Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh, fucking puh-leze. Spare me that bullshit. Give it a rest. 

No problem. For me it’s right vs wrong, and it’s never 100% - either way. But the prevailing acceptance of what’s right is wrong and what’s wrong is right, I will never accept. It’s not that difficult to tell between the two, unless there is an underlying self-serving interest. To each his own.  

When is the last time you bought a box of Cracker-Jack? Was there a prize inside?

2 hours ago, Strider said:

When is the last time you bought a box of Cracker-Jack? Was there a prize inside?

Last night we watched 'Flock Of Four' (based in the 50's) and the kid was eating some Cracker Jack while watching TV.

Haven't had any in a long time. It's so damned good.

cracker-jack-retro-150x300.jpg

I'm enjoying this old one at the moment....

Coint.thumb.jpg.07292d14d9dae35c1ba3aed6ee94dae2.jpg

On 8/6/2018 at 1:27 PM, Strider said:

Now he's lying about the Queen. I have no truck with the Royals but Queen or no Queen, it says something about a person who would disrespect and lie about a 92-year old woman. Especially when we all saw what really happened live. It demeans him and the office and the country he represents.

not even close. clearly you and Mellisa Milano drink from the same vat of koolaid.

embarrassing

22 hours ago, Walter said:

No problem. For me it’s right vs wrong, and it’s never 100% - either way. But the prevailing acceptance of what’s right is wrong and what’s wrong is right, I will never accept. It’s not that difficult to tell between the two, unless there is an underlying self-serving interest. To each his own.  

Right from wrong?  you mean like when you tried to insinuate that apanther and I were romantic? 

you are the most self serving person on this forum

Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Strider said:

This goes above and beyond politics. This is just about basic human decency, which has nothing to do with politics.

Seeing how Led Zeppelin is British, as are a fair number of Forum members, it probably rubs them the wrong way to see their Queen so rudely mistreated.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, Stryder1978 said:

...whatever happened to no politics on here?????

You heard it Stryder. Politics is allowed because on certain days,

Led Zeppelin and the Queen are British. Strider said so. (TDS)

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, Ross62 said:

gplus1455020669.thumb.jpg.c16cb8fcfc2c8e9c7c5a86a38d566ca2.jpg

Sorry, Ross. Religion is not allowed. Fuck it off. Delete your picture. Not allowed on this forum or you are trolling.

Your words. Get the pic off. Sorry. Norse or Greek Gods are not welcome not this forum. Get this off, troll, Golem.

Edited by apantherfrommd

20 hours ago, redrum said:

Last night we watched 'Flock Of Four' (based in the 50's) and the kid was eating some Cracker Jack while watching TV.

Haven't had any in a long time. It's so damned good.

cracker-jack-retro-150x300.jpg

Last time I had a box was at a baseball game. In fact, it is generally at ballgames that the craving to have a box strikes. I can't remember what the prize was, or if I got one at all. Probably rinky-dink compared to the ones we got as a kid.

27 minutes ago, Strider said:

I can't remember what the prize was, or if I got one at all.

This doesn't make sense. Stop eating the worms.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Last time I had a box was at a baseball game. In fact, it is generally at ballgames that the craving to have a box strikes. I can't remember what the prize was, or if I got one at all. Probably rinky-dink compared to the ones we got as a kid.

Doubt you get anything like this anymore. I'm gonna have to buy some and see what's in the boxes.

3f516acbf6ccdd10c7359bda1ea00122.jpg

8 minutes ago, redrum said:

Doubt you get anything like this anymore. I'm gonna have to buy some and see what's in the boxes.

Real! These are from Crackerjacks? Amazing!

Wow! How long back, Red?

11 hours ago, redrum said:

Hahaha, definitely not anything like these trinkets! Probably some cheap rub-off tattoo paper or sticker.

True heroes. Photo by Richard Tuggle.

downloadfile.jpg.6831c28285cb9445532ae7ad5614d1c1.jpg

Hahaha, definitely not anything like these trinkets! Probably some cheap rub-off tattoo paper or sticker.

I'll let you know what I get. Maybe a Rolex? 😁

True heroes. Photo by Richard Tuggle.

downloadfile.jpg.6831c28285cb9445532ae7ad5614d1c1.jpg

My brother is in Willits (Mendocino) but I think he's ok.

41 minutes ago, redrum said:

It's been brutal up there and we still aren't thru the worst of fire season. Best of luck to him.

20 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Why would you wish to attack me XXXXX?

You should ignore that guy (I don't even want to say his name) Apanther. You are obviously to good of a person to get the levels some people around here are willing to go. I may have a tougher skin than many I have known who were ridiculed for their sexuality (not that anyones sexuality is anyone elses business).  But having known people who have committed suicide or who have had their lives shattered because they never felt like they belonged it bothers me when people who should know better and who claim to know better and then make jokes about people's sexual orientation when that is never a joke. Even if they got it wrong they are hurting people.

A certain person here has done that repeatedly even though he was called out on it. He claims he doesnt do it but I know he does it anyway. I wonder how many other members here have been treated this way by people like that. It just isnt right, and should not happen.

He attacks you because you have been nice to me Apanther and that is why. Sad really. I hope he isnt raising his kids to bully people too. Only a priveliged person doesnt know or will not be accountable when they hurt people like that.  I know you are straight Apanther and I havent said what I am because this is forum about a rock band and I dont think I need to say what I am. Not everyone is supposed to be the same.  Being different is not a wrong thing.

thank you Apanther for being a friend.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

It's been brutal up there and we still aren't thru the worst of fire season. Best of luck to him.

Damned fires were bad here last year. The National Guard and hundreds of firefighters were camped at the fairgrounds.

20 hours ago, redrum said:

I will be praying for him redrum. These fires are terrible.

My nephew says to me he is getting bored with summer and misses school. WTF? 

Meanwhile, a friend's daughter just started her school year this week. In August.

School in August is an insidious plot and I am surprised kids have not risen and revolted an masse against this invasion of their summer vacation. But maybe kids like school in the heat of August.

Did you ever get bored with your summer and start yearning for school to start up again? 

On 8/6/2018 at 5:27 PM, Ross62 said:

gplus1455020669.thumb.jpg.c16cb8fcfc2c8e9c7c5a86a38d566ca2.jpg

That is pretty EPIC Ross! Deus ex machina.

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

My nephew says to me he is getting bored with summer and misses school. WTF? 

Meanwhile, a friend's daughter just started her school year this week. In August.

School in August is an insidious plot and I am surprised kids have not risen and revolted an masse against this invasion of their summer vacation. But maybe kids like school in the heat of August.

Did you ever get bored with your summer and start yearning for school to start up again? 

This is what happens when people become convinced the be all and end all of existence is free college, or going to college. Then it becomes perpetual adolescence, remaining or returning to school to collect another degree. I never got bored enough with my summers to start yearning for school, That was the last place I wanted to be, particularly in August.  

14 hours ago, IpMan said:

Did someone hack your account. Oh well, I'll play. Hard to believe this sitcom ever existed.