PLANT IN CAR CRASH?!

Nech

I don't know if anyone else had mentioned this but I thought Robert Plant and Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham would all have driven brand new Cadillacs. Isn't that the car company that use(d) to use "Rock and Roll" as their theme song a few years ago? I would think that if the members of the group had gotten millions of dollars for an endorsement deal with Cadillac cars then they probably would get at least a couple of brand new Cadillacs a year (for life). That would certainly make sense to me. Me, personally, I would rather drive a Cady than an Audi. Just my preference. By the way, I drive a decent 1998 Toyota Avalon. Good car. Not as nice as an endorsement Cadillac.

The Cadillac endorsement deal made no provision for them to ever receive new cars.

Robert has been driving an Audi for quite a few years now. He did own at least one

Cadillac many years ago. Jimmy's got a BMW, among other cars.

The Cadillac endorsement deal made no provision for them to ever receive new cars.

Robert has been driving an Audi for quite a few years now. He did own at least one

Seems I recall Plant buying a big American luxury car for Maureen while on a Led Zeppelin tour in the US and shipping it back to the UK. Is my recollection correct?

Seems I recall Plant buying a big American luxury car for Maureen while on a Led Zeppelin tour in the US and shipping it back to the UK. Is my recollection correct?

Off the top of my head I don't recall that. Sounds a bit far-fetched, seeing as any American car would have had the steering wheel on the "wrong" side for use on UK

roads (not that it ever stopped Bonzo from buying them!).

Excellent point. It's weird that some things I thought I read way back about Led Zeppelin are my own figments. I would have almost sworn under oath that I read this in a Lisa Robinson/et al article.

I recall Jimmy buying a Mercedes 350SL for Charlotte for her birthday, but that was via a dealer in Birmingham. Photo (courtesy of Knebby) showed the dealer with the car, and some flowers.

A few years ago there was a rumor I heard from the guy who ran a local record store in Georgia: Robert Plant had gone to some record store in Atlanta to buy some 8-track tapes, because his Cadillac had an 8-track tape player.

Can't verify it of course, but the guy telling it to me believed it, anyway. I always wanted to believe it was true. (This would have been around the late 90s).

May be possible, but Caddys haven't had 8-tracks since 197(6)? He may have bought or rented a vintage Caddy when visiting and wanted some tunes on his way to 29 Palms! ;)
UMMM WHAT ARE 8 TRACKS??? (JUST JOKING IM OLD BUT YOUNGER READERS MIGHT NOT KNOW) :slapface::slapface:

Glad all is okay.

Is it me, or isn't a bit ironic that a dog named Smokey got skewered with a BBQ fork? :lol:

Good to hear Robert and the other party involved are fine. Can't say the same thing for Smokey. That was a good one Ev. Loved it!

I guess Jimmy collects a few cars here and there. It's true he doesn't drive and has never gotten a drivers license? Can you verify this Steve, because I've read this before somewhere.

Looks like his left ear is hurt ,he is holding it ! :D

Hi:

I think he is holding his cell phone to his ear....I hope he did get checked out...

My Canadian insurance company told me to get checked out even though I wasn't hurt in my accident..just to make sure..and I'm glad they did check my blood pressure, pulse, temp.and asked questions because I was very very upset..the distracted driver who hit me not only wrecked my car but my weekend!!!! We cannot sue in Ontario....but don't get me going on that topic...

Juliet :coffee:

With all of the driving on the wrong side of the road, I'm surprised that there aren't more accidents over there.

Sorry to tell you Del but you and the rest of the world, well those that were not British Colonies that is, have got it wrong. Napoleon introduced the "Drive on the Right" system in the early 1800 for France and most of Europe, nothing more than to be more pedantic than he already was and the fact that he envied GREAT Britain much more than he would want the world to know, just like all you other Imperialist Countries that try to achieve our level of Civilization and GREATNESS but fail miserably. ;)

"In addition, the French Revolution of 1789 gave a huge impetus to right-hand travel in Europe. The fact is, before the Revolution, the aristocracy travelled on the left of the road, forcing the peasantry over to the right, but after the storming of the Bastille and the subsequent events, aristocrats preferred to keep a low profile and joined the peasants on the right. An official keep-right rule was introduced in Paris in 1794, more or less parallel to Denmark, where driving on the right had been made compulsory in 1793."

http://users.telenet.be/worldstandards/dri...0the%20left.htm

As far as i'm concerned you should always have your strongest Arm in control of the Steering Wheel, in most cases this would be your Right Arm, this is because you always need the Strongest Arm to Steer if you get in to dificulty. This means you would need to Sit on the Right to Drive on the Left so as to be on the "Right side" of any oncoming vehicles, you know it makes sense dont you?

The fact that Robert spends so much of his time in Un-Civilised Countries is so much more a reason for him to have been the party at fault than for him to be driving on the "Wrong" side of the road, and as to whos fault it was is open to debate, my bet is on the other guy. :whistling:

Regards, Danny

Well Dan you're trying to start a war here now aren't you? :nuke: That keeps things interesting on this board now doesn't it? But since I'm mostly left handed. where does that leave me or make me perhaps? Now do you know this info regarding left vs right side of the road for a fact or could it be a chicken or the egg theory? Cheers! :beer:

Well Dan you're trying to start a war here now aren't you? :nuke: That keeps things interesting on this board now doesn't it? But since I'm mostly left handed. where does that leave me or make me perhaps? Now do you know this info regarding left vs right side of the road for a fact or could it be a chicken or the egg theory? Cheers! :beer:

Hi 'SuperDave'

No war mate just friendly banter amongst friends or should i say Ex-Patriots?

You being left handed would mean you would be better suited to driving on the Right, but as you're in the minority you must adapt to driving on the Left, or should i say on the "Right" side of the road? which just happens to be Left if you live in England, the home of Modern Civilisation dont you know? I hope i'm making myself very (un)clear?

The theory of which you spreak is one that i have developed by myself from my own observation of the how things work in the world, not by my own feelings of how i would like it to be, just good scientific facts, observed by me.

As for the Chicken-Egg theory, the Egg always came first before the Chicken, thats irrefutable Logic as well as cold hard fact.

Keep'em comming and Regards, Danny

Sorry to tell you Del but you and the rest of the world, well those that were not British Colonies that is, have got it wrong. Napoleon introduced the "Drive on the Right" system in the early 1800 for France and most of Europe, nothing more than to be more pedantic than he already was and the fact that he envied GREAT Britain much more than he would want the world to know, just like all you other Imperialist Countries that try to achieve our level of Civilization and GREATNESS but fail miserably. ;)

"In addition, the French Revolution of 1789 gave a huge impetus to right-hand travel in Europe. The fact is, before the Revolution, the aristocracy travelled on the left of the road, forcing the peasantry over to the right, but after the storming of the Bastille and the subsequent events, aristocrats preferred to keep a low profile and joined the peasants on the right. An official keep-right rule was introduced in Paris in 1794, more or less parallel to Denmark, where driving on the right had been made compulsory in 1793."

http://users.telenet.be/worldstandards/dri...0the%20left.htm

As far as i'm concerned you should always have your strongest Arm in control of the Steering Wheel, in most cases this would be your Right Arm, this is because you always need the Strongest Arm to Steer if you get in to dificulty. This means you would need to Sit on the Right to Drive on the Left so as to be on the "Right side" of any oncoming vehicles, you know it makes sense dont you?

The fact that Robert spends so much of his time in Un-Civilised Countries is so much more a reason for him to have been the party at fault than for him to be driving on the "Wrong" side of the road, and as to whos fault it was is open to debate, my bet is on the other guy. :whistling:

Regards, Danny

Driving on the left is almost as stubborn as using chop sticks when there is a better way.

So except for the UK, Ireland and maybe India, who still drives on the left?

If you want to know the real reason why most of the world drives on the right you have to go back to Henry Ford. When he changed to a left handed driving car... most of the world followed.

And besides, every right handed male knows that it is way better to have your LEFT hand on the wheel, the beer between your knees, and your right hand (the dominant hand) free to wander up your girlfriend's skirt or down her bra.

I can't imagine how you British blokes pull that one off! LOL!

Archived