During Which album sessions did PPlant's voice sound the best?

kashmiran

Plant's voice was best during the recording of?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. note: Coda doesnt count because it has tracks from all periods

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • The Fourth Album
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through the Out Door

I agree whole heartily. I am listening to the first one on vinyl and his voice is something else. I guess this is just a continuation of the "What is your favorite Zep moment". WLL should be called Whole Lotta Sex. biggrin.gif

Haha. To us, I think it is a continuation!!! Hahaha, Rob's voice is just sex in a can. Boy, could I use of a six-pack of him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted for ITTOD, even though I like the first few as well best- I think his voice here was strong, fresh and with a new appraoch and attitude-he gave it his all-and it showed. His voice on Im Gonna Crawl is a classic Zep moment alone, but job well done on the entire album! Carouselambra not only has great vocals (sadly buried in the mix) and also some of the best lyrics Plant has ever written-a true poet-just read em'

• 3 months later...

Definitely In Through The Out Door. It is my favorite Zeppelin album and I feel it is Robert's finest hour. The lyrics and his bittersweet delivery on tracks like Fool In The Rain, I'm Gonna Crawl, All My Love bring tears to the eyes. Much is made about the album being Jones's finest hour (and it is) but I always thought it was Robert's finest as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I love it all . Presence/ITTOD are the only ones that I cherry pick. I should actually look and see where they fall in terms of sales. I also feel like Zep are a way different band at the end of their run than at the begging. I feel like Robert/Jimmy sound more tired at the end. Its not like when they play Zeppelin classics that P/ITTOD songs are the ones that are played. At the Kenendy Honors they bands did not play any P/ITTOD songs. When Santana covered classic rock songs from Zep on his covers album. He choose WLL. He could have done a sharper version of FITRain considering there is that Santana Latin section in the middle of the song.

I chose LZ III for the sheer range of vocal brilliance it displays but that's clearly also the case on PG. I love the fact that his voice is so different at various times,styles versions.

Just revelling for the first time in tracks from How the West Was Won - so many new shades to his voice to enjoy. Bliss!

• 1 year later...

Surprised to see ITTOD get a little respect here!

Like Rock_Historian, I would go for ITTOD.  His voice, though buried, is strong, the screeching is gone, he displays a new smoothness to his voice.  And his delivery in "I'm Gonna Crawl" may be some of the finest in any blues music, just incredible!

Second choice would be PG.

Archived