Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Barry Gibb arrives in a horse-drawn carriage & accepts his ‘Best-dressed Man’ award.

I have to go through that every time I want to go to McDonald's. They seem to know I'm coming. 😎

20 hours ago, redrum said:

Barry Gibb arrives in a horse-drawn carriage & accepts his ‘Best-dressed Man’ award.

I have to go through that every time I want to go to McDonald's. They seem to know I'm coming. 😎

🤴 With one as notable and legendary as yourself the whispers start as soon as you set foot out of your house.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, SteveAJones said:

Ridiculous, revisionist and wrong.

I know the Serena Williams type. She plays all the cards -- race card, mother card, gender card, rights card, religion card, every card but the personal responsibility card.

Nice spin though. 

He frequently is wrong, just never admits it. Ms. Osaka is Japanese and also as black as 44. This should have been called a mixed match.

Serena claiming sexism was wrong. She had a female opponent. :lol: And Serena has been no stranger to abusing female judges or opponents.

Plenty of men have been thrown out of games and given warnings. Usually though, it has been during the part of the game where it was their first offense. ;) Not a game point. And for her to claim women rights is a farce. :lol:  Good post, Jonesy

3 hours ago, Ross62 said:

🤴 With one as notable and legendary as yourself the whispers start as soon as you set foot out of your house.

It's the cross I must bear. 🤩

I've noticed all the member signatures have disappeared.

Edited by JTM

3 hours ago, redrum said:

It's the cross I must bear. 🤩

When the ladies who throw rose petals in front of me run out of rose petals I'll feel sorry for you. 

7 hours ago, Ross62 said:

When the ladies who throw rose petals in front of me run out of rose petals I'll feel sorry for you. 

Even disguises don't help.

I36VOjBA_400x400.jpeg

20 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

He frequently is wrong, just never admits it. Ms. Osaka is Japanese and also as black as 44. This should have been called a mixed match.

Serena claiming sexism was wrong. She had a female opponent. :lol: And Serena has been no stranger to abusing female judges or opponents.

Plenty of men have been thrown out of games and given warnings. Usually though, it has been during the part of the game where it was their first offense. ;) Not a game point. And for her to claim women rights is a farce. :lol:  Good post, Jonesy

I also agree with both of you!

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Even disguises don't help.

I36VOjBA_400x400.jpeg

😲 I'm not surprised! 😃

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, Stryder1978 said:

ZERO sympathy for those along the Carolina coasts calling in for rescue.  Screw 'em, tell them rescuers will be there on Monday!  They were TOLD to evacuate days ago!

People get stuck and stunned when panicked. Others simply have nowhere or means to go anywhere, but by foot.

I was glad go back home tbh. Nothing could be finer... New Bern got hit very hard. But yup, some with the means were flat out stewpid.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

New issue of Tiger Beat.

IMG_20180922_194156897.jpg

Special hugs and kisses issue for sure

12 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Special hugs and kisses issue for sure

The interview wasn't as intimate as I'd hoped.

Here's one you'll never hear on the classic crock stations.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, slave to zep said:

How's it goin', Jules? Well, it's true? I'll do a kindness and just post a link instead of a video to click sticking it in everyone's face...

Wait a minute... Thinking... I'll get back to you in a min. brb.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:42 AM, apantherfrommd said:

On 9/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, slave to zep said:

Sorry. Call of nature. What are these Atari Age B & W emojis doin' on my pc? Grrrr! Anyway. Nah. I won't post a link. I saw a video. I'm glad I was vindicated.

Tennis is a beautiful sport. Have you ever played it, Jules? Serena is a genetically good player. Should she make it far mid to late January 2019, I'm curious of what kind of response she would get in the Australian Open. I hold no enmity toward the cartoonist from Australia. A caricature is what it is. People get bent out of shape and cry. GROW UP! Australia, you got taste from the (media) "Liberal-side" of what we in the US have to endure on a daily basis in our media because of a cartoonist. :lol: Nothing against "Libs in our society". I'm talking about our Liberal media here. As for Liberals in our society, feel free to express yourselves whether I agree with you or not. Power to the people.

My favorite (not favourite) lady tennis players have been [(Sorry I didn't say (Favourite), but I don't brown-nose to make better an acquaintance.] ;) I like y'all anyway. Order of appearance:  

Martina Navratilova

Monica Seles (because of her grunt) until she got stabbed on the court. Now that was a FINE grunt! Troy Aikman was a snob to snub her. And he still is a snob.

Maria Sharapova for her shrieking.

And now Naomi Osaka from Japan.

I love tennis too much. I love OZ too much. This Ms. Serena Williams was horrible. And if I didn't post the video, some would say/ (and did say)  

"she did was no worse than what hundreds of men have done over the years and 
without near the penalty/criticism that Serena is receiving."                           

Actually, she let down a lot of people for a lot of reasons that followed and believed in her. I'm glad I wasn't in her boat, and don't condone her actions to score virtue points, unlike some have.

Like the video blogger or not, he's telling the truth and has the truth to back it up

Voila - BOOM :lol: Viva la tennis! 

Edited by apantherfrommd

3 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

A caricature is what it is. People get bent out of shape and cry. GROW UP! Australia, you got taste from the (media) "Liberal-side" of what we in the US have to endure on a daily basis in our media because of a cartoonist. :lol: Nothing against "Libs in our society". I'm talking about our Liberal media here.

Mate, trust me, it is almost as bad here (media) - but in our own unique way. The bullshit media has a lot to answer for. They are the biggest facilitators to the rubbish construct of tribal "left vs. right" political GARBAGE. Second only to the masses that seem happy to swallow this crap. They SHOULD call it out when the pollies try to divide us. But they willingly feed the beast that is threatening to destroy us. Why? Because news bureau's are no longer preserved as an important service for the people that is maintained outside of the for-profit business models of entertainment/infotainment industries. Now it is all for profit - which means intelligent considered positions that are discussed and debated from a baseline of an agreed reality with the intention of exploring ideas and the reasons behind peoples positions/opinions almost don't exist. There is no profit in it. The unwashed masses demand action! Entertainment! It has to be SEXY!!! Give us that instant thrill or we'll watch something else!!! The unwashed masses are almost just as much to blame. Stupid humans..... :wall:

The cartoonist caricatures EVERYONE. It's his JOB. If he decided to not caricature someone based on the fact they are black (or Asian, or white, or Mexican, or etc, etc, etc...), THAT is racist! He did to Williams what he does to EVERY ONE of his subjects. He showed no fear or favour with Serena being a strong, black, American woman elite athlete. He caricatures people and presents a moment/movement/event/speech/whatever for consideration.

He may now be more inclined to be racist. Maybe now when he sees something he thinks will make a good cartoon he thinks twice BECAUSE of the subjects skin colour or sex or whatever. So effing stupid.....

Liberals, conservatives, pfffft. Absolutely useless bullshit labels that none of us should be proud to wear anymore. How about just "I have mixed views on different things"????

ok, rant over.

Peace. :peace:

...speaking of Rush, I watched the Dan Rather interview with Geddy Lee on AXS TV this week.  One of THE best and most interesting interviews of a rock star I have ever seen.  I now admire him much more than just being an incredible singer/songwriter/bassist!

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Mate, trust me, it is almost as bad here (media) - but in our own unique way. The bullshit media has a lot to answer for. They are the biggest facilitators to the rubbish construct of tribal "left vs. right" political GARBAGE. Second only to the masses that seem happy to swallow this crap. They SHOULD call it out when the pollies try to divide us. But they willingly feed the beast that is threatening to destroy us. Why? Because news bureau's are no longer preserved as an important service for the people that is maintained outside of the for-profit business models of entertainment/infotainment industries. Now it is all for profit - which means intelligent considered positions that are discussed and debated from a baseline of an agreed reality with the intention of exploring ideas and the reasons behind peoples positions/opinions almost don't exist. There is no profit in it. The unwashed masses demand action! Entertainment! It has to be SEXY!!! Give us that instant thrill or we'll watch something else!!! The unwashed masses are almost just as much to blame. Stupid humans..... :wall:

The cartoonist caricatures EVERYONE. It's his JOB. If he decided to not caricature someone based on the fact they are black (or Asian, or white, or Mexican, or etc, etc, etc...), THAT is racist! He did to Williams what he does to EVERY ONE of his subjects. He showed no fear or favour with Serena being a strong, black, American woman elite athlete. He caricatures people and presents a moment/movement/event/speech/whatever for consideration.

He may now be more inclined to be racist. Maybe now when he sees something he thinks will make a good cartoon he thinks twice BECAUSE of the subjects skin colour or sex or whatever. So effing stupid.....

Liberals, conservatives, pfffft. Absolutely useless bullshit labels that none of us should be proud to wear anymore. How about just "I have mixed views on different things"????

ok, rant over.

Peace. :peace:

Spot on! 

20 hours ago, rm2551 said:

intelligent considered positions that are discussed and debated from a baseline of an agreed reality with the intention of exploring ideas and the reasons behind peoples positions/opinions almost don't exist.

WOW!

The cartoonist caricatures EVERYONE. It's his JOB. If he decided to not caricature someone based on the fact they are black (or Asian, or white, or Mexican, or etc, etc, etc...), THAT is racist!

Of course. That would be selective (if he/she did NOT based on race, or even creed (Je suis Charlie). Racist. да! I agree.

Or opposite. The cartoonist was chased off twitter, but worse. The Man received Violent Threats!

It could have the opposite effect on him. Not just him. Others in your good country or elsewhere, could become timid (tail between the legs) and be afraid to do their job due to concern over the consternation of the negative attention this has drawn. Or as you have said; it could cause backlash, racially. I hope not. Your good country is one of the best. Oz to me, personally is not like the USA. Oh, we have had a big problem with division since 2010 with race and division. It was on the mend in 2017, but the Lib media wanted to keep it going. Still does.

They are the biggest facilitators to the rubbish construct of tribal "left vs. right" political GARBAGE. Second only to the masses that seem happy to swallow this crap. They SHOULD call it out when the pollies try to divide us. But they willingly feed the beast that is threatening to destroy us.

I had no idea that you had L vs R there, too in media. Over here it's 93% L media and 7% R media. But I don't watch tv for this very reason. I don't wish to see the news. Even sports has been politicized as you saw in that video. People in football turning their back on the flag because of the 1700's and 1800's, while they make 20 million per year. :lol: What year are we living in? Forget American Football! I'll stick with tennis and hockey.

Yes, Good Sir, they SHOULD call it out. There is something going on to where division is trying to be made between peoples of lands (in the Western societies). It is the media, and it is politically induced. I believe the best question to ask one's self would be "Why"?

I had no idea that was happening there. I hope to visit your good country one day rm2551. My lady and I. It sounds like you are unaffiliated as am I. Good for you. Why place a letter on yourself as a person?

:goodpost: Best post I've seen this month. Thank you good sir!

7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Spot on! 

If you say so, I trust it. You know your good country. Hey, I hope you're having a good weekend, Jules. Breaking out of the Winter, are ya? :-)

Edited by apantherfrommd

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Love that song! For many reasons 

Edited by Walter