CODA on 8-track tape?

This page about Led Zeppelin 8-track tapes has everything but doesn't have Coda.

I'm pretty sure it was available in the 1980s from Columbia House record club, as other LZ albums were, but it's hard to find information about it anywhere. Google searches are confusing because the album had eight songs (tracks) on it :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm Coda's existence on 8-track (or better yet, give information about the way the tracks are split)?

Driving down the road with LZ on 8-track was great in the day... and it's still just as great, as long as you can find a player for your car :DCoda would be pretty awesome to listen to.

• 4 years later...

I have Coda on 8-track so I can confirm the existence of this.

I've attached pics.

Cheers

That's cool. I don't recall that being available in Canada when the album was released, but I do have everything up to ITTOD on 8 track. What country is yours from? Thanks for sharing.

Hey how's the quality of sound on 8 tracks? We had one in the early 1980's but being only 12 years old at the time I never paid much attention to the sound - other than the louder the better! I have a nice TEAC reel to reel now & can tell a significant quality upgrade in both reel to reel & vinyl releases - but lost the 8-track player long ago.

Anybody have any thoughts on 8-track tape quality vs vinyl, cd, reel or other format? Thanks!

Both RCA and Columbia House record clubs released Coda on 8-track (They both also released the first three Robert Plant and both Firm tapes). Both have the odd yellow cover. I have never seen a Canadian edition of Coda; Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska (released in September '82) is the latest Canadian 8-track I've found, so I still hope a Canadian Coda tape may turn up. I also have a 'store-bought' copy of the first Robert Plant tape, but I doubt a similar version of Coda exists.

Hey how's the quality of sound on 8 tracks? We had one in the early 1980's but being only 12 years old at the time I never paid much attention to the sound - other than the louder the better! I have a nice TEAC reel to reel now & can tell a significant quality upgrade in both reel to reel & vinyl releases - but lost the 8-track player long ago.

Anybody have any thoughts on 8-track tape quality vs vinyl, cd, reel or other format? Thanks!

8-tracks are much-maligned, but if you have a decent, well-maintained player they sound fine, though reels and vinyl are superior.

Pretty poor overall. Mind you, I listened to them in cars with crummy stereos, but they were less than impressive.

Archived