Zep and the Beatles

I don't even know who the people u mention are but...well to say the pics of mccartney using the 666 hand sign or the placement of the numbers on various albums and dvd's is a coincidence...I dont have a comeback and like I said i never liked the guy's music much so do not have an axe to grind. i trust my sources one of whom was in his Broadstreet movie trainwreck. i have a family member that acts but i am not out to prove anything... except the 666 on McCartney years is an unlikely coincidence- but anythings's possible....I am not suggesting he is satanic or does blood sacrifices -just has a fascination with crowley as did many in the 60's/70's

PS Yes denny laine could be lying but did not seem to be offering it in a backstabbing or negative way just matter of factly..Really I have no proof beyone what i see and word of mouth.

And i agree these studies lead nowhere so it really is insignificant.

I don't even know who the people u mention are but...well to say the pics of mccartney using the 666 hand sign or the placement of the numbers on various albums and dvd's is a coincidence...I dont have a comeback and like I said i never liked the guy's music much so do not have an axe to grind. i trust my sources one of whom was in his Broadstreet movie trainwreck. i have a family member that acts but i am not out to prove anything... except the 666 on McCartney years is an unlikely coincidence- but anythings's possible....I am not suggesting he is satanic or does blood sacrifices -just has a fascination with crowley as did many in the 60's/70's

PS Yes denny laine could be lying but did not seem to be offering it in a backstabbing or negative way just matter of factly..Really I have no proof beyone what i see and word of mouth.

And i agree these studies lead nowhere so it really is insignificant.

Wow, you don't know who Bob Weir or Harry Shearer is, blimey.

Oh lord I just did a search and found David Icke. Holy crud this guy is scary crazy and apparently thinks that rock stars are huge reptiles from space. No I did not get info here- ran into Mr Laine -but he said nothing about being in a band with a big lizard haha that site was a riot

Bottom line is that a huge amount of rock stars/ actors/ artists dabbled or were really into Crowley and the occult in the late 60's-early

70's. For most it was simply a fad and one more exotic or controversial thing to be into. Most people don't know that Crowley would

intentionally throw in misleading info or jokes into his writings to weed out the insincere. If you really research youl'l find that Crowley

despite his excesses was far more interested in spiritual elevation than anything else. Mac could have picked up a book for 15 minutes,

and suddenly he's a Crowleyite.

Mac could have picked up a book for 15 minutes, and suddenly he's a Crowleyite.

By most accounts in the 70's McCartney was mainly reading comic books (witness "Magneto And Titanium Man" off of Venus And Mars) Crowley probably would have been too much for Paul's pot addled brain :lol:

Oh lord I just did a search and found David Icke. Holy crud this guy is scary crazy and apparently thinks that rock stars are huge reptiles from space. No I did not get info here- ran into Mr Laine -but he said nothing about being in a band with a big lizard haha that site was a riot

Seriously before I stick to the topic Is this Icke fool like s cult leader I mean seriously his theme is "everyone is evil" basically. It's pretty creepy

God help me, a friend of ours actually dragged my wife and I to one of David Icke's 'seminars' about twenty years ago. I never did get those three hours back...the dude is indeed a total fucking whackjob.

...,anyway back to the music...

Yes please!

Here's a thought that occurred to me a while back: given that Paul McCartney's favourite drummers are Ringo Starr (of course) and John Bonham, it makes sense that he has stuck with Abe Laboriel Jr on the drums in his current band for so long (it's incredible to think Paul has been playing with those guys longer than he played with The Beatles or Wings!) considering Abe plays in such a heavy, Bonhamesque style.

Discuss...

Jimmy Page gives a rare interview to Tony Barrell, discussing Led Zeppelin, astrology… and tropical fish

THE SUNDAY TIMES (COVER STORY), 2010

One day in 1964 Jimmy walked into EMI studios in Abbey Road and found he was making incidental music for The Beatles’ first film, A Hard Day’s Night. “I turned up and, lo and behold, there was George Martin,” he recalls now, “and I recognised the music and realised what it was.” He ended up contributing background guitar to ‘Ringo’s Theme’, the instrumental of the song ‘This Boy’ that accompanies a morose Ringo Starr as he wanders off by the River Thames.

http://www.tonybarrell.com/riffs-and-legends/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pmy64g2ET8

Well,, a cool and raucous version of I'm Going Down by Yes with Jimmy on 2nd guitar. As grand as Yes could get, IMO at least live

they were far more rock'in than most other "PROG-rock" bands. Trevor Rabin certainly wails and Page although chaotic sounds

very energetic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived