JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

According to Antiquiet, Jesse Hughes of EAGLES OF DEATH METAL let it slip in an obscure interview with Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada's Power 97 radio station last week that the QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE frontman Josh Homme's new project with John Paul Jones (LED ZEPPELIN) and Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS) is going by the name THE CROOKED VULTURES.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BlabberMo...wsitemID=124540

Just YAY! :lol: I'm really pleased that Jonesy is doing this! The combination of very different musicians that this group is based on seems quite interesting, in this case one can be fairly sure that all of them will have important things to contribute. This lineup suggests really good and very loud Rock & Roll... which is great. Look forward to hearing their music. And I think the name is really good!

Word has yet to officially come down from the Lollapalooza camp, but the buzz is that the Crooked Vultures, a new supergroup featuring Queens of the Stone Age band leader Josh Homme, Foo Fighters frontman and former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl and the mighty John Paul Jones, Led Zeppelin's legendary bass player, will provide the much-needed icing on the cake largely missing from this year's festival lineup by closing things out with a special intimate after-show Sunday night at Metro.

And this link does look interesting:

lollapalooza

The symbol in the middle looks familiar, doesn't it?

And this link does look interesting:

lollapalooza

The symbol in the middle looks familiar, doesn't it?

This is pretty exciting! JPJ is the only living Zep member I haven't seen live... yet!

If you go to the Metro's website, it list the artist that night as 8436276653388588737. If you have a phone near you, you can translate it to THEMCROOKEDVULTURES.

Sweet... come on to Houston!

First Chickenfoot, now The Crooked Vultures? Music really HAS gone to the birds!

...not surprised, it has happened before....in that case, there is always room for "one more."...I am quite comfortable with birds, in fact I love them.......... :)

pageylamp.jpg

According to Antiquiet, Jesse Hughes of EAGLES OF DEATH METAL let it slip in an obscure interview with Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada's Power 97 radio station last week that the QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE frontman Josh Homme's new project with John Paul Jones (LED ZEPPELIN) and Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS) is going by the name THE CROOKED VULTURES.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BlabberMo...wsitemID=124540

The Crooked Vultures :D, oh gosh I love that name and can't wait to hear more about them!

The Crooked Vultures :D, oh gosh I love that name and can't wait to hear more about them!

Them Crooked Vultures. The name has been corrected.

And they do intend to play some gigs in the following time, as I've heard.

Them Crooked Vultures. The name has been corrected.

And they do intend to play some gigs in the following time, as I've heard.

Ha, even better. Thanks glicine. :)

Edited for an ADHD spelling mistake as usual.

Archived