Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube

Nice video and I saw this movie years ago.  Brad Renfro was a good actor and too bad like many his age had his demons due to the Hollywood life.  Cool Zeppelin reference in the film and my guess he had this added to the screenplay.  Not the first time he did this as another one in his prior film, "The Client" with Susan Sarandon.  Brad Renfro was a huge Led Zeppelin fanatic and loved their music so much from what I've read.

18 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Nice video and I saw this movie years ago.  Brad Renfro was a good actor and too bad like many his age had his demons due to the Hollywood life.  Cool Zeppelin reference in the film and my guess he had this added to the screenplay.  Not the first time he did this as another one in his prior film, "The Client" with Susan Sarandon.  Brad Renfro was a huge Led Zeppelin fanatic and loved their music so much from what I've read.

Awesome bit of info. I thought it was funny he used Jimmy Page though, considering Jimmy is terrified of driving. Should've went with Bonzo.

4 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

EVH talking about where he got inspired to try the "Tapping" technique.

Strangely, when asked later in the interview if Jimmy was an influence to his playing, he says no. 

I really enjoyed that interview, thanks! If only Jimmy and John-Paul and Robert if he wanted to participate, would sit down in a very similar set up and talk for HOURS about specific albums/songs/techniques/ideas and how they evolved. Now THAT is a 50th event we could ALL get into!

Edited by rm2551

Sorry in advance if this has already been posted. Not going through 79 pages to find out...

March 1975, perhaps the Apex of Led Zeppelin, and RP says he's at peace and hopes it goes on till he's 50! Really makes me wonder...what could have been...

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Delinha said:

A great interview!

Thanks for posting this great little interview. Plant is too cool. He couldn't give a hoot about Zeppelin....he's just out having fun, living life and singing. Good on him!

On 3/29/2018 at 12:42 AM, Chicago said:

Those crash and ride cymbals are sizzling on We're Gonna Groove

Great job

I highly recommend all the videos on George's channel. Done with respect and grace and a great, great listen. He is a phenomenal drummer. 

5 hours ago, morningson said:

I highly recommend all the videos on George's channel. Done with respect and grace and a great, great listen. He is a phenomenal drummer. 

Thank you, I appreciate that!  I'm in the process of doing a complete 1973 tour style covers. I just uploaded Dazed and Confused . 😓

5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thank you, I appreciate that!  I'm in the process of doing a complete 1973 tour style covers. I just uploaded Dazed and Confused . 😓

I watched it last night. You nailed it, right down to the Bonzo head shake in the San Francisco breakdown part! Fantastic!

On a purely personal note, I'd love to see you do The Rover. I think that is a very underrated drumming performance from Bonzo.

13 hours ago, morningson said:

I watched it last night. You nailed it, right down to the Bonzo head shake in the San Francisco breakdown part! Fantastic!

On a purely personal note, I'd love to see you do The Rover. I think that is a very underrated drumming performance from Bonzo.

Thanks ! I will try to do The Rover soon...it's such a great tune. 

On 4/14/2018 at 2:36 AM, porgie66 said:

Dazed - movie version, first half.  I don't own Vistalites but I prefer the sound of these old vintage Ludwig Thermogloss 3 ply drums ala 1970

George's entire Youtube channel is well worth a watch. Absolutely outstanding recreation of Bonzo's greatest hits and thumps. Too many highlights to mention. George is an exceptional drummer in his own right and the best Bonham sound-a-like out there. 

Let me put it this way: If I started a band tomorrow and wanted the most versatile, funky, swinging, grooving drummer around, I would call George. He is THAT good.