Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

So I was in Buffalo last month for a night.  Yesterday I went to the mail box and had a letter from the New York Port Authority.  It was an invoice for a dollar for crossing the Grand Island Bridge one time upon leaving town.  So I guess if you live there and use the bridge to commute to work, you get slammed with a monthly bill for $40 bucks or so via mail.  Man....truly the land of death & taxes !  ( I thought it might be a photo speeding ticket before I opened it...lol, that would have really sent me off)   

Edited by Bong-Man

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

So I was in Buffalo last month for a night.  Yesterday I went to the mail box and had a letter from the New York Port Authority.  It was an invoice for a dollar for crossing the Grand Island Bridge one time upon leaving town.  So I guess if you live there and use the bridge to commute to work, you get slammed with a monthly bill for $40 bucks or so via mail.  Man....truly the land of death & taxes !  ( I thought it might be a photo speeding ticket before I opened it...lol, that would have really sent me off)   

How grand. They made 50 cents off you as a letter costs 50 cents to send.

15 hours ago, redrum said:

How grand. They made 50 cents off you as a letter costs 50 cents to send.

Add in the three government employees who ID'ed the vehicle, prepared the ticket and mailed it off, and it ends up COSTING the taxpayers to get the fine!  Government efficiency at it's finest!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, kipper said:

told by whom Steve, you?  Not a week ago you made  several political responses to others in the RIP thread did you not?  So help me understand what you are saying. Its okay for you to make a political response when you want to but not for anyone else?

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/topic/19856-the-rest-in-peace-thread/?page=87

If you can't differentiate between people discussing the death of a political figure in The RIP Thread and people deliberately using this thread to once again make INFLAMMATORY, politically-motivated posts I don't think I can help you to understand.

54 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

If you can't differentiate between people discussing the death of a political figure in The RIP Thread and people deliberately using this thread to once again make INFLAMMATORY, politically-motivated posts I don't think I can help you to understand.

Steve,

I particpated in that discussion too  and I remember what you said. I dont think you get to have the rules both ways.

this is what you posted in RIP. your disclaimer aside, it is still political.

"It is what it is. A leftist stone thrower from the Washington Post forgot the way the real stone throwers do business back in the old neighborhood. Aside from that, he's not a U.S. citizen, the American press only covers this story as an excuse to glorify a fellow journalist. "

"The Left wants to have it both ways. They call me an Islamaphobe when I criticize Muslim culture but then shame me for not shedding tears after the barbarians do something barbaric. It is what it is. He had to know it was a suicide mission for him to walk into any Saudi consulate in the Middle East. Between doing that AND wanting to get married -- not too bright! By the way, in 2011 Khashoggi tweeted that he "collapsed in tears" when he heard of the death of 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden, saying bin Laden had been "brave and beautiful in Afghanistan". Now THAT's #sad!  "

"You're missing the larger point I've made here by a mile. He showed disdain for extremism EXCEPT when it was perpetrated by his pal Osama bin Laden and other anti-Saudi royal family dissidents. In other words, this guy was essentially a terrorist mouthpiece using his prominent position with The Washington Post as a bully pulpit. For that reason, he knew if he walked into a Saudi consulate the odds were 50/50 he was going to get whacked. That's why he instructed his fiance to wait outside and told her to call his Turkish media buddy if he didn't return.

There's no trolling political or otherwise occurring here. We're merely discussing the newest inductee into The RIP Thread.   "

I would like to help YOU understand something Steve. We dont disagree on many things but YOU come off looking bad when YOU complain about other people but then YOU do the same things they do over and over again. 

Kipper

Edited by kipper

2 minutes ago, kipper said:

Steve,

I particpated in that discussion too  and I remember what you said. I dont think you get to have the rules both ways.

this is what you posted in RIP. your disclaimer aside, it is still political.

"It is what it is. A leftist stone thrower from the Washington Post forgot the way the real stone throwers do business back in the old neighborhood. Aside from that, he's not a U.S. citizen, the American press only covers this story as an excuse to glorify a fellow journalist. "

"The Left wants to have it both ways. They call me an Islamaphobe when I criticize Muslim culture but then shame me for not shedding tears after the barbarians do something barbaric. It is what it is. He had to know it was a suicide mission for him to walk into any Saudi consulate in the Middle East. Between doing that AND wanting to get married -- not too bright! By the way, in 2011 Khashoggi tweeted that he "collapsed in tears" when he heard of the death of 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden, saying bin Laden had been "brave and beautiful in Afghanistan". Now THAT's #sad!  "

"You're missing the larger point I've made here by a mile. He showed disdain for extremism EXCEPT when it was perpetrated by his pal Osama bin Laden and other anti-Saudi royal family dissidents. In other words, this guy was essentially a terrorist mouthpiece using his prominent position with The Washington Post as a bully pulpit. For that reason, he knew if he walked into a Saudi consulate the odds were 50/50 he was going to get whacked. That's why he instructed his fiance to wait outside and told her to call his Turkish media buddy if he didn't return.

There's no trolling political or otherwise occurring here. We're merely discussing the newest inductee into The RIP Thread.   "

I would like to help YOU understand something Steve. We dont disagree on many things but YOU come off looking bad when YOU complain about other people but then YOU do the same things they do over and over again. 

Kipper

Do you know what context means? In this case, again, we were discussing the politically-motivated death of a political figure. Note that I wasn't the one who posted his death to the thread. Guess who was? It was the village idiot. Secondly, note that it's rather difficult to discuss the politically motivated death of a political figure without bringing up politics. Now contrast that to the same person then dive-bombing into the random thoughts thread to opine that the criminal acts of ONE PERSON accurately reflect the mentality of half the nation.  

13 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Do you know what context means? In this case, again, we were discussing the politically-motivated death of a political figure. Note that I wasn't the one who posted his death to the thread. Guess who was? It was the village idiot. Secondly, note that it's rather difficult to discuss the politically motivated death of a political figure without bringing up politics. Now contrast that to the same person then dive-bombing into the random thoughts thread to opine that the criminal acts of ONE PERSON accurately reflect the mentality of half the nation.  

I know what context means, do you know what "random" means? does random require context? And YOU chose to ADD politics to your comments Steve which is fine with me. You werent just mentioning what the man who was murdered what his politics were, you added your opinion and your spin to that as well when you brought up liberal news reporting. I dont disagree with your spin, but you are missing my point, you add your political perspective when you want to same as Walter did. I dont agree with Walter on most things, but he is entitled to his opinion is he not same as you?

29 minutes ago, kipper said:

I know what context means, do you know what "random" means? does random require context? And YOU chose to ADD politics to your comments Steve which is fine with me. You werent just mentioning what the man who was murdered what his politics were, you added your opinion and your spin to that as well when you brought up liberal news reporting. I dont disagree with your spin, but you are missing my point, you add your political perspective when you want to same as Walter did. I dont agree with Walter on most things, but he is entitled to his opinion is he not same as you?

If you rewind the tapes you'll find I provided that explanation because people wondered a) why is this death being covered so aggressively in the American media? and b) why did the Saudi's have him whacked? My post(s) weren't spin or political perspective, they were a matter-of-fact response to his death. He himself knew the odds were fifty/fifty he wasn't gonna walk out of that consulate alive, and it isn't because the guy working the marriage license desk needed a lunch break.

Government efficiency at it's finest!

No such animal.

4 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Can't we all just get along

Sad to say, but it'll never happen Rodney.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Sad to say, but it'll never happen Rodney.

No, it won't in large part because of degenerates like Rodney King. 

...you know, for the 50th Anniversary of the greatest rock and roll band EVER, you'd think this site would be hopping with exciting news.  Instead, we get crickets chirping!

5 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

...you know, for the 50th Anniversary of the greatest rock and roll band EVER, you'd think this site would be hopping with exciting news.  Instead, we get crickets chirping!

In my opinion, many fans have/had unrealistic expectations for what their 50th anniversary would generate. They are going to get remasters, photo books, blankets and t-shirts and with a little patience, some previously unreleased live Led Zeppelin to enjoy. As for this forum, there are so many specialized Led Zeppelin discussion groups on Facebook now it's sort of killed off most if not all of the online discussion forums.

...I'd gladly settle for some previously unreleased live Zep!  I certainly wasn't expecting a world wide reunion tour, but sheesh...... 

8 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...I'd gladly settle for some previously unreleased live Zep!  I certainly wasn't expecting a world wide reunion tour, but sheesh...... 

I was really disappointed in the blanket, but now I'm warming up to it (pun intended). Initially, I had thought the Swan Song logo should show Icarus falling back towards earth, not bursting through the Union Jack. I've always associated the logo with falling back to earth, given the many tragedies occurring within about five years of Led Zeppelin first using it. However, as I thought about this I came to realize it's also appropriate to highlight the ascent. 

My next snare drum. USA made Grover with 'ITAP' system. I want the natural finish maple.

8 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

People still thirsting for more live shit--didn't Jimmy Page clean out the vaults already?

😏

No, he cleaned out the studio vaults. He was very careful to always reference this when saying that is it. Always clarified with studio.

There are multi-tracks. Fuck knows why they are not already released, but you know Jimmy, he works on a different time scale than the rest of us.

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

No, he cleaned out the studio vaults. He was very careful to always reference this when saying that is it. Always clarified with studio.

There are multi-tracks. Fuck knows why they are not already released, but you know Jimmy, he works on a different time scale than the rest of us.

Like to hear a bunch of outtakes like the Dylan basement tapes.

columbia.jpg?w=980&q=75

I just realized Sam and I have the same avatar. I can switch mine if you want, Sam, to make it less confusing.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I just realized Sam and I have the same avatar. I can switch mine if you want, Sam, to make it less confusing.

Yeah I noticed when I read his post in the ‘happy’ thread.

What a relief. No more effing political ads. That was literally 3 months of torture.

5 hours ago, redrum said:

What a relief. No more effing political ads. That was literally 3 months of torture.

Agreed, but now they'll start the ads for the 2020 election!

9 hours ago, redrum said:

6 weeks of shite Christmas rubbish ads to come though. Thank fuck for record and forward on or Netflix