What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My German Shepherd has a kidney infection. I know that is trivial compared to human sickness, but I hate seeing her in pain. Weekend has turned into a bummer.

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if our pets sense what we go through when we know they're suffering. Whether they sense our distress and concern. I know when I've been ill or upset, dogs I've had have behaved differently during those times. I wonder if they know it goes both ways.

My German Shepherd has a kidney infection. I know that is trivial compared to human sickness, but I hate seeing her in pain. Weekend has turned into a bummer.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( It is very difficult to see our pets in pain. Thinking good thoughts she feels better soon :console:

Dear Kentucky girl I'm sorry to hear this. :( I hope your shepherd feels better real soon. You were good to take him to the vet. I bet the antibiotics help a lot. :)

Dear Hotplant. Hope your son feels better by the end of Father's Day. His first one! :)

Dear JAL Take heart! :) It's annoying to have to be immunized. I know lol. Just think of the needle as a little pinch by a teasing friend.

(Hope I didn't forget anybody. Hope everyone's well!) ;)

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if our pets sense what we go through when we know they're suffering. Whether they sense our distress and concern. I know when I've been ill or upset, dogs I've had have behaved differently during those times. I wonder if they know it goes both ways.

I think she knows I am worried about her. I have done nothing but stay in and give her 100% of my attention. My usual weekend routine is quite hectic. We have both been lying around watching tv and resting. I am doing everything I can think of to spoil her. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. If not, she will need to be x-rayed for kidney stones. The vet tells me she will not like the diet she will go on if she has kidney stones.

Spoiling is good! ;)

I've never passed a stone, and god willing I never will. I certainly hope your beloved doesn't have to either.

Y'know, I've heard that beer prevents stones. Maybe a bowl of Budweiser is in order! :lol:

Haha! Love the one you're with! ;):beer:

Spoiling is good! ;)

I've never passed a stone, and god willing I never will. I certainly hope your beloved doesn't have to either.

Y'know, I've heard that beer prevents stones. Maybe a bowl of Budweiser is in order! :lol:

Haha! Love the one you're with! ;):beer:

Actually I named her Stella after my favorite beer, so a bowlful of Stella Artois would be in order! Haha

One of my friends gave her a sip of beer once (when I was distracted grilling burgers) and she hated it.

I really hope she turns around in the next couple of days.

Actually I named her Stella after my favorite beer, so a bowlful of Stella Artois would be in order! Haha

One of my friends gave her a sip of beer once (when I was distracted grilling burgers) and she hated it.

Me and my best friend had a dog when we were teenagers. He'd drink beer, tequila...out of his bowl. When we passed the doobie around, he'd follow it and eat the roach! :lol:

His name was Bonzo! :D

Great dog. :beer:

Sincerely though, I do hope Stella turns around and feels better. :console:

I hope so too. My dog loves beer. Well anything that's not nailed down pretty much she'll consume!

I hope so too. My dog loves beer. Well anything that's not nailed down pretty much she'll consume!

I find the whole idea of giving a dog beer so hilarious! I wonder if my dog will like it, ha ha.

BTW, what is up with the post above me? I've seen that posted several times already. :huh:

Edited by Zepulon

I find the whole idea of giving a dog beer so hilarious! I wonder if my dog will like it, ha ha.

BTW, what is up with the post above me? I've seen that posted several times already. :huh:

He/she thinks it's funny to post small things several times a day with no explanation, despite being asked to stop :rolleyes:

I wouldn't give my dog a lot of beer but a little sip here and there she's had. It's pretty funny though I'm not sure how good it is for them! I bet your dog will like it. Seems a lot of dogs do :)

I got a letter from the NHS to remind me that I have to have another MMR vaccine, thing is I'm unhappy becuase I have a phobia of saringes, so...not looking forward to it...to say the least...

Good luck, Lucia! :)

My store manager picked someone to be our department manager, who knows nothing, looking over my friend who really could have done it, but was looked over. After a week the woman hasn't gotten off to a terribly great start, which concerns me a little, though she will only be part time in the department. I hope she gets better.

Edited by aen27

I'm really sorry; I hope she will feel better soon :(

Well, if you look on the main forum index, the subtitle of the What Made You Happy Today thread is Big Things or Small Things. It would appear that's where it started. As to motive, feel free to draw your own conclusions. Though it's pretty clear that this person has no "big things" in their life. :beer:

There is nothing trivial about sick pets. Our beloved pets are family (for most of us anyway). I hope your German Shepherd is well soon!

My LZ III album started skipping on Immigrant song.

Try to put more weight on the arm with the needle (most pickups can adjust weight)

Cook some water and let it cool down to room temperature, take some soft toilet paper. Gently rub the record clockwise with moistened paper and let it dry a minute....then clean the record clockwise with a dry toilet paper.

(works most of the time, but try option 1 first.

Try to put more weight on the arm with the needle (most pickups can adjust weight)

Cook some water and let it cool down to room temperature, take some soft toilet paper. Gently rub the record clockwise with moistened paper and let it dry a minute....then clean the record clockwise with a dry toilet paper.

(works most of the time, but try option 1 first.

I Love that some of us still play ALBUMS!!! Thanks for the tips on the vinyls.