The Easter Thread

Bong-Man

Happy Easter Everyone ! :)

Oh I know it's still a couple weeks away, but we need to make sure everyone has enough time to express any personal feelings or convictions that may relate to this Holiday. We don't want to be stuck bumping an Easter thread into June now do we ? Those among us that aren't Christian, feel free over the next couple weeks to share your family's personal stories of persecution. With 10,000 plus members, it shouldn't take long to get a good argument brewing.....chocolate offends me..... those colored eggs could feed hungry people.....burning palms contributes to global warming....Protestants to the right, Catholics to the left. Let's be careful not to leave any angle unexposed.

Oh, and don't forget your Easter Egg Cocktail

...Here's one for you people that were tortured by nightmares of large human rabbits in your youth.....

EASTER%20BUNNY%20PICTURE.jpg

Happy Easter Everyone ! :)

Oh I know it's still a couple weeks away, but we need to make sure everyone has enough time to express any personal feelings or convictions that may relate to this Holiday. We don't want to be stuck bumping an Easter thread into June now do we ? Those among us that aren't Christian, feel free over the next couple weeks to share your family's personal stories of persecution. With 10,000 plus members, it shouldn't take long to get a good argument brewing.....chocolate offends me..... those colored eggs could feed hungry people.....burning palms contributes to global warming....Protestants to the right, Catholics to the left. Let's be careful not to leave any angle unexposed.

Oh, and don't forget your Easter Egg Cocktail

...Here's one for you people that were tortured by nightmares of large human rabbits in your youth.....

EASTER%20BUNNY%20PICTURE.jpg

How's it going "Bong-Man?" Long time no hear. You should see the bong that I have. (Oops!) I LOVE BUGS BUNNY! Everytime Easter comes around the corner, I just have to watch BUGS BUNNY cartoons. ROCK ON!

I hope you aren't trying to start another fight over religion?

Of course ! It's a great way to cull the herd.

Bong-Man's bunny looks SO EVIL!! It's freaking me out a bit.

Ha ! I knew I'd find at least one.

The Hallelujah song is the ultimate jammer, especially after bongs.

Especially the Wakeman solo on "Yesssongs"

I am going to buy myself a bunch of those big chocolate bunnies and just pig out.

That's yet another manifestation of your sexual frustrations. :P

Bong-Man's bunny looks SO EVIL!! It's freaking me out a bit. Let me contribute a little sweet bunny mojo into the mix, to restore the balance:

bunny.jpg

fluffy-bunny.jpg

Those rabbits are so cute! I almost kept a little bunny that I found once but we did have anything to keep it in.

Anyway, I'm not much into the religious aspect of holidays. I'm more in for the commerical stuff. Dying eggs at Easter and such.

We Catholics know how to party. Christ is resurrected? Let's all go to church, come home ,change into clothes that make us all look like professional golfers.Then meet up at someone's house and search for boiled eggs in the yard, go inside and eat loads of chocolate until the canned ham is ready. We Rock!

Those rabbits are so cute! I almost kept a little bunny that I found once but we did have anything to keep it in.

Anyway, I'm not much into the religious aspect of holidays. I'm more in for the commerical stuff. Dying eggs at Easter and such.

How's it going "lzfan715?" Long time no hear! I hope all is well with you. I agree, those rabbits are so cute. Did you hear recently about the rabbit that snapped at a woman, attacked her dog and then attacked a pit bull? I would say that this rabbit was having a bad day and dreading Easter. What do you think? ROCK ON!

When my sons were in grade school, we were coming home from the Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday night (the night before Easter). A rabbit ran out in front of our car and we hit it. It limped off of the road and disappeared in the brush. The boys were so upset and kept saying "Dad killed the Easter Bunny". They were crying and kept saying it over and over.

The next morning when they saw thier Easter baskets, they were relieved that the Easter Bunny was only injured and still made it to our house with his goodies. :)

Thank goodness the rabbit did not die on the highway and the kids didn't have to see it laying on the road. They did see a rabbit in our yard later in the day and was sure that the Easter Bunny was doing fine.

I am shocked and appalled that we have had an Easter thread go this long without mention of the following:

peeps-798084.jpg

For shame. BTW, have you guys heard of the Easter Turducken? You take a Cadbury Creme Egg, stuff it inside of a Peep and stuff that inside of a hollow chocolate bunny. Heart attack on a plate!

Well...my personal feelings are, I think bunnies are cute. But they devour gardens, and my cat just wants to eat their brains.

Since I no longer consider myself a Christian, the only reason I will acknowledge Easter is because of my ancestors annual egg fight held in the holler in Tennessee. Held on Easter, or there abouts.

Yup, they even had their story on the AP wires one year.

heh, we always had the Hardest eggs. :slapshot:

:yes2:

Of course ! It's a great way to cull the herd.

Ha ! I knew I'd find at least one.

Especially the Wakeman solo on "Yesssongs"

That's yet another manifestation of your sexual frustrations. :P

Yeah you are probably right. :lol: But on the postive side of it, the chocolate bunnies taste better. :lol:

How's it going "lzfan715?" Long time no hear! I hope all is well with you. I agree, those rabbits are so cute. Did you hear recently about the rabbit that snapped at a woman, attacked her dog and then attacked a pit bull? I would say that this rabbit was having a bad day and dreading Easter. What do you think? ROCK ON!

Why did I suddenly think of Monty Python??? :D:blink:

monty.python.holy.grail.bunny.rabbit.jpg

No, I love Easter...I'm still young enough to like searching for chocolade eggs and stuff. Plus it is the sign that spring is here finally! This day has been a springfest for me as long as I remember! :D