Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

..and if you blow the cartoon, you will also see that Naomi's skin tone is ALMOST as dark as Serena's but not as light as the umpire!

So who's REALLY the racist with regards to the cartoon?  It's not the artist!

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

I believe the use of Codine and the phrase Quicksilver Messenger Service would be an oxymoron.

My first job was a bicycle messenger at Quick Way Delivery. Not much fun when it rained.

Naomi is half Japanese, half Haitian who pretty much looks like what she is, black skin tone, black hair with mixed Haitian & Japanese features. Depicting her otherwise is just being a shitty cartoonist in general. Also, her hair is dark brown with some blonde highlights however the hair is very much predominantly dark brown.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Naomi is half Japanese, half Haitian who pretty much looks like what she is, black skin tone, black hair with mixed Haitian & Japanese features. Depicting her otherwise is just being a shitty cartoonist in general. Also, her hair is dark brown with some blonde highlights however the hair is very much predominantly dark brown.

I guess my eyes do work! :thumbsup: 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:28 AM, Strider said:

Hell no. Plant has toured the U.S. more than Ozzy has in the last 10 years.

Go see Ozzy, kingzoso.

I have decided to see Ozzy over Plant.

The deciding factor was I compared current aetliats between the two and I prefer to hear Ozzy's interperstatuons of Black Sabbath songs than Robert's re--inerpertatuons of the very few Led Zeppelin songs Robert and His band plays.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

You do realize that it was Serena who asked the crowd to lay off the Japanese girl and give her her due? I don't like Serena but what she did was no worse than what hundreds of men have done over the years and without near the penalty/criticism that Serena is receiving. If it isn't racism, it sure is sexism. Men are outspoken, feisty. But women are bitches for the same behaviour.

Ridiculous, revisionist and wrong.

I know the Serena Williams type. She plays all the cards -- race card, mother card, gender card, rights card, religion card, every card but the personal responsibility card.

Nice spin though. 

Edited by SteveAJones

"I can't leave.....who's going to watch my doggies ?"   

You're right lady.  Since the dogs are obviously smarter than you, it would be a tough choice.  Since you've already established your own rescue pecking order, I'm for saving the dogs and leaving you behind.  Keep those biscuits and milk bones dry....you may need them.

ZERO sympathy for those along the Carolina coasts calling in for rescue.  Screw 'em, tell them rescuers will be there on Monday!  They were TOLD to evacuate days ago!

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

"I can't leave.....who's going to watch my doggies ?"   

You're right lady.  Since the dogs are obviously smarter than you, it would be a tough choice.  Since you've already established your own rescue pecking order, I'm for saving the dogs and leaving you behind.  Keep those biscuits and milk bones dry....you may need them.

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

ZERO sympathy for those along the Carolina coasts calling in for rescue.  Screw 'em, tell them rescuers will be there on Monday!  They were TOLD to evacuate days ago!

Darwin Award winners. Or...Nature's way of thinning the herd.

Reading the news today and this just keeps rolling through my mind...

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, he’s gonna get them, too

What’s the scorecard now, 8 guilty pleas? That’s a lot of witches and the clock just keeps on tickin... 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

What’s the scorecard now, 8 guilty pleas? That’s a lot of witches and the clock just keeps on tickin... 

Yep, Manifort was just given a deal, the only way that shit goes down is if he is wiling to testify, Tick tick tick...tick tick tick...

10 hours ago, Walter said:

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

Yep, Manifort was just given a deal, the only way that shit goes down is if he is wiling to testify, Tick tick tick...tick tick tick...

You two are so amusing. You must be waiting for Santa already too.

30 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

You two are so amusing. You must be waiting for Santa already too.

😝

13 hours ago, Walter said:

You're giving me Lion flashbacks Walter....Stop it !  :yes2:

Saw the blow-up of the entire polarizing cartoon in all its glory, a couple of days ago. I gotta say that I love the portrayal of a certain someone in a Hefner-esque bath robe, petting a pretty perplexed feline! Such a master stroke! :hysterical:

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Buy cheap books, get cheap content.

IMG_20180915_185110359.jpg

Simply Irresistible 

10 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Buy cheap books, get cheap content.

IMG_20180915_185110359.jpg

Hahaha. Which one is this?