Led Zep oct 69 on french radio

Durtal

On Europe 2, french radio, December 10 at 22h30 : an exclusiv Led Zep concert from october 1969

( Musicorama Europe 1 )

http://www.europe2.fr/radio/

http://www.edubourse.com/finance/actualites.php?actu=34055

On French radio !

Friday night at 10:30 PM (french hour), french radio Europe2 will broadcast the recording of the concert that took place at the Olympia, Paris, on the 10 october 1969, the first real Zep concert in France. The concert has not been broadcast since it first aired November 2nd 1969 on Europe 1, for the program Musicorama.

The radio can be listened to via streaming:

http://www.europe2.fr/

Uncirculated and pro FM radio quality !

They've already announced a cut in Moby Dick (15 minutes it seems) but the rest of the show should be complete, with the first known versions of a few tunes.

--------------------------

From the Concert File the setlist includes:

Good Times Bad Times-Communication Breakdown, I Can't Quit You Babe, Heartbreaker, You Shook Me, White Summer, Dazed, Moby Dick, How Many More Times

That are good news, thanks.

But I have problems. I hope, my english is good enough...

- On this site: http://www.europe2.fr/ I dont see anything written about this concert. I have searched, but found nothing. I dont speak french. Have anybody the direct link, where is the announcement fot this program?

- I dont know, which radio-station it is!? They have many "stations" on this site. There are:

EUROPE 2 NOUVELLE SCENE j'écoute maintenant

Bénabar, Olivia Ruiz, Katerine, Kaolin... La nouvelle scène francophone, c'est plus que de la musique : c'est une famille. Ils se réunissent rien que pour toi, tous les dimanches de 16H à 17H sur Europe 2 dans l'émission Nouvelle Scène. Et si tu es plutôt du matin, ils prennent le p'tit déj ensemble au même endroit le samedi à partir de 7H. Tu n’as plus d’excuse pour les louper !

................................................................................

EUROPE 2 ROCK ALTERNATIVE j'écoute maintenant

Tu aimes le rock indé, les riffs de guitare acérés et les textes revendicatifs ?

Europe 2 Rock Alternative est faite pour toi ! De Franz Ferdinand à Nine Inch Nails en passant par The Strokes, Enhancer, Bloc Party, The Subways, Watcha ou encore System of a Down, retrouve les dernières tueries de la planète rock, tous styles confondus !

................................................................................

EUROPE 2 ROCK CLASSICS 70 j'écoute maintenant

Envie de réviser tes classiques ? Branche-toi sur Europe 2 Rock Classics 70 !

Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Led Zepellin, David Bowie : des légendes du rock des années 70, qui ont influencé les artistes d’aujourd’hui.

EUROPE 2 ROCK UK 80 j'écoute maintenant

Le punk, le glam, la new wave… C’est sur les rives de la Tamise que tout a commencé !

The Clash, Sex Pistols, Queen, U2, Joy Division, Eurythmics, David Bowie, The Cure… Retrouve les meilleurs groupes anglais des années 80 sur Europe 2 Rock UK 80 !

EUROPE 2 ROCK US 80 j'écoute maintenant

AC-DC, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, ZZ Top, Metallica, Van Halen, Chris Rea, Toto, Bruce Springsteen, Marillion, Straycats, B 52’s…

Les années 80 ont vu défiler un grand nombre de groupes américains aux riffs ravageurs et aux mélodies entêtantes.

Retrouve les tous sur Europe 2 Rock US 80 !

EUROPE 2 NEW WAVE 80 j'écoute maintenant

La New Wave, littéralement "Nouvelle Vague" ça te dit quelquechose ?

Ce son punk rock agrémenté de synthés, accouché fin 70’s par des monstres tels que Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, New Order ou encore Human League qui fit exploser les ventes de synthés de par le monde tu t’en souviens ?

Retrouve tous les titres phares comme les plus undergrounds sur Europe 2 New Wave 80 ! !

J'écoute Europe 2 en bas débit

J'écoute Europe 2 en haut débit

What is the right station?

- On this site, in the right corner on top, they have a button:' En Live-Ecoute Europe 2'. I have clicked. Then a little window opens, with 4 new buttons. What is the right button?

- Then I have clicked the first...a player comes. It says: Connexion. Then it says: Open. But I hear nothing. No sound :-( What is it?

This is very difficult for me. Can anybody help?

- On this site: http://www.europe2.fr/ I dont see anything written about this concert. I have searched, but found nothing. I dont speak french. Have anybody the direct link, where is the announcement fot this program?

- I dont know, which radio-station it is!? They have many "stations" on this site. There are:

- On this site, in the right corner on top, they have a button:' En Live-Ecoute Europe 2'. I have clicked. Then a little window opens, with 4 new buttons. What is the right button?

- Then I have clicked the first...a player comes. It says: Connexion. Then it says: Open. But I hear nothing. No sound :-( What is it?

Sorry, My German is not so good anymore either. :P

Es kann sein, das weil es nur einen eimaliges program ist, die direct link fur das Led Zeppelin program kommt erst am Freitag. Ich weiss auch nicht? Ich werde mich an Freitag darran kummern.

Either way, I would'nt lose too much sleep if you don't get to hear the rebroadcast on Fri. I know some people who are experts at capturing streaming/live internet events and this is one thing they are VERY keen on getting. It WILL be on cdr's in collector's collections by the end of the weekend. You can bet on that! ;)

If you have a problem hearing it on the net radio, I'll make sure and get you a copy.

By the way LedWolf, where in Germany are you?? (All my relatives are there...I was born in Heidelberg)

Thank you so much, Honeydripper :-)))

That is really cool and nice from you!

That was my hope ;-)

I live in 'Teutoburger Wald', Bielefeld. Is is "near" Hannover. Maybe you know it...

I know Bielefeld. My cousin lived there for several years before his job moved him to Frankfurt. One of my Aunts still lives in Hannover. In 1987 I stayed with her while working at Polydor/Polygram in the recording dept in Langenhagen. Most of my relatives are in Hessen though. Bad Hersfeld, Bad Wildungen, Kassel, Heppenheim,etc..

I know Bielefeld. My cousin lived there for several years before his job moved him to Frankfurt. One of my Aunts still lives in Hannover. In 1987 I stayed with her while working at Polydor/Polygram in the recording dept in Langenhagen. Most of my relatives are in Hessen though. Bad Hersfeld, Bad Wildungen, Kassel, Heppenheim,etc..

Wow...you are almost german ;)

Now, this french station works for me :) I have made an update for my Windows Media Player...and it helped :)

Go to http://www.happyrockhours.com/#

You will find a short description (in french) of the concert broadcasted tonight (10:30 PM, Paris Time)

And a button on the right side of this page called: "ECOUTE EUROPE 2"

Clicking on this button open a new window where you choose "J'ECOUTE EUROPE 2 EN LIVE"

This is the free streaming live broadcast link.

That's It!

Good luck

Go to http://www.happyrockhours.com/#

You will find a short description (in french) of the concert broadcasted tonight (10:30 PM, Paris Time)

And a button on the right side of this page called: "ECOUTE EUROPE 2"

Clicking on this button open a new window where you choose "J'ECOUTE EUROPE 2 EN LIVE"

This is the free streaming live broadcast link.

That's It!

Good luck

Ok...so I just did this now....got a popup saying I needed to download a 'media player extension'....clicked that...got a window for running ActiveX....I clicked OK...then my firewall blocked it and asked if I wanted to unblock.

A friend already said it would be safe to do so. I'm reluctant....what do you think ?

I don't know why I've been having so much difficulty with links...blocks..uncertainty....

dang...

So are we positive someone in France is going to record this properly right off the radio and share? Only recording this streaming off the internet would be silly...it only goes up to 10,000Hz, while even a 128kb mp3 can do up to 16,000Hz. Plus internet skips can happen. It's less than an hour away.

I just checked it...and the above links do indeed work. Now I just hope they don't pull a fast one in 20 minutes and have a window pop open and say....

Sucker !!! or have you pay !! :(

Sounds good too....what kind of compression, who knows....but over the computer speakers the stream is good.....)

I just checked it...and the above links do indeed work. Now I just hope they don't pull a fast one in 20 minutes and have a window pop open and say....

Sucker !!! or have you pay !! :(

Sounds good too....what kind of compression, who knows....but over the computer speakers the stream is good.....)

Yeah, really!!! 15 minutes out or so,and it's sounding nice and clear

Archived