Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Hey man. Sorry for the double post but, a wicked thought just struck me. These kids should be made to react to legends such as Charley Patton, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie Johnson and Son House! B) Gosh! They'll be so confused and they'll be horrified to know that these were musicians from the 1920's, 1930's and 1940's! :hysterical: 

Let's just be happy they finally did Zep! ;)

And don't worry about the double post. I just realized my own faux pas, I didn't realize the 'What's Your Latest Purchase' thread pertained only to music, lol. :blush::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blindwillie127 said:

Interesting bit on bootlegging in the U.K. from 1971

Very cool little find. I never heard Blueberry Hill was recording by radio transmission?? I always assumed the old LP sources, TMQ and Rubber Dubber both came from tapes. Anybody know about Grant's claim here? 

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, porgie66 said:

Very cool little find. I never heard Blueberry Hill was recording by radio transmission?? I always assumed the old LP sources, TMQ and Rubber Dubber both came from tapes. Anybody know about Grant's claim here? 

That is fascinating!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Here's Sick Again from Seattle '77. The video is from the Empress Valley Definitive Edition DVD and I remastered the audio. This is still a work in progress, but it's pretty close to what the final version will sound like.

It's freakin awesome bruh...

On 1/17/2018 at 6:43 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Here's Sick Again from Seattle '77. The video is from the Empress Valley Definitive Edition DVD and I remastered the audio. This is still a work in progress, but it's pretty close to what the final version will sound like.

Nice work 

R😎🎸👍

• 5 weeks later...

One of my favorite versions of "Whole Lotta Love" by the band and probably when they were their absolute best as a band as they are just jamming, like you wouldn't believe on this.  "You're So Square" (Baby, I Don't Care" by The King is just amazing when JPJ and Bonzo kick in.  Just incredible.  Also, I think it's Jimmy's best theramin playing if that's what you want to call it ever for "WLL."

Here are some shorter versions and excerpts from the "WLL Medley" if you don't want to listen through.

Edited by SuperDave

This is rather cool and a short one.  Part of the "Dazed and Confused" jam.  Even better as separated!  Listening to the original version and lyrics in light of what has happened in Hollywood with Weinstein, Spacey et al, I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to write lyrics like this.  But then again the lyrics are classic in this song from the get go!

My recent demo of Bonzo's drumming on Celebration Day from the original soundtrack album, from my new channel Bonzology with Terry and George. Check out our other demos. Dave Lewis gave us a nice write up in the most recent Tight But Loose blog! Thanks Dave!

Edited by porgie66

55 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

I've been going through all your videos and, I must say, that both you and Terry are providing an invaluable service and contribution to Bonham's style and technique that is unmatched by anything else out there. I highly recommend anyone and everyone who wants to learn the 'proper' way to play Bonham's stuff to study what you and Terry  are providing for those of us who care. 

Oh yeah, Porgie...you are one hell of a drummer...thanks for the link. My new favorite channel, dedicated to the drumming of John Henry Bonham. :)

2 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

I've been going through all your videos and, I must say, that both you and Terry are providing an invaluable service and contribution to Bonham's style and technique that is unmatched by anything else out there. I highly recommend anyone and everyone who wants to learn the 'proper' way to play Bonham's stuff to study what you and Terry  are providing for those of us who care. 

Oh yeah, Porgie...you are one hell of a drummer...thanks for the link. My new favorite channel, dedicated to the drumming of John Henry Bonham. :)

Thanks Willie!!  This guy has been doing some companion videos playing bass along with my solo covers of songs. He's excellent!! His name is Pete.