Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Yes, I bump into Alison Martino quite a bit around town. She runs Vintage Los Angeles and is the daughter of the singer Al Martino. She was down in Hollywood last week with Rodney Bingenheimer and Mark London taking heaps of photos. She just got a gig with LA Curbed and that was her first piece for them.

I've been subscribed to Alison's blog for several years. I'm crazy about her.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I wonder if this is the film?

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/bruce-lee-biopic-2017-5

The only other current Bruce Lee film my google search turned up was "Birth of the Dragon", which has already been released.

Could be, an early life biopic doesn't necessarily only have to focus on Lee's days in Hong Kong. He was only eighteen when he moved to the USA where he finished his high school education.  Probably going to have to wait until the film is released to find out.

On 7/25/2018 at 5:11 AM, redrum said:

Someone's always stirring the pot.

If no-one replies to their posts then we're on the right track.

27 minutes ago, Ross62 said:

If no-one replies to their posts then we're on the right track.

Seem to always get caught up in it even though the mods forbid it.

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Seem to always get caught up in it even though the mods forbid it.

Scroll past it,however strongly you feel about the content of the post,scroll past it.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Strider said:

I wonder if this is the film?

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/bruce-lee-biopic-2017-5

The only other current Bruce Lee film my google search turned up was "Birth of the Dragon", which has already been released.

My son tells me the film is IP Man 4. Many local locations are doubling for San Francisco. Kwok-Kwan Chan (?) is playing Bruce Lee.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076298/

Edited by JTM

Posted (edited)

R-11509984-1517615955-2752.jpeg.jpg.9d2b9a4824314e5d5f49a89020ca4497.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was a law in the late-'70s and '80s that every car sold in the U.S. automatically came with a "Best of ZZ Top" (1977) tape.

There is no road trip I can remember where that tape was not playing a significant part of the time. It didn't matter what part of the country I was in, what group of friends I was with, what kind of car...at some point on the drive the opening chords of "Tush" would come barreling out of the speakers. Ba-ba ba-ba bum! Ba-ba ba-ba bum!

I can't even think of the I-35 or I-45 or I-10 without hearing "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" and "Heard It on the X" in my mind. I haven't listened to the album in ages but I can still recall every song in order.

It really is the perfect driving/party tape. It perfectly distills the first four or five ZZ Top albums. All wheat. No chaff. And none of that over-commercialized over-midi'd stuff that mars the later ZZ Top compilations.

Edited by Strider

^ I've got a copy of that cd. Great stuff - should’ve had it along for the recent trip.

17 minutes ago, Walter said:

^ I've got a copy of that cd. Great stuff - should’ve had it along for the recent trip.

Best of ZZ Top. Highway to Hell. Van Halen. All mandatory car tapes.

Always bring along the VH will me! Especially in the summer time! 

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Always bring along the VH will me! Especially in the summer time! 

A guilty pleasure of mine has always been OU812, Eddie seems to branch out into different styles on this compared to every other VH album. Unfortunately the album contains one of their worse songs ever, Apolitical Blues which is an overly long snooze-fest but other than that, great album. I still think Cabo Wabo one of my favorite party tunes.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, IpMan said:

A guilty pleasure of mine has always been OU812, Eddie seems to branch out into different styles on this compared to every other VH album. Unfortunately the album contains one of their worse songs ever, Apolitical Blues which is an overly long snooze-fest but other than that, great album. I still think Cabo Wabo one of my favorite party tunes.

I cannot stand the Sammy years of VH. It was like a castration had taken place. As much of a clown act Diamond Dave was in his solo career - he is still the quintessential front man of VH for me. 

Edit to say I did like much of 5150, a little of OU812, and about half of F.U.C.K. But seeing them live with Sammy was pathetic, IMO, mainly because of him. 

Edited by Walter

They’re playing Robert Palmer’s “Addicted To Love” on Metal Mayhem right now, on MTV Classic.... :wtf:

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Lookie here IP Man, just went on twitter to find this...

20 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Scroll past it,however strongly you feel about the content of the post,scroll past it.

Yep. Others need to do the same. Can I get an amen?

8e1628bd8b6b80e77e0615c83eec9d21.jpg

13 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Funny Dog Meme with a dog with a cat on his head. #dogs #funny #meme #humor #barkinglaughs

What is a mackerel head, Alex?

Speakin' of the 80's. Saw Steve and ZZ on the same show.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

They’re playing Robert Palmer’s “Addicted To Love” on Metal Mayhem right now, on MTV Classic.... :wtf:

BBC Radio Merseyside played "ATL" twice in four hours Thursday just gone, can't get over it's from 86.

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Lookie here IP Man, just went on twitter to find this...

I dunno about the list Walter, but I would gladly take that lovely honey with any kind of music playing.

HUBBA HUBBA!!!

10 hours ago, IpMan said:

I dunno about the list Walter, but I would gladly take that lovely honey with any kind of music playing.

HUBBA HUBBA!!!

Tru dat! 

:friends:

19 hours ago, redrum said:

Yep. Others need to do the same. Can I get an amen?

8e1628bd8b6b80e77e0615c83eec9d21.jpg

Amen!

On 7/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, Strider said:

Churchill did what he had to do. A far more valid target for disdain and "war criminal charges" is Henry Kissinger.

oh  I see: 

Churchill didnt care about Germany killing millions of jews, but lets pick on a Jewish American because he served  a president you hate.

sheesh