RNRHOF (Jimmy Page) 9 DVD set (10/

reids

A new 9 DVD set just in time for the 25th anniversary of the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is set to be released (in October):

http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=1001&langId=-1&productId=126501

(direct link)

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_dvd_collection_due_oct_20

(guitar world link)

Unfortunately, it looks like Led Zeppelin's performance (jam with Neil Young and Aerosmith and Jason Bonham)is not included.

However, Jimmy Page's performance with Jeff Beck (at his induction) is included.

R B)

Or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. That was a hard rock jam that didn't jell. A jell-o jam.

Yes. You are correct. It didn't jell, but it'd be nice to see it included somewhere (perhaps on a future dvd).

R:)

Or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. That was a hard rock jam that didn't jell. A jell-o jam.

I love Neil but he stepped on Jimmy every time Jimmy made a move to solo, it was killing me. Then Plant got a guitar and made some noise. Page was rolling his eyes and shrugging his shoulders by the end of WTLB!

I love Neil but he stepped on Jimmy every time Jimmy made a move to solo, it was killing me. Then Plant got a guitar and made some noise. Page was rolling his eyes and shrugging his shoulders by the end of WTLB!

Not Me Steve, sorry, Neil Young sings the most boring/misserable songs in Rock History that i've ever heard, and as Lynyrd Skynyrd say in their Classic, "Sweet Home Alabama"

"Well I hope Neil Young Will Remember, A Southern Man, Dont Need Him Around, Anyhow"

And i second that.

Regards, Danny

Not Me Steve, sorry, Neil Young sings the most boring/misserable songs in Rock History that i've ever heard, and as Lynyrd Skynyrd say in their Classic, "Sweet Home Alabama"

"Well I hope Neil Young Will Remember, A Southern Man, Dont Need Him Around, Anyhow"

And i second that.

Regards, Danny

I must say I've heard people not like Neil Young for his vocals but never heard him called boring :o Each to his own. I happen to think he's an outstanding songwriter :beer:

And i second that.

Regards, Danny

Ronnie was a Neil Young fan though. I've got a dvd of theirs and hes wearing a Neil Young t-shirt. B)

You know of course that that was in rebuttal to Young's song "Southern Man", and that Skynyrd and Young share a mutual admiration. What am I saying? Of course you do! :lol:

I must say I've heard people not like Neil Young for his vocals but never heard him called boring :o Each to his own. I happen to think he's an outstanding songwriter :beer:

Hi 9, Ev and Tom,

To get jumped by 3 of you is i must say very thrilling, i have just seen a documentary of his where he tells about his life and music and his early relationship with Manson. He just comes across so miserable in his Music, not a Man whos Happy but a man whos Really Sad.

I didnt criticise his Songwriting 9 just his Singing and i stand by that, its like he has Manic Depression or something similar, there must be some Happy moments in his Dark life, and i didnt like the way he disrespected Jimmy on the occation of Led Zeppelins induction in to RNRHOF, and i wanted to create some sort of responce to his hijacking of the songs they did together, a Southern man still dont need him around though. :lol:

PS, Apart from that, i do really like the guys Music, although you might never have know if you had just read my post on him. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Archived