Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If I can get a 6th row BERLIN ticket 30 minutes prior to start at half face value, as I did, there is no such thing as a sold out Rolling Stones show anymore. This is because the tickets are grossly overpriced so the brokers and the scalpers always end up having to dump them the day of the show. Actually, I took this approach at various locations in 2014 and 2006 for The Rolling Stones and had similar success every time. I never had to pay above face value and I always got great seats.

Thanks, Steve. I'll keep that in mind. I'll also be able to tell the weather by then since it's outdoors. You never know with Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If I can get a 6th row BERLIN ticket 30 minutes prior to start at half face value, as I did, there is no such thing as a sold out Rolling Stones show anymore. This is because the tickets are grossly overpriced so the brokers and the scalpers always end up having to dump them the day of the show. Actually, I took this approach at various locations in 2014 and 2006 for The Rolling Stones and had similar success every time. I never had to pay above face value and I always got great seats.

I have been doing this for concerts for at least 30 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If I can get a 6th row BERLIN ticket 30 minutes prior to start at half face value, as I did, there is no such thing as a sold out Rolling Stones show anymore. This is because the tickets are grossly overpriced so the brokers and the scalpers always end up having to dump them the day of the show. Actually, I took this approach at various locations in 2014 and 2006 for The Rolling Stones and had similar success every time. I never had to pay above face value and I always got great seats.

To me it's way too risky to go 30 minutes prior to a concert to try to get decent tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rush maybe my favourite band of all time, but as far as favourite front men go, the legendary Freddie Mercury wins, hands down! His wit, humour, charm, stage presence and vocal abilities can never be matched, in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 3:02 AM, SteveAJones said:

If I can get a 6th row BERLIN ticket 30 minutes prior to start at half face value, as I did, there is no such thing as a sold out Rolling Stones show anymore. This is because the tickets are grossly overpriced so the brokers and the scalpers always end up having to dump them the day of the show. Actually, I took this approach at various locations in 2014 and 2006 for The Rolling Stones and had similar success every time. I never had to pay above face value and I always got great seats.

And it's been that way for years, too!   I traded a half of a pack of cigarettes for a ticket to the "Mick's Birthday" show in Oakland in '78!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, chef free said:

And it's been that way for years, too!   I traded a half of a pack of cigarettes for a ticket to the "Mick's Birthday" show in Oakland in '78!

I'll bring a full pack of Marlboro's and see what happens. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some of these bands are getting old or are old, but some of the prices I'm seeing are just way over-inflated, I forgot which band I was looking at for seat prices, but the nosebleeds were over $100 I think. Ridiculous. Then again ticket resellers seem to have more power and charge more than ever before these days. Where's the fun in that?

Edited by luvlz2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

I know some of these bands are getting old or are old, but some of the prices I'm seeing are just way over-inflated, I forgot which band I was looking at for seat prices, but the nosebleeds were over $100 I think. Ridiculous. Then again ticket resellers seem to have more power and charge more than ever before these days. Where's the fun in that?

It would be cool just to say that I finally saw them live. I did see Charlie and Mick Taylor buying records at Tower Records in San Francisco back in the late 60's. I took their pic through the window, but have since lost the photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Phoenix doesn't follow DST the sun is totally down over here by 6 pm it's crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

I know some of these bands are getting old or are old, but some of the prices I'm seeing are just way over-inflated, I forgot which band I was looking at for seat prices, but the nosebleeds were over $100 I think. Ridiculous. Then again ticket resellers seem to have more power and charge more than ever before these days. Where's the fun in that?

Could not agree more. Heart is a prime example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Could not agree more. Heart is a prime example.

In the 'old days' you could see Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac and Creedence Clearwater for $3.50, all in one night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Since Phoenix doesn't follow DST the sun is totally down over here by 6 pm it's crazy.

We follow DST and the sun is down by 4:30pm. New Jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Since Phoenix doesn't follow DST the sun is totally down over here by 6 pm it's crazy.

It's dark at 5pm here in L.A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

We follow DST and the sun is down by 4:30pm. New Jersey.

Wow I guess we have it good over here in Phoenix then. 4:30 pm? That's nuts.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

It's dark at 5pm here in L.A.

Wow that's early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Strider said:

It's dark at 5pm here in L.A.

Proves once again the Sun thinks it is entitled and is a "taker" compared to other, more hard working stars who obviously contribute far more to their respective solar systems than our lazy ass ball of hot gas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Zep bootleg folder is over 500 GB. Do they even make a flash drive big enough to back it all up onto one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

My Zep bootleg folder is over 500 GB. Do they even make a flash drive big enough to back it all up onto one?

Yes. You could get a 1 or 2 terabyte external hard drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 12:33 AM, luvlz2 said:

Wow I guess we have it good over here in Phoenix then. 4:30 pm? That's nuts.

Wow that's early.

Yeah when I lived in upstate NY it was dark at 4, shortly after coming home from school. Down here the sun sets about 6 right now. Evening traffic is tough with the sun right in your eyes at 5/5:30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×