Quotes

albionremain

I'm going to guess Robert Plant in 1973. By the way, where is the quote from? Have not

seen this one before.

...Steve, I just posted the answer...I hope it was appropriate in terms of rules.... :D

sorry, it is from Danny Goldberg's new book Bumping into Geniuses.. My life in the Rock and Roll Business...

Who said "No, leave it on" to the comment "I am trying to get this airplane off"?

And for bonus points, who made the airplane comment, and what song and album was it on?

Edited to say:

This should be an easy one.

I am signing off for tonight and will post the answer in a day or so.

But I don't think that any of you Led Zeppelin experts will have any problems at all with the answer so I don't feel bad about leaving you in the lurch for a day, lol.

Who said "No, leave it on" to the comment "I am trying to get this airplane off"?

And for bonus points, who made the airplane comment, and what song and album was it on?

Edited to say:

This should be an easy one.

I am signing off for tonight and will post the answer in a day or so.

But I don't think that any of you Led Zeppelin experts will have any problems at all with the answer so I don't feel bad about leaving you in the lurch for a day, lol.

Robert responded "No leave it, yeah" to engineer Eddie Kramer whom said "Gotta get this airplane off" whilst recording 'Black Country Woman'. This was later released as the fourteenth track on 'Physical Graffiti'.

Robert responded "No leave it, yeah" to engineer Eddie Kramer whom said "Gotta get this airplane off" whilst recording 'Black Country Woman'. This was later released as the fourteenth track on 'Physical Graffiti'.

Steve, you have to be THE smartest person I have ever had the privilage talking to! Wow, just wow.

That's good you're humble, Steve, because I finally can't restrain myself from pointing out that when you said "whom said" in the following post

it should have been "WHO said". You must have a grammar book in the archive somewhere! :D

Yes I'm jealous because you posted the answer before me. ;)

"Well, I have a nickname for him: Cameron Crowbar."

who could be...?

...This was bit difficult...

so here is the answer:

Quote is from Jimmy Page, Danny Goldberg is reporting it....Jimmy was quoted as above, after the L.A. Times favorable review came out for the 1973 Led Zep. Tour....(rare favorable review for Zep). The L.A. Times Editor Hillburn assigned 15 year old Orange County High School Student Cameron Crowe - as the Editor thought that "Cameron could explain it to our readers a lo better than I could." recalled Hillburn.

Cameron's youthful enthusiasm relaxed the band into giving him better quotes than they did to older, more cynical reporters...After the story came out, Jimmy admiringly said to me, .......

"Well, I have a nickname for him: Cameron Crowbar."

;)

...not edited for typos.... :D :D

Hadn't heard that quote--good pun on Jimmy's part. :lol:

.....Mine are little tough...but soon I think/hope they will have life on their own... ;)

Judging from the fans here, there is never shortage for Zep Quest... :)

And here they are recording it!

1972-05_RecordingStargrove.jpg

Well, that session, anyway.

Great photo, Aqua.

Thanks for posting it.

And of course, Steve is correct in his answer to my question.

And such a quick reply. I knew it would be an easy one for all you Zepp experts. :)

....... Karen Carpenter connection reported from Hammer of Gods...Zep Tour 1975...

Bonzo had been furious when he arrived in Chicago to learn that he had placed below Karen Carpenter in the drummer's category of the Playboy music poll....

I'll guess Bonzo or Richard Cole...?

Archived