The Firm Thread

On 7/11/2020 at 3:59 AM, St. Tom's Sword said:

From what I remember when I saw The Firm in LA was that he only used the #1 LP for the bow solo. I definitely remember him playing the Puple #3 Les Paul at the end of the 1985 Forum show. 

Yes, on Boogie Mama and Everybody Needs Somebody to Love.

21 hours ago, And You Know How It Is? said:

Okay, let me preface by saying:

1. You must have "Bootleg eyes" 😆
  2. I was a 19 year old sophomore at ASU with a crap camera
  3. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I was to see James Patrick Page live for the first time! We had a blast in the upper deck at the Tempe Activities Center this March night back in  1985. Thoroughly enjoyed this concert.

This picture is definitely during WS/BMS. I'll post the second picture shortly.

Very difficult photos to work with so this is probably the best that can be done with them.

Phoenix 1985 001.jpg

Phoenix 1985 002.jpg

This 2-CD just turned up on the "grey market" via amazon:

SUPERB 1985 BROADCAST RECORDING FROM THE FIRM With Jimmy Page and Paul Rodgers Formed in 1984 by singer Paul Rodgers, guitarist Jimmy Page, drummer Chris Slade and bass player Tony Franklin, The Firm were among the most successful and popular rock supergroups of all time. As Paul Rodgers remembers; "Jimmy was at a bit of a loose end. He'd come round and check out my home studio and we ended up writing songs, but without any definite plans. Jimmy was very keen to get back on the road, so we put a band together The first thing I knew was that he had to be writing songs again. I'd already seen one of my friends going down that road in Koss, and it wasn't going to happen again." During their tenure, The Firm released two studio albums; their eponymous debut in 1985, and Mean Business in 86. The band played a few dates in the UK at the end of 1984, and toured the US in both 1985 and 1986. One of the finest gigs the Firm performed however was at London s Wembley Arena on 22nd May 1985, when they played a quite astonishing set which was recorded for live FM Radio Broadcast across the UK and the US, and which remains a formidable example of mid-1980s British rock music at its very best. Previously unreleased, this entire recording is now available for the first time on this new 2 CD Set. DISC 1 1. Closer 4:00 2. City Sirens 4:43 3. Make Or Break 5:16 4. The Morning After 5:10 5. Together 4:26 6. Cadillac 5:49 7. Prelude 2:44 8. Money Can't Buy 4:53 9. Satisfaction Guaranteed 4:26 10. Radioactive 4:25 11. Live In Peace 6:18 12. Midnight Moonlight 12:07 DISC 2 1. You've Lost That Loving Feeling 5:05 2. Bass Solo 5:05 3. The Chase 4:28 4. Guitar Solo 9:37 5. Drum Solo 6:18 6. I Just Wanna Make Love To You 9:41 7. Someone to Love 7:13 8. Boogie Mama 7:39 9. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love 7:35

81Hn3GW%2BBxL._SL1500_.jpg

4 hours ago, zeppcollect said:

This 2-CD just turned up on the "grey market" via amazon:

..."Previously unreleased, this entire recording is now available for the first time on this new 2 CD Set."

81Hn3GW%2BBxL._SL1500_.jpg

The Japanese bootleg label Wardour released this recording in 2018.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Firm-Wembley-Arena-1985-Complete-Multitrack-Master/release/12035143#:~:text=Tracklist 1-1 Jupiter Intro,The Morning After 22 more rows

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:21 PM, SteveAJones said:

As I mentioned before, Paul had a Japanese wife at the time. Also, the young actress is Alice Gee, who coincidentally appears in Robert Plant's 'Heaven Knows' promo video released a couple of years later.

:thumbsup: Interesting information, thanks Steve!

Edited by luvlz2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...