Marijuana legalization

Mountain Hopper

I agree with both rm and red on this. But as has been pointed out countless times, not everyone who drinks or smokes a bifta has a problem. Only a tiny minority of drinkers go on to be alcoholics, if it wasn't then God help us. Marijuana is one of the, if not the most non addictive substances that is either legal or illegal. I know a lot of people who smoke weed and not one, ever gets the shakes or withdrawal if they go a time without it. I read the other day that a woman who considered herself to be a "health freak" who didn't drink or smoke or eat meat, was Lactose and Gluten intolerant ( only noticed they were when they moved to London 😉) started the day with 2 strong coffees ! "Can't start the day without caffeine". She proudly announced. Do we ban Caffeine?

There are always times where people abuse or should i say misuse. Caffeine , alcohol, coke ( the powder and that ghastly sugar stuff), smack, the list goes on and on. Even worse prescribed Opiods. I still cannot believe that doctors are readily at hand to dish out this highly addictive narcotic and still argue that medical Marijuana has no place in medicine, at least here in the UK. 

Personally I love a glass or two of red in the evening and a joint. Most evenings as it happens but not to where I consider it to be a problem. I very, very rarely feel like it's debilitated me in the morning. OK some Saturdays I may feel slightly "furry" if we have had a big night but I know my limits. 

Drink driving?? Well more fool them. Personally I feel, like the Scandinavians, that the limit should be Zero. Caught and your fucked. I never understand the vagueries of "over the limit". If you weigh, say 20 stone, eat a large dinner with a couple of glasses of wine, chances are if you are pulled you won't be over the limit. Now take a 9 stone person. No food all day, has a couple glasses of wine, you very well be over the limit. Right or wrong? Mrs CP never drinks if she drives. If we eat out and she wants a drink we take public transport or a taxi.

There are people with addictive personalities. Sex, drugs, drink or whatever. It doesn't mean we all have a problem. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Up in Colorado again for our annual BHTM Red Rocks show.

First pick up is some nice mellow pre lunch smoke. 18% THC  20% CBD... known as, Ak47

20180607_105233.jpg

Now that's just being blunt.  Enjoy the freedom !  

7 hours ago, zepscoda said:

First pick up is some nice mellow pre lunch smoke. 18% THC  20% CBD... known as, Ak47

20180607_105233.jpg

Looking at this makes me wonder why I'm not in Colorado...

(Thanks for the image! B))

10 hours ago, zepscoda said:

20180607_105233.jpg

They are beautiful! :drool: 

Enjoy the show!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 3:16 AM, zepscoda said:

20180607_105233.jpg

Send me one tightly packed in the mail. I'll love you forever.... :)

On 6/7/2018 at 6:16 PM, zepscoda said:

20180607_105233.jpg

eeemmm lovely. How was the smoke? 18/20 CBD?. i am looking to grow a 50/50 next year. Just waiting for my Diesel to show their heads for this year

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Get growing rm. You will enjoy wonderful varieties carefully and organically grown by yourself. I will be on hand for tips 😀

I did. Last summer - cultivated a handy amount. It will probably go mouldy before I get to use it all. 2 yielded HEAPS. I am enjoying my Friday / Saturday nights around the fire.....  :)

Missus made cookies which are outstanding too.

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I did. Last summer - cultivated a handy amount. It will probably go mouldy before I get to use it all. 2 yielded HEAPS. I am enjoying my Friday / Saturday nights around the fire.....  :)

Missus made cookies which are outstanding too.

If it's dried and cured properly it will last for ages. I have some that is 2 years old and it still smokes fine. Keep it in mason jars and enjoy until your next crop. What variety was it as a matter of interest?

Go Canada. Unfortunately, not even a top 20 topic here. Not on the radar AT ALL.

But the good news is: attitudes here. :)No fucks given by ANYONE. Parents now statistically smoke pot more than the younger generation does. So no one really cares anymore. There is no fallout from "pot abuse" at all. It does not exist on a scale that makes it "newsworthy" - not even to feed the shitty sensationalist tabloid media that we have. Alcohol abuse is often a 'front page' issue, but despite the occasional attempt to lump pot and alcohol together as a problem, there is practically no negative attitude as to the use of Mary Jane (media, pretend media, my circle, my larger circle, social media). As usual, it will take the Government 10 years to catch up to what we already live and breath culturally/socially.

so it's not ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

14 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Go Canada. Unfortunately, not even a top 20 topic here. Not on the radar AT ALL.

But the good news is: attitudes here. :)No fucks given by ANYONE. Parents now statistically smoke pot more than the younger generation does. So no one really cares anymore. There is no fallout from "pot abuse" at all. It does not exist on a scale that makes it "newsworthy" - not even to feed the shitty sensationalist tabloid media that we have. Alcohol abuse is often a 'front page' issue, but despite the occasional attempt to lump pot and alcohol together as a problem, there is practically no negative attitude as to the use of Mary Jane (media, pretend media, my circle, my larger circle, social media). As usual, it will take the Government 10 years to catch up to what we already live and breath culturally/socially.

so it's not ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

I think it's the same here, walk around most towns and you are going to get a whiff of the green. Ignoring it is the best policy, the tokers get to toke and the complainers are happy that it's still illegal.

How much longer do we have to wait in NY?  Its bullshit.  Its supposed to happen this year?  Recreational.  My doctor like many, is all for it but does not have the license.  Its a real headache getting the paperwork and the license from what I hear.  And God knows how much they are charging them?  Once its legal recreationally, nobody can touch you.  But until then, I cannot risk it. One bad urine test and boom.  

You are a country mile closer than we are man. If I was a betting man, which I am not, If we ever Legalise it then I will bare my arse on the Town Hall steps. Anyway I couldn't care less. The more "they" control it the more expensive it will become. A couple of grows are enough

It's been over 2 years that voters approved both recreational and medical.The medical got up and running fairly quickly.The rec,the first license was awarded a day go.I don't smoke it anymore but damn my state government!Chill is right, more expensive and it's only about taxes!:rolleyes:

On 6/25/2018 at 12:18 PM, Anjin-san said:

It's been over 2 years that voters approved both recreational and medical.The medical got up and running fairly quickly.The rec,the first license was awarded a day go.I don't smoke it anymore but damn my state government!Chill is right, more expensive and it's only about taxes!:rolleyes:

Not in NY.  Not yet for recreational.  And to me its huge.  For reasons I cannot state publicly

On 6/18/2018 at 8:57 AM, chillumpuffer said:

eeemmm lovely. How was the smoke? 18/20 CBD?. i am looking to grow a 50/50 next year. Just waiting for my Diesel to show their heads for this year

It was really good, very mellow.  I've never had more CBD than THC and was pretty curious to see what the outcome would be. Didn't take long before you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. When also got some higher THC strains, just to change things up. 

1 minute ago, zepscoda said:

It was really good, very mellow.  I've never had more CBD than THC and was pretty curious to see what the outcome would be. Didn't take long before you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. When also got some higher THC strains, just to change things up. 

Right that does it. My diesel's are now up and into their stride. After which a CBD/THC will be in the tent ready for Christmas. Maybe have to do an Auto?

Thanks for the info man

2 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Right that does it. My diesel's are now up and into their stride. After which a CBD/THC will be in the tent ready for Christmas. Maybe have to do an Auto?

Thanks for the info man

The higher THC strain we got was Chemdawg 4. Sitting at a intense 26% THC , some gummies and of course a vape pen. I love the pen because you can smoke anywhere and not get noticed.  Perfect for baseball games 😉

20180628_085701.jpg

40 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

The higher THC strain we got was Chemdawg 4. Sitting at a intense 26% THC , some gummies and of course a vape pen. I love the pen because you can smoke anywhere and not get noticed.  Perfect for baseball games 😉

20180628_085701.jpg

26% THC ??? Not sure we would cope with that. I think Diesel is 15% and I may have told Mrs CP that it was 10. 

On 6/7/2018 at 1:16 PM, zepscoda said:

20180607_105233.jpg

So is there any real kick ass stuff you can buy legally?  I mean that is comparable to the old "Alcopulco Gold" or "red tip" of the 70s?  I have never had store bought legal weed.  i have seen it in pill form but it was shit.  I have heard that its not as good as what you can get on the streets?   Just wondering. Here in NY we wait forever. 

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So is there any real kick ass stuff you can buy legally?  I mean that is comparable to the old "Alcopulco Gold" or "red tip" of the 70s?  I have never had store bought legal weed.  i have seen it in pill form but it was shit.  I have heard that its not as good as what you can get on the streets?   Just wondering. Here in NY we wait forever. 

Being inside a dispensary,  particularly the large ones, is like being a kid in a candy store. The weed is so beyond what we had in the 80's & 90's , and we got some bad ass smoke down in in the Bronx back in the day.  In a dispensary the variety is mind blowing, and would be overwhelming if it weren't for the one on one with the employee behind the counter. Think of it as going up to a deli counter and ordering cold cuts. You tell them what you're looking for, the type of buzz you'd like, and they make great recommends . Once NY and Texas get on board, and they will, it will be a glorious day!