15 August 1979:In Through The Out Door: 30 years on!

Zoso94T

There is a little too much synthesizer (the trend at the time) on there. Maybe it's good that they don't record a new album, they might put a few rap tunes (now there's an oxymoron) in there. But the album is not a disaster.

Great cover or shall I say covers (all six of them). They actually out did the Stones, who had four covers for their Some Girls album, the year before. I think the In Through The Out Door album cover is one of Led Zeppelins best.

Great album, but the engineering sounds horrid, as if the album were recorded in a cardboard box.

I've got the Bonzo drum clips from ITTOD and they KILL. Big and clear...WTF happened in the mixdown, did Page mix whilst on bad acid and crap wine? YECCH!

It's as much as a departure as LZ3 was after LZ2. Its a transitional album, as Page said the next album would be heavier. Page & Bonham had already had worked out the riff that would appear as "Shake My Tree" that appeared on the Coverdale/Page album (which Page & Plant performed live on their first tour) & that was a direction Page said at least he & Bonham were heading, so I don't think they were out of ideas as Ive heard people claim.

I'm personaly not a big fan of LZ2 or Presence, I think theyre both over rated in their canon because Ive heard them pursue those roads musically on albums that had came before them. Yet I realize those albums should be judged on their own merits & I think ITTOD should be as well.

I without any reservation, love ALL of their music. 12 years and look what amazing music we have from them. I can only imagine if things would have happened differently and they would have went on for longer. These four men .... The individual talent of each one, then put together... NOTHING like it.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, but for the life of me, how can anyone not have anything but the highest of praise and respect for their MUSIC and genius talent.. I truly believe we will never see this again.

Go right now, and at random just pick any album or cd and just play anyone of the ballads.....

Great album, but the engineering sounds horrid, as if the album were recorded in a cardboard box.

I've got the Bonzo drum clips from ITTOD and they KILL. Big and clear...WTF happened in the mixdown, did Page mix whilst on bad acid and crap wine? YECCH!

Most likely it went all to hell in Mastering as that's what Mastering guy's like to do to a interesting sounding mix.

It's not there fault thu really, they are only prepping (mainly) for mass production machinery.

Another volume in an ever expanding canon. I love the album. No resting or revisiting past success with this group! To me it's very fresh. I understand it was bit of a departure difficult for some to swallow, but it has all the vigor that makes Zeppelin stand apart. Perhaps a little less testosterone, but still a giant leap from what else was out there at the time, IMO. It was the highlight of my year when it came out, and I still get sucked into its charm! No matter what is said, or what comes along, all I have to do is put on the headphones and it's a good place in my head. So many of the big bands were jumping on trends at the time. Zeppelin just forged ahead on its own path. :beer:

Another great album by Zep,In Through The Out Door,does not contain the hard rock elements of the previous albums,but it seems that it was a progressive rock approach.Written mostly by Jonesy and Plant,it's the only album that contains the only two original Zeppelin songs,(All My Love,and South Bound Saurez),which were not co-written by Jimmy.

Also famous for the six different sleeves,and the bag package by Hipgnosis(who won the 1980 Grammy award for the best alboum package),which did not allow the buyer to know the album sleeve he bought!

Mixed reviews were recieved,both by fans and critics.I would like to know your opinion about that great(for me at least) album.

Track list:

1) In The Evening (one of the greatest Zep songs for sure) B)

2) South Bound Saurez

3) Fool In The Rain

4) Hot Dog (rock n roll the Zep way!)

5) Carouselambra

6) All My Love (Another great Zep song)

7) I'm Gonna Crawl

i love the album it kinda grew on me as i got older. i'm guessing this album is what separates the men from the boys or ladies from the girls cause usally people only like their heavy stuff or some only like there acoustic stuff but this album doesn't seem to appeal to the causual listener so (and this is gonna sound ignorant) but this is an album that only true led zeppelin fan likes

It's an awesome album,as i said before,it's a bit different from other albums,like Presence,or IV,but this doesn't necesserily means that it's not worth our attention...For example,some people don't even try to listen it,because they hear from others that it's not worthy... :( and this is silly...

i was telling my girlfriend the other day how "Im gonna crawl" is perfect, in a really sad way, to end that album and the Zep career, its such a "hangover" song for the past 11 years and fits so well, if you listen to that song with some montage of zep pics through their career it really moves me, great song anyway

the album on a whole is cool, its Zep after all, i only have it on vinyl so its a pain in the arse to keep getting it outta the brown paper bag lol x

Gotta agree with that, "I'm Gonna Crawl" does feel like a swan song. Also agree with many of the posters here...synths from this period generally don't hold up so well, but I thought what Zep did with Carouselambra was great. Remember the 80s? That was synth hell. Jones kept it in the keyboard realm.

ITTOD is an underrated album but also showed that Jimmy was laying back in his style, becoming slightly more of a background player in some tracks and ceding the production call to Jones a bit more. All My Love is incredibly lyrical. Carouselambra felt like the future of Zep for me - the spirit of adventure beckoning and not totally dead.

In some ways, I do agree that Zep felt like it was running its course. Fate must have played its hand. ITTOD was not the Zep that started its journey, but for better or worse, it was the Zep that ended their epic reign.

Another great album by Zep,In Through The Out Door,does not contain the hard rock elements of the previous albums,but it seems that it was a progressive rock approach.Written mostly by Jonesy and Plant,it's the only album that contains the only two original Zeppelin songs,(All My Love,and South Bound Saurez),which were not co-written by Jimmy.

Also famous for the six different sleeves,and the bag package by Hipgnosis(who won the 1980 Grammy award for the best alboum package),which did not allow the buyer to know the album sleeve he bought!

Mixed reviews were recieved,both by fans and critics.I would like to know your opinion about that great(for me at least) album.

Track list:

2) South Bound Saurez

3) Fool In The Rain

5) Carouselambra

7) I'm Gonna Crawl

I love this album so much. I really love the song Im Gonna Crawl its soo underrated.One of their best bluesy songs.I got some great memories listening to that album. Great Times B)

I love this album so much. I really love the song Im Gonna Crawl its soo underrated.One of their best bluesy songs.I got some great memories listening to that album. Great Times B)

That's my favorite track too! And I also love the album. Just listened to it today, actually. :D

Track list:

2) South Bound Saurez

3) Fool In The Rain

5) Carouselambra

7) I'm Gonna Crawl

How's it going "Zoso94T?" I hope all is well with you. In my opinion, the IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR album will forever go down in the band's history as their mellowest album to date. It is also my opinion that this album is the band's most emotional album to date. This album pretty much sums up what went on during the years that the band was inactive. IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR would tell the story of the band's feeling's and emotions and would be put down into music and lyrics. "All My Love" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" is Robert Plant pouring out his very soul to all of us, it was the only way that he knew how to let it out. IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR is Jonesy's album, he had to pick up the slack since Pagey and Plant were not 100% together and active as a songwriting team. The band was still recuperating from what happened in 1977 and yet, were still standing before our very eyes despite the reports from the music critics that the band was finished. To sum this up, it is a miracle that the IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR album was even recorded, let alone the fact that KNEBWORTH 1979 and the 1980 TOUR OVER EUROPE even happened. Have a great day and ROCK ON!

I bought this album the day it came out and to this day, i'm on the fence with it. Some tracks come up aces and others i can live without.

IMHO, not their best effort but still would be anybody else's best effort... :D:D:D

How's it going "Zoso94T?" I hope all is well with you. In my opinion, the IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR album will forever go down in the band's history as their mellowest album to date. It is also my opinion that this album is the band's most emotional album to date. This album pretty much sums up what went on during the years that the band was inactive. IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR would tell the story of the band's feeling's and emotions and would be put down into music and lyrics. "All My Love" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" is Robert Plant pouring out his very soul to all of us, it was the only way that he knew how to let it out. IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR is Jonesy's album, he had to pick up the slack since Pagey and Plant were not 100% together and active as a songwriting team. The band was still recuperating from what happened in 1977 and yet, were still standing before our very eyes despite the reports from the music critics that the band was finished. To sum this up, it is a miracle that the IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR album was even recorded, let alone the fact that KNEBWORTH 1979 and the 1980 TOUR OVER EUROPE even happened. Have a great day and ROCK ON!

Hi ZepFanForever,how are you?I completely agree with you,as a huge Zep fan,i think that it's truly a miracle that the band gave us songs like In The Evening (one of my all time faves :) ),All my love (awesome song,even if i'm more into harder stuff),I'm Gonna Crawl,and the rock n roller known as Hot Dog!Truly,this album was written mostly by Jonesy and Percy,and it was a Progressive approach.I really liked the fact that you mentioned the 1980 Tour Over Europe!I have listened some bootlegs,and i was very pleased with the band's playing,especially on songs like Nobody's Fault But Mine,Achille's Last Stand,All My Love,In The Evening,Rock n Roll...

Too bad that Bonzo died (i'm a guitarist,but he is my favourite drummer)...He was only 32,and he had more to do,both him and Zep.But the legend lives,and The Song Remains The Same!!!

Hi ZepFanForever,how are you?I completely agree with you,as a huge Zep fan,i think that it's truly a miracle that the band gave us songs like In The Evening (one of my all time faves :) ),All my love (awesome song,even if i'm more into harder stuff),I'm Gonna Crawl,and the rock n roller known as Hot Dog!Truly,this album was written mostly by Jonesy and Percy,and it was a Progressive approach.I really liked the fact that you mentioned the 1980 Tour Over Europe!I have listened some bootlegs,and i was very pleased with the band's playing,especially on songs like Nobody's Fault But Mine,Achille's Last Stand,All My Love,In The Evening,Rock n Roll...

Too bad that Bonzo died (i'm a guitarist,but he is my favourite drummer)...He was only 32,and he had more to do,both him and Zep.But the legend lives,and The Song Remains The Same!!!

How's it going "Zoso94T?" I'm doing very well, thanks for asking. I hope all is well with you also. When you really think about it, IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR, KNEBWORTH 1979 and the TOUR OVER EUROPE 1980, were really miracles in itself. I am truly glad that the mighty LED ZEPPELIN blessed us with all of these three gifts despite the fact that little did we all know that the real catastrophe just lied ahead. Have a great day and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Zoso94T?" I'm doing very well, thanks for asking. I hope all is well with you also. When you really think about it, IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR, KNEBWORTH 1979 and the TOUR OVER EUROPE 1980, were really miracles in itself. I am truly glad that the mighty LED ZEPPELIN blessed us with all of these three gifts despite the fact that little did we all know that the real catastrophe just lied ahead. Have a great day and ROCK ON!

Hi ZepFanForever :wave: I completely agree with you,Zeppelin alone were a blessing!And Bonzo's death was truly a catastrophe :depressed:

Hi ZepFanForever :wave: I completely agree with you,Zeppelin alone were a blessing!And Bonzo's death was truly a catastrophe :depressed:

How's it going "Zoso94T?" I hope all is well with you. Despite Bonzo's death and the band's announcement that would proclaim the death and fall of the mighty LED ZEPPELIN in 1980, LED ZEPPELIN lives on through their unique special blend and magical sound of music. LED ZEPPELIN, like THE BEATLES, ARE ROCK ROYALTY! These bands will NEVER die! ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "Zoso94T?" I hope all is well with you. Despite Bonzo's death and the band's announcement that would proclaim the death and fall of the mighty LED ZEPPELIN in 1980, LED ZEPPELIN lives on through their unique special blend and magical sound of music. LED ZEPPELIN, like THE BEATLES, ARE ROCK ROYALTY! These bands will NEVER die! ROCK ON my friend!

Hi,thank you very much!Truly,some great bands,like The Rolling Stones,Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,The Doors,Dire Straits,Deep Purple,and Black Sabbath will live forever,because of the great music they gave us!Unfortunately,many teenagers,listen to this silly chart music that lives for only two months,but still there are many teens,like myself that understand the importance of Rock music!The legent still lives :)

This may sound silly and far reaching for some, but I've always found it ironic that the last song on their first album (How Many More Times) has the words "You're gonna crawl", and the last song on their last album is "I'm Gonna Crawl".

This may sound silly and far reaching for some, but I've always found it ironic that the last song on their first album (How Many More Times) has the words "You're gonna crawl", and the last song on their last album is "I'm Gonna Crawl".

:o Never thought about that!

Archived