Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Isn't it Plant who comes around less than Ozzy has in one form or another in the last decade? For that reason I'd say you should go see Plant.

Hell no. Plant has toured the U.S. more than Ozzy has in the last 10 years.

Go see Ozzy, kingzoso.

1 minute ago, Strider said:

Hell no. Plant has toured the U.S. more than Ozzy has in the last 10 years.

Not in my state.

24 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Not in my state.

What state is that?

I've seen Plant in 2008 (Raising Sand), 2010 (Band of Joy), 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018.

I can only think of three Ozzy tours in that same time...the last time at the Hollywood Bowl in 2016 on Black Sabbath's supposedly farewell tour.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

What state is that?

I've seen Plant in 2008 (Raising Sand), 2010 (Band of Joy), 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

I can only think of three Ozzy tours in that same time...the last time at the Hollywood Bowl in 2016 on Black Sabbath's supposedly farewell tour.

Since 2008 Robert Plant has performed in Phoenix three times. And Ozzy solo or with Black Sabbath have performed at least that many times in Phoenix since 2008. It's close.

Edited by luvlz2
clarify

I’d do both, but given the choice of one I’d have to see Ozzy and Zakk Wylde.

21 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I do not want to start a new topic about this so I chose this topic.  I am faced with a dilemma:

I reside in Plano, Texas.  The 69th largest city in the United States of America.  

Robert Plant is playing in Irving, Texas on September 25, 2018.  The next day, Ozzy Osbourne is playing at a different venue in Dallas, Texas.  I have the means to go to both shows but I cannot decide if I have the stamina to attend both shows, back to back.  (I have done this many times in the past but I am going on 48 years).  I am still young and full of vigor but I also drink and need good sleep.

Obviously, Led Zeppelin is My favorite band but Robert Plant is now more into folksy renditions of Led Zeppelin songs.  I have seen Ozzy Osbourne (and Black Sabbath) numerous times over the years. 

Bottom line:  Robert and folksy Led Zeppelin or Ozzy Osbourne and heavy metal Black Sabbath?

You have the vigor and youth. You can still drink and get some good sleep. Do both and you won't regret missing either one.

If you feel you have to choose, check out the setlists they are playing. Which do you prefer more, Kingzoso?

69th, you say? Not a bad number.

I really couldn't care less about the US Open or tennis in general but I freely admit I absolutely loved watching that kid beat her fat ass.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I really couldn't care less about the US Open or tennis in general but I freely admit I absolutely loved watching that kid beat her fat ass.

+1   Ms. Osaka was a gracious winner.

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Guess she took a page out of John McEnroe's verbal abuse book.

Good grief, there has just been a bloke on The BBC morning news talking about being offended by a charactachure cartoon mocking Serena Williams losing it at the US Open. The world has gone mad, the PC brigade now wants to eradicate satire..

5 hours ago, JTM said:

Good grief, there has just been a bloke on The BBC morning news talking about being offended by a charactachure cartoon mocking Serena Williams losing it at the US Open. The world has gone mad, the PC brigade now wants to eradicate satire..

I've seen the cartoon and it isn't racist in the least. My advice to Serena Williams is if you want a better caricature bring a better face.

Besides, the way they treated that humble, half-Japanese kid who beat Serena's fat ass is far more offensive to most than that cartoon.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I've seen the cartoon and it isn't racist in the least. My advice to Serena Williams is if you want a better caricature bring a better face.

Besides, the way they treated that humble, half-Japanese kid who beat Serena's fat ass is far more offensive to most than that cartoon.

They showed the cartoon in the report, to me it looked like a typical charactachure, a comic depiction of someone losing it, nothing offensive about it at all. The guy who complained said that the image was a throwback to the stereotypical images of black women that were common in the past (or something along those lines, I'm paraphrasing). Satire has always been around and everyone is game for being a victim.

...it must be incredibly exhausting spending all your time looking for ways to be offended nowadays.

From the wayback machine. These guys used to live about 3 doors up from my friend Ralph.

8 hours ago, redrum said:

From the wayback machine. These guys used to live about 3 doors up from my friend Ralph.

I believe the use of Codine and the phrase Quicksilver Messenger Service would be an oxymoron.

10 hours ago, redrum said:

Just listened to their entire catalog a few months back.  Did the same with Hot Tuna, New Riders of the Purple Sage, and Wishbone Ash.  Lots of hidden gems that were never exposed on radio, flew under my radar back in the day, and all enjoyable.  

Edited by Bong-Man

On 9/12/2018 at 7:20 AM, SteveAJones said:

You do realize that it was Serena who asked the crowd to lay off the Japanese girl and give her her due? I don't like Serena but what she did was no worse than what hundreds of men have done over the years and without near the penalty/criticism that Serena is receiving. If it isn't racism, it sure is sexism. Men are outspoken, feisty. But women are bitches for the same behaviour.

I watched the match. Serena was a petulant child but Carlos Ramos made it worse instead of trying to defuse the situation. And I've seen him call some bad matches before...men and women both. He should never be in that chair again.

23 hours ago, JTM said:

They showed the cartoon in the report, to me it looked like a typical charactachure, a comic depiction of someone losing it, nothing offensive about it at all. The guy who complained said that the image was a throwback to the stereotypical images of black women that were common in the past (or something along those lines, I'm paraphrasing). Satire has always been around and everyone is game for being a victim.

I would agree with the PC charge more if the cartoonist had not made the other woman in the cartoon blonde and white. Serena beat a Japanese player. If the cartoonist was satirizing Serena's conduct during the final, why change her opponent from a Japanese woman to a blonde barbie doll?

Serena is ripe for satirizing but in my opinion this Aussie cartoonist failed in the execution.

"I would agree with the PC charge more if the cartoonist had not made the other woman in the cartoon blonde and white. Serena beat a Japanese player. If the cartoonist was satirizing Serena's conduct during the final, why change her opponent from a Japanese woman to a blonde barbie doll?"

So the cartoonist was supposed to color Naomi's skin tone yellow???  Tell me you wouldn't have cried "Racism" then!!  And  Naomi's hair color IS blonde!!! 

8 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

"I would agree with the PC charge more if the cartoonist had not made the other woman in the cartoon blonde and white. Serena beat a Japanese player. If the cartoonist was satirizing Serena's conduct during the final, why change her opponent from a Japanese woman to a blonde barbie doll?"

So the cartoonist was supposed to color Naomi's skin tone yellow???  Tell me you wouldn't have cried "Racism" then!!  And  Naomi's hair color IS blonde!!! 

Please see an eye doctor. Below is Naomi Osaka. Now look at the cartoon. Not even close.

tdy_news_naomi_osaka_180910.thumb.jpg.b7db3ed63b2261d11df21fbad53f72fe.jpg

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

You do realize that it was Serena who asked the crowd to lay off the Japanese girl and give her her due? I don't like Serena but what she did was no worse than what hundreds of men have done over the years and without near the penalty/criticism that Serena is receiving. If it isn't racism, it sure is sexism. Men are outspoken, feisty. But women are bitches for the same behaviour.

I watched the match. Serena was a petulant child but Carlos Ramos made it worse instead of trying to defuse the situation. And I've seen him call some bad matches before...men and women both. He should never be in that chair again.

I would agree with the PC charge more if the cartoonist had not made the other woman in the cartoon blonde and white. Serena beat a Japanese player. If the cartoonist was satirizing Serena's conduct during the final, why change her opponent from a Japanese woman to a blonde barbie doll?

Serena is ripe for satirizing but in my opinion this Aussie cartoonist failed in the execution.

The cartoon was a blink and you'll miss it, on screen for about two seconds. I did not notice the background, thanks for pointing it out, you're right about the artist.

I want  a Trump wall to keep these beach snobs away. You chose to live on the beach, deal with it. Don't come rolling into another town in your Cadillac making entitled demands. What's gonna be funny is when the power goes off here and they're all stranded in a motel. I'm gonna be like "Y'all wanna come stay in muh basement? I got extra lube..I mean, food."

2 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I want  a Trump wall to keep these beach snobs away. You chose to live on the beach, deal with it. Don't come rolling into another town in your Cadillac making entitled demands. What's gonna be funny is when the power goes off here and they're all stranded in a motel. I'm gonna be like "Y'all wanna come stay in muh basement? I got extra lube..I mean, food."

It depends...is it a private or public beach?

25 minutes ago, Strider said:

It depends...is it a private or public beach?

? Both I suppose. All I know is that wealthy folks from out of town try to play by their own rules and get rude about it.