Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, kipper said:

I will be praying for him redrum. These fires are terrible.

Thanks, kipper. The weather is hot there and that's no help.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

My nephew says to me he is getting bored with summer and misses school. WTF? 

Meanwhile, a friend's daughter just started her school year this week. In August.

School in August is an insidious plot and I am surprised kids have not risen and revolted an masse against this invasion of their summer vacation. But maybe kids like school in the heat of August.

Did you ever get bored with your summer and start yearning for school to start up again?  

Like General McAuliffe told the nazi's in the Battle Of The Bulge: NUTS!

I dreaded going back to school.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This is what happens when people become convinced the be all and end all of existence is free college, or going to college. Then it becomes perpetual adolescence, remaining or returning to school to collect another degree. I never got bored enough with my summers to start yearning for school, That was the last place I wanted to be, particularly in August.  

Appreciate the response but the two kids in question are in second and fourth grade. I doubt "free college" is on their minds.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Like General McAuliffe told the nazi's in the Battle Of The Bulge: NUTS!

I dreaded going back to school.

NUTS! Indeed, redrum. The only sane response, haha.

9 minutes ago, Strider said:

Appreciate the response but the two kids in question are in second and fourth grade. I doubt "free college" is on their minds.

Hi there ‘Strider’, how ya doin? Those kids must have a great school/friends/teachers if they miss it that much! That’s great! When I was their ages I was not lookin’ forward to September rollin around. 

Rock on to kids who love learnin and LIVIN! 

5 hours ago, Strider said:

That is pretty EPIC Ross! Deus ex machina.

Yeah I had to post it Strider,viking era things interest me and it's a damn good pic.

22 hours ago, kipper said:

You should ignore that guy (I don't even want to say his name) Apanther. You are obviously to good of a person to get the levels some people around here are willing to go. I may have a tougher skin than many I have known who were ridiculed for their sexuality (not that anyones sexuality is anyone elses business).  But having known people who have committed suicide or who have had their lives shattered because they never felt like they belonged it bothers me when people who should know better and who claim to know better and then make jokes about people's sexual orientation when that is never a joke. Even if they got it wrong they are hurting people.

A certain person here has done that repeatedly even though he was called out on it. He claims he doesnt do it but I know he does it anyway. I wonder how many other members here have been treated this way by people like that. It just isnt right, and should not happen.

He attacks you because you have been nice to me Apanther and that is why. Sad really. I hope he isnt raising his kids to bully people too. Only a priveliged person doesnt know or will not be accountable when they hurt people like that.  I know you are straight Apanther and I havent said what I am because this is forum about a rock band and I dont think I need to say what I am. Not everyone is supposed to be the same.  Being different is not a wrong thing.

thank you Apanther for being a friend.

Hi kipper. How's it going? No worries? It's more like a bookmark/rhetorical joke to myself.

I'm not a good person. You'll ruin my bad reputation. I agree with the rest. No one should be bullied for a different lifestyle.

20 hours ago, IpMan said:

:lol: You read my mind.

Hi there ‘random thoughts’ members. Thursday’s are my Friday and if things go right Sunday’s will still be Sunday.

Rock on! 

17 minutes ago, ZepFan4Ever said:

Hi there ‘random thoughts’ members. Thursday’s are my Friday and if things go right Sunday’s will still be Sunday.

Rock on! 

Hi 'ZepFan4Ever'. Travelling east on the Pacific this weekend? If so, safe journey to you.

Rock on forever.

Posted (edited)

Yoko Ono @yokoono 

+ + WE"RE LIVING IN A WARZONE + +
I have made a new album - WARZONE -
I will be previewing a track every Tuesday for 12 weeks until its release on October 19th.
Preview the album at http://yokoonowarzone.com 
love, yoko

If she really wants to give peace a chance, why won't she stop singing?

Edited by apantherfrommd
Because it had a preorder link in the tweet

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This is what happens when people become convinced the be all and end all of existence is free college, or going to college. Then it becomes perpetual adolescence, remaining or returning to school to collect another degree. I never got bored enough with my summers to start yearning for school, That was the last place I wanted to be, particularly in August.  

That would make sense if college was free but it's not. It is expensive as can be in the US plus student loan rates of 8% and compounded interest. Who the hell wants that if they can avoid it. Please forgive if I am mistaken, it's late.

I agree though, about the summer part that is. We would matriculate in late May, early June and be out until after Labor Day. Summers were a golden time, three months of sheer bliss going by at warp speed. Where did the time go? Then the inevitable trek with mom to Sears for new school clothes (gotta love those Toughskins & Zips, pants so stiff they stood up on their own), then to K-Mart for school supplies hoping for a Blue Light Special.

Those really were magical years. Innocents and ignorance, back to the garden when even the most inconsequential of experiences was new and exciting. Meeting a new girl and hoping beyond hope she would let you hold her hand. Going to the amusement park or fair with your family. Your first heartbreak was devastating, knowing you would never recover or love like that again.

I had a conversation with my wife about this the other day. The whole, what if you could go back in time thing. The fact is, if we could go back in time to the 1970's knowing what we know now, it would not be so fun and amazing. Its not the time period per se, it's the ignorance and newness of every experience which makes youth so singular and beautiful. 

If I could have one wish it would be to go back to 1977 but only cognizant of the fact that I was from 2018 and that I was back in time. Nothing else, no memories from 77' - 2018. Just enough insight to know I must savor every single moment, every single experience for what it is, hold on to the time for as long as possible because nothing will ever be as pure and deep, as exciting or as painful as youth. This is why we have children, to once again grab hold to a mere thread of what we once knew through the eyes of a new, shining person. When my step-kids come to me for advice, or tell me of a new experience they had, for one bright, fleeting moment I am young again, I am them, and I feel as I once did and as they do now. Like sand slipping through your fingers, but what a feeling of complete and utter bliss...if just for one brief, flash of remembrance.

That was my experience. Life was a goddamned Coke commercial circa 1972 for me. I had both of my parents (they were together 42 years until my dad passed in 2004), a large, extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins, and one grandmother. More friends then I could count. I was lucky, DAMN lucky and not a day goes by that I don't give thanks for such a glorious childhood. Others are not so fortunate and that is the ultimate sin. To deprive a child of a happy, fun, and revelatory childhood is the true face of evil, because you only have the eyes of a child for a brief period.

So, all you younger people on this forum...REJOICE!!! Embrace the moment and don't let it go. For after a time life will take it's toll, responsibility creeps in, and you have to lick you bosses taint to make sure the mortgage is paid and the kids are fed.

Sorry to end on a bummer but, welcome to life.

HAPPY DAY!!!

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

That would make sense if college was free but it's not. It is expensive as can be in the US plus student loan rates of 8% and compounded interest. Who the hell wants that if they can avoid it. Please forgive if I am mistaken, it's late.

I agree though, about the summer part that is. We would matriculate in late May, early June and be out until after Labor Day. Summers were a golden time, three months of sheer bliss going by at warp speed. Where did the time go? Then the inevitable trek with mom to Sears for new school clothes (gotta love those Toughskins & Zips, pants so stiff they stood up on their own), then to K-Mart for school supplies hoping for a Blue Light Special.

Those really were magical years. Innocents and ignorance, back to the garden when even the most inconsequential of experiences was new and exciting. Meeting a new girl and hoping beyond hope she would let you hold her hand. Going to the amusement park or fair with your family. Your first heartbreak was devastating, knowing you would never recover or love like that again.

I had a conversation with my wife about this the other day. The whole, what if you could go back in time thing. The fact is, if we could go back in time to the 1970's knowing what we know now, it would not be so fun and amazing. Its not the time period per se, it's the ignorance and newness of every experience which makes youth so singular and beautiful. 

If I could have one wish it would be to go back to 1977 but only cognizant of the fact that I was from 2018 and that I was back in time. Nothing else, no memories from 77' - 2018. Just enough insight to know I must savor every single moment, every single experience for what it is, hold on to the time for as long as possible because nothing will ever be as pure and deep, as exciting or as painful as youth. This is why we have children, to once again grab hold to a mere thread of what we once knew through the eyes of a new, shining person. When my step-kids come to me for advice, or tell me of a new experience they had, for one bright, fleeting moment I am young again, I am them, and I feel as I once did and as they do now. Like sand slipping through your fingers, but what a feeling of complete and utter bliss...if just for one brief, flash of remembrance.

That was my experience. Life was a goddamned Coke commercial circa 1972 for me. I had both of my parents (they were together 42 years until my dad passed in 2004), a large, extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins, and one grandmother. More friends then I could count. I was lucky, DAMN lucky and not a day goes by that I don't give thanks for such a glorious childhood. Others are not so fortunate and that is the ultimate sin. To deprive a child of a happy, fun, and revelatory childhood is the true face of evil, because you only have the eyes of a child for a brief period.

So, all you younger people on this forum...REJOICE!!! Embrace the moment and don't let it go. For after a time life will take it's toll, responsibility creeps in, and you have to lick you bosses taint to make sure the mortgage is paid and the kids are fed.

Sorry to end on a bummer but, welcome to life.

HAPPY DAY!!!

Such a :goodpost:

I'd add, never grow up, just grow old. Be responsible, yeah. Be serious when required, but don't lose that cheeky smile, sense of humour, wonder at stuff like space, child like excitement at new adventures/travels/etc. Don't leave it all behind in memories of childhood, keep the best of it firmly in your psyche. Revert to it often. It will keep you young physically as well as balanced mentally.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

NUTS! Indeed, redrum. The only sane response, haha.

No more books and studies
And I can stay out late with my buddies
I can do the things that I want to do
'Cause all my exams are through
I can root for the Yankees from the bleachers
And don't have to worry 'bout teachers
I'm so glad that school is out
I could sing and shout!

School is out at last
And I'm so glad I passed
So everybody come and go with me
We're gonna have a night with Daddy G
Blow Daddy!!

School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely

In jr. high I had a gym teacher named Mr. Nevus. His voice was high pitched and piercing and would echo like hell in the gym. 😆
do_you_find_that_funny_butt_head________

Yes, a great post IpMan.

"Those really were magical years. Innocents and ignorance, back to the garden when even the most inconsequential of experiences was new and exciting."

In the 50's my Mother would take me down on the bus to fish at the piers in San Francisco after I got out of school. That's one of my fondest memories as a small kid. 

"Don't criticize what you can't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes." ~ Elvis Presley, 1956.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

"Don't criticize what you can't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes." ~ Elvis Presley, 1956.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes" Jack Handy

I was told walk a mile in their moccasins.

Anyone seen the movie Billy Jack?

By the way, awesome post Ipman!

I remember the carnivals as a child. Thank you for your post.

I present my posts in this way for people with Iphones. ;) I have none.

2 hours ago, kipper said:
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes" Jack Handy

That's gold. It sounds exactly like something the late, great Groucho Marx would say.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:18 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Why would you wish to attack me Walter?

Where the fuck did I attack you? As I’ve made pretty clear I want nothing to do with you. Clear?

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Yes I love Billy Jack movies

I also like Breaking Bad and Beter Call Saul. There was a reference to Billy Jack when a character taunted Mike and called him "Billy Jackoff" it  was hilareaus.

2 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Billy Jack is an awesome, kick ass movie. The town scenes were filmed in Prescott, AZ and up until the early 90's most of that location (by and around city hall) looked exactly like the scenes in the movie.

Tanned teen flesh in Daisy Dukes. God bless the hot days of August.