what zep songs can you play on guitar

Kashmir96

On Guitar

The Rain Song (full)

Bring It On Home (full)

Black Dog (full)

first half of SIBLY

Stairway To Heaven (full)

WIAWSNB (i love the slide usage in this song)

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (full)

Good Times Bad Times (full)

On Bass

Livin' Lovin' Maid (She Just A Women) (full)

WIAWSNB (full)

Ramble On (full)

Tangerine (full)

The Lemon Song (just about to complete it)

Hi Zoso94T! :wave: and welcome! :) Wow your repertoire sounds excellent!! Again, welcome!

Hi Fan S,thank you very much,i like feeling welcome :D If you like my repertoire,well i must let you know that i have a kind of obsession with zeppelin,that's why i tried to learn many songs!!!I actually think of their songs every day!!! :D ( that's probably the hero worship era of teenage lol) :)

Hi Fan S,thank you very much,i like feeling welcome :D If you like my repertoire,well i must let you know that i have a kind of obsession with zeppelin,that's why i tried to learn many songs!!!I actually think of their songs every day!!! :D ( that's probably the hero worship era of teenage lol) :)

Hi Zoso94T! yw! (text lingo for "you're welcome" LOL! Bet you knew that. lol) Well, you picked some great musicians to admire. I bet this admiration will last a lifetime! Nice to hear from ya, kindred spirit! :D Happy playin'! :wave: (edited to delete the "beer" emoticon, because you're just a teen. sorry. so just a wave will do ;) )

Well, my list isn't as large as yours! I play the following songs, in my own way [my own interpretation on my acoustic (classical & the steel string one) guitars]:

• Going to California
  • Down By The Seaside
  • Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (just fingerpicking the main progression, not the solos)
  • Ten Years Gone (ditto)
  • The Wanton Song (ditto) (nice jazz chords, there)
  • Achilles Last Stand (intro and some sequential chords)
  • Poor Tom
  • The Battle of Evermore
  • Four Sticks
  • In The Light

Edited to add: "In The Light" :D

Hi Zoso94T! yw! (text lingo for "you're welcome" LOL! Bet you knew that. lol) Well, you picked some great musicians to admire. I bet this admiration will last a lifetime! Nice to hear from ya, kindred spirit! :D Happy playin'! :wave: (edited to delete the "beer" emoticon, because you're just a teen. sorry. so just a wave will do ;) )

Well, my list isn't as large as yours! I play the following songs, in my own way [my own interpretation on my acoustic (classical & the steel string one) guitars]:

• Going to California
  • Down By The Seaside
  • Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (just fingerpicking the main progression, not the solos)
  • Ten Years Gone (ditto)
  • Poor Tom
  • The Battle of Evermore
  • Four Sticks

Hey, you forgot "In The Light" didn't you Fan_S? I finished figuring out a a good work up for it but have not made a recording yet as I have a gig on Friday this week to prepare for.

Hey, you forgot "In The Light" didn't you Fan_S? I finished figuring out a a good work up for it but have not made a recording yet as I have a gig on Friday this week to prepare for.

Oops! Right you are, BonzoLikeDrumer! I will rectify that situation asap. Thanks to you, I got into that song recently. Wish i knew the whole thing. Hey and "break a leg" at your Friday gig! Looking forward to your next recording of "Light"! :beer:

:D

• Going to California
  • Down By The Seaside
  • Ten Years Gone (ditto)
  • Poor Tom
  • The Battle of Evermore
  • Four Sticks
  • In The Light

Edited to add: "In The Light" :D

Hi Fan S,you're absolutely right,my admiration for zep will last for a lifetime for sure!! :D Your playlist is very interesting too!!I'm just mad about Achilles last stand and TYG!!!I also like very very much Babe i'm gonna leave you,Poor tom(shame that Coda is so underated :( ),and The batlle of evermore.A few days ago i started learning ''Babe",but it seems like i have some trouble..I'll try a bit better,cause i didn't try that much!:slapface:Hey,since you can play Babe i'm gonna leave you,i would suggest you to try learning ''Stairway'' ,i think that it wouldn't be a problem learning it ;)

Hi Zoso94T! :) Always nice to hear from ya! Yeah, I do the woodwind part to the intro of Stairway. If I can find another guitarist who would play the intro chords that'd be great! I had a pal, a co-worker who did play it but he left for another job. And yeah, Babe is really, really nice! It's starts with an A minor chord (nice fingerpickin'). I do it, keepin my right hand fingers "glued" to the correct strings. In other words, I:

• keep my index finger on G string, middle on B, and the ring on (treble) E
  • OR, I shift these three fingers up a string (Don't kill me). In other words, I put index on D, middle on G and ring on B
  • While the thumb (red numbers) plucks the basses, either E, A or D (depending on the chord you're playin)
  • For Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, (first chord, Am,) I do: thumb, thumb, index, ring, index, middle, ring plucking order.
  • Do the same for C/G,
  • Do a short version of this plucking order (see below ) for D/F ♯, D7/F ♯, F and E7
  • So I go from Am, C/G, D/F♯, D7/F♯, F, E7.

Happy playing, Zoso94T! :wave:

short version plucking order for D/F♯, D7/F♯, F and E7: thumb, index, middle ring.

CHORD FRAMES

Am Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__*__|index

|__|__*__*__|__|middle, ring

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

C/with a G bass Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__*__|index

|__|__*__|__|__|middle

*__|__|__|__|__|ring

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

D/F♯ Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__|__|

*__|__|__*__|__*index, middle

|__|__|__|__*__|ring

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

D7/F♯ Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__*__|index

*__|__|__*__|__*thumb, middle, ring

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

F barre Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

*__|__|__|__*__*index

|__|__|__*__|__|middle

|__*__*__|__|__|ring, pinky

|__|__|__|__|___|

|__|__|__|__|___|

E7 Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__*__|__|index

|__*__|__|__|__|middle, ring

|__|__|__|__|___|

|__|__|__|__|___|

|__|__|__|__|___|

PLUCKING TABS (Am) (& C/G with diff. fret numbers)

E|--------------------------o-------------------o----------|ring

B|------------------------------------1--------------------|middle

G|---------------------3---------3------------------------|index

D|------------2--------------------------------------------|thumb

A|-------o-------------------------------------------------|thumb

E|----x----------------------------------------------------|

(SHORT) PLUCKING TABS (D/F♯, D7/F♯, F and E7) (no fret numbers, here, sorry)

E|-----------------------------p---------------------------|ring

B|----------------------p----------------------------------|middle

G|----------------p----------------------------------------|index

D|----------------------------------------------------------|

A|----------------------------------------------------------|

E|------p--------------------------------------------------|thumb

After that dramatic strummin part Page does, ya know, the Am, D-MINOR, there's a fancy schmancy acoustic solo he does, I dunno how to do it. Gotta listen and practice that, I do. Much later for that! :D

⬆ Oops, sorry I gave wrong plucking tabs for Am. <ahttp://forums.ledzeppelin.com/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png' alt=':o'> Here's the right tab chart (the changes are in green & purple boldfaced):

E|--------------------------o-------------------------------|ring

B|---------------------------------------------------1------|middle

G|---------------------2-------------------2---------------|index

D|------------2------------------2-------------------------|thumb

A|-------o---------------------------------------------------|thumb

E|----x------------------------------------------------------|

So the 4th bullet should've read:

• For Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, (first chord, Am,) I do:
  • thumb, thumb
  • index, ring,
  • thumb, index, middle, plucking order.

After that dramatic strummin part Page does, ya know, the Am, D-MINOR, there's a fancy schmancy acoustic solo he does, I dunno how to do it. Gotta listen and practice that, I do. Much later for that! :D

If you don't know this part here we go otherwise it might help someone else.

This is how I play the "spanish bit":

Am first fret position add the 7th (G on high E string).

Then Dm add open E in the sixth fret position.

Am Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__*__|

|__|__*__*__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

Am7 Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__*__|

|__|__*__*__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__*

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

Dm (add E) Chord 6th Fret

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__*__|

|__|__*__*__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

E|-----0----0----0----0----3----0----------------|

B|-----1----1----1----1----1----6----------------|

G|-----2----2----2----2----2----7----------------| Strum with Fingers or Plectrum

D|-----2----2----2----2----2----7----------------| Down Up Down Up Down Down

A|-----0----0----0----0----0----0----------------| Play this Twice

E|--------------------------------------------------|

⬆ Oops, sorry I gave wrong plucking tabs for Am. :o Here's the right tab chart (the changes are in green & purple boldfaced):

E|--------------------------o-------------------------------|ring

B|---------------------------------------------------1------|middle

G|---------------------2-------------------2---------------|index

D|------------2----------------2---------------------------|thumb

A|-------o---------------------------------------------------|thumb

E|----x------------------------------------------------------|

So the 4th bullet should've read:

• For Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, (first chord, Am,) I do:
  • thumb, thumb
  • index, ring,
  • thumb, index, middle, plucking order.

Hi Fan S,thank you very very much for the tabs,i'll try put them in good use!! :D

Oops! Right you are, BonzoLikeDrumer! I will rectify that situation asap. Thanks to you, I got into that song recently. Wish i knew the whole thing. Hey and "break a leg" at your Friday gig! Looking forward to your next recording of "Light"! :beer:

Good job buddy!!! Yeah, I've got 5 hour's before the show, still get a bit of the butterfly's, but it'll be cool once I get started. I started some shooting this morning (8:30) for a few song's I'm going to put to video, after a long night working on IMovie, I didn't get much sleep so I'm going to take a quick nap before I start getting ready to go.

Thank's, I'll let you know how it turn's out.

Good job buddy!!! Yeah, I've got 5 hour's before the show, still get a bit of the butterfly's, but it'll be cool once I get started. I started some shooting this morning (8:30) for a few song's I'm going to put to video, after a long night working on IMovie, I didn't get much sleep so I'm going to take a quick nap before I start getting ready to go.

Thank's, I'll let you know how it turn's out.

K, looking forward to it, my friend! :D BTW: I'm sure you'll do a great job! :beer:

If you don't know this part here we go otherwise it might help someone else.

This is how I play the "spanish bit":

Am first fret position add the 7th (G on high E string).

Then Dm add open E in the sixth fret position.

⬆ Nice! Thank you! :yesnod: I also do that part with the regular Dm chord:

& sometimes I'd open the treble E string to get the same effect you do with the open E string. Yet, I do like your way too, 'cuz it slides! :)

Dm Chord

E-_A-_D-_G-_B-_E

|__|__|__|__|__*

|__|__|__*__|__|

|__|__|__|__*__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|__|

Again, thanks :D:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

and can i just ask has anyone else been kicked out of a guitar shop for playin stairway?

No one that can actually play it properly! :lol:

Most of the employees at a Guitar Center are musicians themselves. Can you imagine a constant presence of novice guitarists cranking up your $1600 Marshalls and banging your Les Pauls and Jacksons with a bunch of friends standing around while you're trying to properly fret an a-chord on an out of tune guitar? Knowing all the time none of their parents are gonna use their college money to buy any of these items. That's why I've never taken that kind of job. I'd be giving free lessons to enthusiastic kids hanging out on the showroom floor, and selling nothing "Here let me tune this for you. Enter Sandman goes like this" Then I would be getting a paycheck with no commission because I didn't sell anything.

No one that can actually play it properly! :lol:

Most of the employees at a Guitar Center are musicians themselves. Can you imagine a constant presence of novice guitarists cranking up your $1600 Marshalls and banging your Les Pauls and Jacksons with a bunch of friends standing around while you're trying to properly fret an a-chord on an out of tune guitar? Knowing all the time none of their parents are gonna use their college money to buy any of these items. That's why I've never taken that kind of job. I'd be giving free lessons to enthusiastic kids hanging out on the showroom floor, and selling nothing "Here let me tune this for you. Enter Sandman goes like this" Then I would be getting a paycheck with no commission because I didn't sell anything.

There's really not much in the way of music shops here. There's one on Haywood and that's all I know of. They watch people like a hawk and I kinda wonder "why bother."

Lean On Me is easy to play on a piano....

We used to have this guy come over to my cousins house with the piano. This dude was super good doing the boogie woogie.

Wonder whatever happened to him.

• 3 weeks later...

The Rain Song ( played it for my GCSE performance piece ) , Over The Hills And Far Away, No Quarter, Immigrant Song, Heartbreaker, Black Dog, Since I've Been Loving You, Stairway To Heaven, Going To California, That's The Way, Bron-Yr-Aur-Stomp, Dazed And Confuzed, Moby Dick, Whole Lotta Love, Bring It On Home, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times, The Lemon Song, Thank You, Ramble On, Tangerine, Kashmir, In My Time Of Dying && Most of Achilles Last Stand .

LOVE Playing Zep on guitar. Hopefully I'll learn more soon !!

• 1 year later...

first i must say that i learn led zeppelin riffs on guitar since 15 or more years , and i `ve heard every record a thousand times , because there is NO guitar sound that thrills me more than Pagey `s<_<

i play rock n roll very well , stairway , heartbreaker (the solo just 50 % and i fill the rest with my own interpretation) , train kept a rollin , Kashmir , dazed and confused (solo only 50 %) , and many others , but now i must say that i Pre ordered the new marshallAFD (appetite for destruction) 100 watt head , because i also like the lead sound on "appetite for destruction" (GnR) very , this sound combinied with led zep riffs should be KILLER SOUND , because this amp have a sweet singing and overdriven tone , i will make vids of zeppelin covers with this setup , but i think it comes next year ...

• 5 weeks later...

good times bad times

Bigly

black mountainside

communication breakdown

ICQYB

HMMT

WLL

WIAWSNB

lemon song

livin loving maid

moby dick

bring it on home

immigrant song

friends

tangerine

thats the way

bron y aur stomp

black dog

rock n roll

stairway

four sticks

going to california

the rain song

dancing days

no quarter

the ocean

custard pie

houses of the holy

the girl i love she got long black wavy hair

Those are the songs I know all the rhythm guitar parts for (not necessarily all the solos). I know large pieces of a lot of other zep songs too - for example 'heartbreaker' and 'Ramble on' I know virtually all of the parts, but there are some missing parts, and sections Im not sure if Im playing correctly.

Led Zeppelin : Dazed and Confused, Communication Breakdown, How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II: Whole Lotta Love, Moby Dick, Heartbreaker

Led Zeppelin III: Immigrant Song, Celebration Day, Gallows Pole, Out On the Tiles, That's the Way

ZoSo: Black Dog, Rock and Roll, (parts of) Battle of Evermore, Stairway to Heaven, Misty Mountain Hop, Going to California, When the Levee Breaks

Houses of the Holy: The Rain Song, Over the Hills and Far Away, The Ocean, The Crunge, No Quarter

Physical Graffiti: Trampled Under foot, Kashmir, The Wanton Song, In My Time of Dying, Ten Years Gone

Archived