the issue so their bias won't be exposed. Ask yourself Panther, are you biased or do you recognize statistical facts?

This forum is turning into a political trolling center. If the Moderaters want to allow it and ignore the instigators, fine, I'm game to argue with them. But the rocks being thrown at windows is pretty obvious and any repercussion should be shown towards those chucking rocks.

34 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

3bc608e4942573603c9aa78fa03c1b0c.jpg

Too bad the real William Wallace did not use a guitar as he would have had more success. Freedom? In early 14th century Scotland? Give me a break. The Scots were still enmeshed in their silly ass clan system and were frequently killing each other. Edward coming in and trying to tame that heard of unruly cats was the best thing for them.. Hell, the original idea for GoT Red Wedding was from two similar incidents which happened during 17th and 15th centuries respectively, one called the Glencoe Massacre, the other the Black Dinner.

Scots be crazy back then.

25 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Too bad the real William Wallace did not use a guitar as he would have had more success. Freedom? In early 14th century Scotland? Give me a break. The Scots were still enmeshed in their silly ass clan system and were frequently killing each other. Edward coming in and trying to tame that heard of unruly cats was the best thing for them.. Hell, the original idea for GoT Red Wedding was from two similar incidents which happened during 17th and 15th centuries respectively, one called the Glencoe Massacre, the other the Black Dinner.

Scots be crazy back then.

I've heard many sources state that William Wallace was nothing more than a rock slinger who deserved exactly what he asked for. Wallace was rebelling against a system that actually benefitted the country.

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Jesus Christ, some people just don't/can't/won't get it. Listen carefully Panther and try to put yourself in other people's shoes. The photo used is used solely to sweep the awareness of police discrimination under the rug. "Dismissing" is an attempt to sweep it under the rug. I don't know the true context of the photo (could be shopped?), but it is irrelevant, COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, to the fact that minorities are treated differently under the same circumstances as the majority. Which is what the BLM movement raises awareness to. I'm not a hard lefty, I value personal freedom and responsible law enforcement. But the evidence is overwhelming and anyone who argues is just trying to disguise the issue so their bias won't be exposed. Ask yourself Panther, are you biased or do you recognize statistical facts?

That was exactly the nature of my post. I was doing my best to see this from your perspective.

Perhaps you saw the photo as a prop to be used to sweep awareness of discrimination under the rug. And I respected your boldness to speak out.

1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

I've heard quoting yourself can cause blindness... 

Yes indeed Strider. LEGENDS one and all. Give them fellas a medal and a damn hearty hand shake, congratulations, and well done sirs! They truly are heroes.

17 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

LEGENDS one and all. Give them fellas a medal and a damn hearty hand shake, congratulations, and well done sirs! They truly are heroes.

Agreed. Now use dynamite to blow up the passageway and the cave so it doesn't become the next tourist destination.

Let's hear it for the Thai Navy SEALs. Everyone rescued. Mission accomplished. Hooyah!

Great job. Historical and most likely a movie in the works.

18 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

personal experince?

Just what I've heard...  😄

I'm reading reports that the Gnashing Gourds or Smashing Pumpkins covered "Stairway to Heaven" on the opening night of their reunion tour. The thought of Nosferatu's fingernails-on-blackboard voice butchering that song is enough to prevent me from even caring to look for it on youtube. You're on your own...don't say I didn't warn you.

On 6/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, Walter said:

A fart leads a piece of shit, which is what American citizens are left with for the time being.

we are left with who we wanted.

get over it!

11 minutes ago, kipper said:

we are left with who we wanted.

get over it!

Only some of you. You got what you have because of the "College Votes" system, more people voted for HC. It was the same when Dubbya got in, that and the Florida Fix as it was reported here.. Some twisted democracy that..