PLANT IN CAR CRASH?!

Nech

I don't understand why this thread turned into a debate of driving on which side. There are countries where people drive on the left side and there are countries where people drive on the right(and here I mean physically) side, there are historical and traditional reasons behind that, there's nothing WRONG with that. The arrogance towards other countries and cultures is just laughable when we are now living in a world of high speed and global communication.

Sorry to tell you Del but you and the rest of the world, well those that were not British Colonies that is, have got it wrong. Napoleon introduced the "Drive on the Right" system in the early 1800 for France and most of Europe, nothing more than to be more pedantic than he already was and the fact that he envied GREAT Britain much more than he would want the world to know, just like all you other Imperialist Countries that try to achieve our level of Civilization and GREATNESS but fail miserably. ;)

"In addition, the French Revolution of 1789 gave a huge impetus to right-hand travel in Europe. The fact is, before the Revolution, the aristocracy travelled on the left of the road, forcing the peasantry over to the right, but after the storming of the Bastille and the subsequent events, aristocrats preferred to keep a low profile and joined the peasants on the right. An official keep-right rule was introduced in Paris in 1794, more or less parallel to Denmark, where driving on the right had been made compulsory in 1793."

http://users.telenet.be/worldstandards/dri...0the%20left.htm

As far as i'm concerned you should always have your strongest Arm in control of the Steering Wheel, in most cases this would be your Right Arm, this is because you always need the Strongest Arm to Steer if you get in to dificulty. This means you would need to Sit on the Right to Drive on the Left so as to be on the "Right side" of any oncoming vehicles, you know it makes sense dont you?

The fact that Robert spends so much of his time in Un-Civilised Countries is so much more a reason for him to have been the party at fault than for him to be driving on the "Wrong" side of the road, and as to whos fault it was is open to debate, my bet is on the other guy. :whistling:

Regards, Danny

Another theory is that in Medeval times, to be a Knight, you had to be right handed. Hence, when sword fighting on horseback, you had to keep left and fought from your right side...just like jousting, ride down the left!! The remnants of this is found in polo today...you can only attack the ball from the right hand side where you hold the mallet.

Anyhow, we digress. All in the Page crash appear ok. History lesson is now over!!

I don't understand why this thread turned into a debate of driving on which side. There are countries where people drive on the left side and there are countries where people drive on the right(and here I mean physically) side, there are historical and traditional reasons behind that, there's nothing WRONG with that. The arrogance towards other countries and cultures is just laughable when we are now living in a world of high speed and global communication.

Not arrogance Glicine. Its whats known as a bit of friendly banter!

Big Dan is of course correct! Whatever we Brits do is the right and proper way! :D

Driving on the left is almost as stubborn as using chop sticks when there is a better way.

The French under Napoleon brought in driving on the Right as i said in my previous post (please keep up) now why would you expect us English to copy not only a less favourable formular but one from our most hated foe? Of course i know that at the time you American Rebels would side with anybody that was anit-British but really, was having the French as "Friends and Allies" that good an idea when you look at the way the friendship between your good selves and us English has blossomed? I mean where would you be now if the French were your allies in Iraq and Afghanistan. ;)

As for there being a better way to eat than with Chop Sticks, well 1.2 Billion Chineese and 300 Million Japaneese, and quite a few others would disagree, and thats 5 times more People that you have in Americia, or is it because you cannot get the hang of eating with Chop Sticks? is it too hard for you too do, oh the shame of it. :lol:

So except for the UK, Ireland and maybe India, who still drives on the left?

Just goes to show that being in the majority is not always the right or best thing to do doesn't it?

If you want to know the real reason why most of the world drives on the right you have to go back to Henry Ford. When he changed to a left handed driving car... most of the world followed.

"Blindly" you should have added, just goes to show that the English follow their own path rather than be miss-guided by other well intentioned "God Botherers".

And besides, every right handed male knows that it is way better to have your LEFT hand on the wheel, the beer between your knees, and your right hand (the dominant hand) free to wander up your girlfriend's skirt or down her bra.

Del, you have now shown the world the true "Male Shovanist" ways of the American male, and that includes you too, in England we would never "Grope" a "Lady" in the "Neanderthal" ways that you have described, we would prefer to entice her with our charms in to the back seat ares of the car, slip her ankles in to the stirups provided and perform unselfish acts of love too graphic to describe on this forum, thats why we drive on the "Left" and thats why we are called "English Gentlemen". ;)

I can't imagine how you British blokes pull that one off! LOL!

May I refer you to my previous answer?

And may i add that if you have your "Less Dominant Left Hand" on the wheel then you more "Dominant Right Hands" only use would probably be to give yourself "sexual gratification" which in my country of England would be called "Wankerism" :wub:

Regards, Danny

Another theory is that in Medeval times, to be a Knight, you had to be right handed. Hence, when sword fighting on horseback, you had to keep left and fought from your right side...just like jousting, ride down the left!! The remnants of this is found in polo today...you can only attack the ball from the right hand side where you hold the mallet.

Anyhow, we digress. All in the Page crash appear ok. History lesson is now over!!

Hi 'k5ymo'

You are so right, and if you ever examine the spiral stairs of our castles in England you will find that they spiral in an anti-clockwise direction from the ground upwards, so as the defenders of the castles (who would be above you on the stairs) could wield there sword arm (right arm) more effectively, you have so helped me prove my point, "to drive on the left is right" many thanks 'k5ymo'.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'k5ymo'

You are so right, and if you ever examine the spiral stairs of our castles in England you will find that they spiral in an anti-clockwise direction from the ground upwards, so as the defenders of the castles (who would be above you on the stairs) could wield there sword arm (right arm) more effectively, you have so helped me prove my point, "to drive on the left is right" many thanks 'k5ymo'.

Regards, Danny

Your welcome BIGDAN...and my Scottish castles are the same!! Also, check out corridors (schools, colleges, universities, offices) and where the 'PUSH' is on the swinging doors...we keep LEFT!!

Regards from my new home...Western Australia...who also drive on the LEFT!!

Uh, that would be Plant crash. That's how much the topic of the thread disappeared! But yes, good news everyone was OK.

Whoops...I got a bit carried away and forgot my Pages from Plants...good pick up!!

Q: Do you know which side of the road American tanks drive on?

A: Whichever side they want to. ;)

German_prisoners_on_Autobahn_20_122.jpg

That was a joke, in case you didn't notice. They were all jokes... so lighten up Francis :D

Del, you have now shown the world the true "Male Shovanist" ways of the American male, and that includes you too, in England we would never "Grope" a "Lady" in the "Neanderthal" ways that you have described, we would prefer to entice her with our charms in to the back seat ares of the car, slip her ankles in to the stirups provided and perform unselfish acts of love too graphic to describe on this forum, thats why we drive on the "Left" and thats why we are called "English Gentlemen".

cooper.jpg

I didn't even realize your cars over there even had back seats. :D

And may i add that if you have your "Less Dominant Left Hand" on the wheel then you more "Dominant Right Hands" only use would probably be to give yourself "sexual gratification" which in my country of England would be called "Wankerism"

In America we would pull over to the side of the road for that kind of thing....

In America that would take both hands.

KarlAnaconda1.jpg

:P

I didn't even realize your cars over there even had back seats. :D

Look Del mate, we dont even have that many cars over here that are from English manufacturers, cars are just like the people that live here thay are all imported. :D

In America we would pull over to the side of the road for that kind of thing....

In America that would take both hands.

I thought that was just in Texas, you know how the saying goes? "Everything is Big in Texas, thats why we walk with a limp"

Regards, Danny

Your welcome BIGDAN...and my Scottish castles are the same!! Also, check out corridors (schools, colleges, universities, offices) and where the 'PUSH' is on the swinging doors...we keep LEFT!!

Regards from my new home...Western Australia...who also drive on the LEFT!!

Hi 'k5ymo'

Your Scottish Castles are not Scottish though, they were all made by Anglo-Norman Land owners.

And another thing, we also know through the use of TV that the Scottish people all live in Crofts in the Highlands, all those that dont are just English Immigrants with a Scottish Accent. :D

Funny that in England, (the home of modern civilisation) we walk on the Right so as to face oncomming vehicles that drive on the left.

Australia.jpg

Keep the peace and fly the Flag high, Regards, Danny

What's so interesting about the newpaper photo is that he is so everyday "normal" like the rest of us. No rock god or superstar. He's just a guy that got in a fender bender like you or I.

I'm always so star struck, especially when it comes to Robert, and I guess that's why the pictures strikes me so.

Everyone keeps telling me they put their pants on the same way the rest of us do, one leg at a time, but still [big sigh] I don't believe it. LOL!

HEY HEY US AMERICANS DO DRIVE THE SAME WAY AS THE BRITS DO. UMMM WELL AT LEAST OUR MAIL CARRIERS DO. THE MAIL TRUCKS HERE IN THE U.S. HAVE THE STEERING WHEELS ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. GOTTA STUFF THOSE MAIL BOXES BY THE STREET.

It's like they're desperately trying to find some kosmic irony in the whole thing. What possible relevance does it have that the guy he hit was a drugs counsellor? It's not like he deliberately went out looking for drugs counsellors to hit. :rolleyes:

Or did he? <_<

It's like they're desperately trying to find some kosmic irony in the whole thing. What possible relevance does it have that the guy he hit was a drugs counsellor? It's not like he deliberately went out looking for drugs counsellors to hit. :rolleyes:

Or did he? <_<

Good thing that Jimmy doesn't drive. :slapface:

Archived