FICTION! Led Zeppelin's 2009-10 World Tour

SteveAJones

FICTION

Montreal Gazette

September 22nd 2009

Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour Starts in Montreal

Author: Denise I. O'Neal

It's probably the music world's second most anticipated reunion tour (only the guys from Liverpool could top it) and it's starting here. Led Zeppelin launch their "Mothership - The Only Way to Fly" tour in Montreal this Friday at the Bell Centre. The showtime is 9 p.m.

Tickets are sold out.

FICTION

Montreal Gazette

September 22nd 2009

Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour Starts in Montreal

Author: Denise I. O'Neal

It's probably the music world's second most anticipated reunion tour (only the guys from Liverpool could top it) and it's starting here. Led Zeppelin launch their "Mothership - The Only Way to Fly" tour in Montreal this Friday at the Bell Centre. The showtime is 9 p.m.

Tickets are sold out.

We know the "official" Led Zeppelin website won't be able to handle the deluge come Friday evening. I've been throwing darts trying to figure what songs may or may not be in the setlist. I'm hoping they mix it up on their swansong tour and make each night unpredictable. Friday won't get here soon enough!

FICTION

ZNN News Update/ September 21, 2009

AN OCEAN OF FANS AWAIT THE OPENING IN FOUR DAYS AS THE MIGHTY ZEPPELIN TAKE TO THE STAGE AT 9:00PM AT BELL CENTRE

Led Zeppelin arrived today to begin rehearsals for the Mothership-The Only Way To Fly opeing night event this Friday.They spent the day as reported in a private school rehearsing, then spent the evening with a few friends for dinner.

Production and staging are under way and should begin set up at The Bell Centre Wednesday afternoon.

We can honestly report we have never seen anything like this. The city is alive and then people seem to be on some kind of musical high.

City officials have reported that restaurants, attractions to name a few are benefiting from the Ocean of fans visiting their great city.

We have confirmed that the most coveted tickets, most of which went to the Forum fans are tickets to what is called The Golden Circle These tickets are reported to be a work of art. Shaped like a Zeppelin in a brilliant silver color with gold lettering embossed with the name of the tour with the four rock gods faces embedded in the background.

A few counterfeit tickets have surfaced, but authorities along with Led Zeppelins management seem to have this under control.

Quite a few of the Forum fan members have already arrived. We can report that one of the memebers actually joined them for dinner.

Many of the fans on the Forum live in the area and surrounding area of Montreal. As reported hotels are booked to capacity and these fans have opened their homes to the Forum fans in need of a place to stay. We spoke to fans today, Roxie, Ally, Juliet, Zepp4Life,Cletus, Babs,timithy5151,Electra and Puck Slapping Maple Sucker to name a few. We couldn't make these names up! This is surely a close, loyal set of fans.

We actually talked with one of the local Forum fans today, an extremely attractive yet friendly man named Ronniedawg and received a quote " The very reason I play bass is John Paul Jones" Mr Ronniedawg is one of the lucky ones to receive the Golden Circle ticket.

We also had located another Forum member at the Starbucks with an attractive companian We spoke to the Sorcerer's Apprentice, this is the same gentleman we tried to get a more detailed comment than we did than from our earlier discussion. His comment " I am still an enigma"

Fans are still reportedly waiting for the dates for the 2nd leg of US tour scheduled Spring 2010. Our sources say Los Angeles is on the schedule possibly at the Forum or the Long Beach Arena. We will confirm this as we get more detailed information.

We have to say this has to be the biggest reunion tour in decades. We just don't see how any other band could create this type of massive response we are witnessing. Announced tour dates sold out within an hour of the announcement!

Following this Friday's opening event the MSG events in NY 9/26,27/09 will be next. New York continues to prepare for this to be the event that makes the city a city that truly doesn't sleep.

Many more fans arrive tomorrow and we hope to have the opportunity to speak with them. We will update you as information comes in.

OMG!!! :cheer:

I just found out I'm going to the 9/26 show at MSG!!!!!

I had been in a really bad mood all day, ever since I found out that all the tickets reserved for the Forum members were all gone & I missed out.

My husband came home from work & asked if I was ready to go to dinner, but I told him that I had no appetite & didn't want to go out.

So he said that he would have to give me my birthday present now so I would feel better. He went into the closet & came out with a small,long, thin box.

Great, I thought- a stupid piece of jewelry.

I ripped off the ribbon & paper, and opened the box.

And there it was- a ticket to the show on 9/26!!!

It's made of silver foil & is in the shape of a zeppelin, with "Led Zeppelin 2009-2010 Mothership Tour" embossed in gold lettering, and has holograms of Jimmy, Robert, John Paul & Jason's faces on it. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

so, who else on here will be at MSG on Saturday? Maybe we can all meet somewhere in the city before the show?

FICTION

I will be there. I have already reserved a room at the W Times Square for both events! Can't wait to see everyone. Taking time to visit a few friends in Manhattan while I am there. We can talk Friday, you have my cell number. I catch my flight to Montreal in the morning, so anyone staying at The Ritz-Carlton....find me:-)

FICTION:

BONZO JR. STOKED FOR ZEPPELIN TOUR

After the successful one off reunion concert at London's 02 Arena in December 2007, Jason Bonham seemed fit to take his new gig, filling in for his late father as drummer to the legendary rock band Led Zeppelin, on the road. But it seemed this would only be a dream for the rest of us. Not anymore! Announced this past week, the Hammer of the Gods are returning for what should easily be the single biggest reunion tour in the history of recorded music. Rolling Stone caught up with Jason in London where he took time off from rehearsals to discuss the future of the greatest hard rock band of all time.

RS: So this is it? It's finally happening...

JB: What is and what should never be..

(Both pause until Jason starts laughing his ass off)

RS: I take it your excited.

JB: Well, I'm just thrilled to be given the chance to play with those guys again. They've been my extended family my whole life..and it doesn't hurt that I've been their biggest fan for as long so...yes, I'm excited.

RS: When did it become obvious this was actually going to happen?

JB: John Paul Jones rang me in early August saying rehearsals for a new album were back on and Robert was interested this time around. I thought, "Christ, what a terrible liar." But sure enough, when I showed up to the studio, Robert was there.

RS: Was there any second guessing the chances of it actually happening?

JB: I just said Robert was there. In fact, I knew he was really on board when Jimmy walked out of the sound room and Robert pulls out this dry cleaners garment. We were all like, "What's that?" The bastard had steamed and pressed Page's classic black dragon suit. We all fell over laughing...that's when I knew it was on!

RS: Was the chemistry there like it was reported to have been for rehearsals for the 2007 show?

JB: Yes, and even more so. Believe it or not, there isn't any pressure or atleast it doesn't feel like there is at the moment. We all know why we're here and it's just to have a good time and play music...and to make the girls...ahem women go crazy!

RS: I take it Robert isn't wearing his trade mark revealing jeans?

JB: Are you kidding? After we were done chuckling about Jimmy's suit, he pulled out a pair of Robert's old slacks and kindly presented them, steamed and pressed as well.

RS: What will Led Zeppelin sound like in 2009-10, on record and live?

JB: Our sound is very heavy. I can't equate it to much on the scene right now because it doesn't sound like anyone else but Led Zeppelin.

RS: How many tracks will this new album consist of?

JB: We have 7 pretty much finished as of today and a few more being worked out, with arraignments and mixing.

RS: Page is known for being a perfectionist as a producer and engineer. How has working with him inspired you in the studio?

JB: Well, I've recorded with Jimmy since the 80s so I know what he's all about. But to be honest, now that it's Led Zeppelin recording, there's definitely something different in the atmosphere. You can see it in his eyes and hear it in his fingers when he plays.

RS: Different as in dynamic?

JB: Different as in purpose.

RS: How is Robert's voice doing shrieking out the old numbers? He has gone a bit softer in recent years with Alison Krauss.

JB: When he wants to belt out like a banshee, he bloody well can.

RS: What classic songs are we expecting to hear? Any oldies that will make their live debut, ala For Your Life?

JB: Robert was joking about updating Ten Years Gone, but (laughing) I'd say you'll just have to buy a ticket and take the ride.

RS: NO hints?

JB: Well, Jimmy has been running through Heartbreaker quite alot. I know he was alittle disappointed we didn't play it at the O2 Show. He's been kind enough to remind us on more than one occasion since then that he can still play the bloody thing.

RS: And Stairway?

JB: I'm sure there will be newlyweds somewhere in the audience.

RS: I noticed the tour kicks off September 25th in Montreal. Obviously, that day has come to mean so much to the Zeppelin community and you and your family personally. Any thoughts of breaking out Moby Dick for your dad?

JB:(Smiling) Well to be honest, I have been working on an extended drum solo when the chaps have gone for lunch every day. I think kicking off the tour on the 25th with a salute to dad in that fashion would set the tone for what we want to do on this tour.

RS: And what exactly is that?

JB: Blow the bloody lot outta the water!

FICTION

ZNN Update Early Addition/September 22, 2009

SETLIST OR DREAMLIST TO THE MIGHY ZEPPELINS OPENING NIGHT EVENT TO KICK OFF THEIR WORLD TOUR

We have possible breaking news regarding Led Zeppelins Mothership-The Only Way To Fly opening night event at Bell Centre to kick off their 2009/2010 World Tour. Our sources have reported the set list to be the following:

1.) Dazed and Confused

2.) You Shook Me

3.) What Is And What Should Never Be

4.) Since I've Been loving You

5.) Rock & Roll

6.) Stairway to Heaven

7.) The Ocean

8.) No Quarter

9.) Rain Song

10.)In My Time Of Dying

11.)Kashmir

11.)I'm Gonna Crawl

12 & 13 This will be new music on their upcoming new release.

We will get back to you as soon as we have confirmation from our sources. Of course their fans probably have an idea as to their dreamlist, but no matter what is played we are sure the fans will soak in every note this Friday.

We have also learned that all of Led Zeppelins music in all record, music, or any store that normally carries their music is sold out. Demand for this obviously loved band is increasing at a rate that production to stock their material is now at least months behind. As journalist we have never reported on anything as big as this is becoming!

FICTION

This just in from ZNN: Inquiries into the confirmation of the Rome event have been made since Led Zeppelin's one and only concert appearance in Italy ended under very bad circumstances. A reliable source close to the band's management has confirmed a green light for the Rome date and the boys were comfortable with their decision to give the Italians another go. They felt that these are different times than the turbulent 70's and todays fans are a modern class of concert goers and they did not anticipate any problems like what happen in Milan. Security will be "tight but loose" so as not to cause any tension between the fans and authorities although sources did elude to a possible secure quick escape route in place "just in case".

FICTION

Had breakfast this morning with a friend who was on his way to another full day of rehearsal:

jimmy_page_256.jpg

...meanwhile these posters have been seen throughout Montreal:

FictionPoster.jpg

FICTION

Where were Robert, JPJ and Jason this morning? Leaving Atlanta on a 7AM flight, hope to be there by noon the latest.

I know I only covered 2009 dates, but this is in hope more dates will come in 2010:-)

Dates? Now that's thinking..

jimmy_page_256.jpg

Engineering whiz James Patrick Page invents computer screen Ray Ban shades. He can surf the web with the power of his mind while sucking down :beer: and JD Neat.

Ray Ban Computer Shades Copyrighted and licensed to James Patrick B)

pagey1.jpgI said Veal rare damn it. A man must have nourishment before he can play. All I got were these knobs to turn.

1. This knob turns on young girls

2. This knob releases me knob from me trousers.

3. This knob makes me god.

4. Hmmmm, now let me see here?

FOOD, NOW BE OFF WITH YOU!

:guitar_mood:

FICTION

ZNN Breaking News Early Edition/September 22, 2009

RARE POSTERS OF THE MIGHTY ZEPPELIN ARE READY FOR RELEASE!

While several posters of the event have being spotted around the city, there will be a rare limited edition ready for the fans to purchase on Thursday morning beginning at 9:00AM. Only 10,000 of these will be available. The Forum members will have first option to own this classic piece. We are beginning to hear from our sources that there will be several special pieces of memorabilia associated with the opening night. We do have a picture of the rare poster and will bring you additional information as it is received.

ZeppelinFictionPoster2.jpg

FICTION

This from the Sirius XM Radio website:

Starting Friday Sept. 25 and continuing until the end of their North American tour, Sirius XM will be bringing back by popular demand their Led Zeppelin Channel. The channel, to be called Mothership Radio, will be temporarily replacing Hair Nation (Sirius ch. 23, XM ch. 41). Mothership Radio will be traveling with the Led Zeppelin tour, broadcasting live reports directly from the arenas. Be sure to catch Pat St. John (Deep Tracks), Dusty Street (Classic Vinyl), Carol Miller (Classic Rewind), and Eddie Trunk (Boneyard) as they play your favorite Zeppelin music and bring you live reports, exclusive interviews and maybe a few surprises as well.

All starting this Friday- live from the Bell Centre in Montreal!

FICTION

Source: The Daily Telegraph

Led Zeppelin announce Australian dates for upcoming reunion tour

Led Zeppelin, the iconic heavy metal band of the 1970's have just announced plans to tour Australia in 2010. This marks the first time in 38 years since the band toured down under.

Dates confirmed

20th January 2010 Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

23th January 2010 Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane (only indoor show of the tour)

27th January 2010 ANZ Stadium, Sydney

1st February 2010 Eden Park, New Zealand

In a statement released by the band earlier today 'Led Zeppelin are all looking forward to returning to Australia to perform and promise it will be an event not to be missed'

Flagged by a 20 piece orchestra and a stage/lighting rig to rival the Stones, Led Zeppelin means business. Rehearsals are currenting taking place in Toronto as we speak, and the band is keeping a tight lid on the setlist. An insider told us '..to expect the unexpected' but added 'the set does include all the classics'

In an interview last week the groups guitarist, producer and founder, Jimmy Page was asked 'So are you going play Stairway to Heaven?' to which Page replied 'Well we are working on a special arrangement of that at the moment, but i can't give to much away...' Page also alluded that there maybe a 'chance' of new material being performed 'We've got a lot of new ideas so who knows?'

Robert Plant, the groups vocalist who for years has said no to any notion of a Led Zeppelin reformation has eaten some of his own humble pie it seems, as Plant sees it 'For years i was trying to put distance between me and Zep, i completely forgot how much of 'me' is in Led Zeppelin, so i am happy that we are still around and vital, we are playing music and means a great deal to not only me but the people who have supported us throughout this journey and besides if we don't do it now, we will never do it..'

John Paul Jones, the groups bass player and arranger, and more recently a member of Them Crooked Vultures is just happy to be playing again 'I have really missed performing in front of audiences, when we got back together for the O2 gig and the audience gave us that reception, it was incredible so hopefully this tour will make up for lost time'

On drums they have recruited Jason Bonham (son of John Bonham, Led Zeppelin's original powerhouse drummer who died in 1980) as they had for the 2007 O2 concert in London. Bonham Jr is ready for the job at hand 'It's a dream come true for me, the guys have been so supportive, i can't wait to blast off!'

Led Zeppelin remains one of the most influential bands of all time, they are second only to the Beatles in terms of record sales, having sold 84 million units. With this tour (undoubtly the biggest reunion of all time) and it's projected sales they may just go over the top...

Tickets go on sale Monday 28th September 9.00am thru Ticketek

Robert plant grabbing some breakfast in Double Bay 1996

post-1271-125363398407_thumb.jpg

FICTION

A very exciting-sounding exclusive Georgia, USA acoustic show has been confirmed! This was in the Creative Loafing over a week ago, but my blind ass just saw it this morning!

Led Zeppelin Going Small in Georgia?

9/14/09, 9:32 am EST

ZepWithJason.jpg

Led Zeppelin in 2007

As we all know, it was recently announced that Led Zeppelin would do a world tour in support of a new album. Wide-spread reaction has been generally positive and quite a bit of (almost over-)excitement. Canada and UK tour dates have already been confirmed.

However...

In a very odd turn, Robert Plant confirmed that Led Zeppelin would stop by a small bar in Atlanta known as Smith's Olde Bar for a one hour acoustic set. Very few will be able to get in, but Led Zeppelin will be allowing anyone with any kind of taping equipment to bring that equipment and tape the show. Their only request was that copies of all audio and video made be sent to them for consideration in a possible official release (an address will be given to tapers at the door). Free sharing of the tapes will still be allowed, however.

Them Crooked Vultures will join them onstage for a few numbers in the set. Plant also said that Alison Krauss would, in fact, be joining them for Battle of Evermore.

Plant promised a few surprises in acoustic numbers never or rarely played before (he said possible inclusions include Hats Off to Roy Harper, Thank You [acoustic], Your Time is Gonna Come, and Hey Hey what can I Do.), plus some new material

The date for this has been confirmed as September 30, the night after their Atlanta show at the Phillips Arena.

"We wanted to do this," said Plant, " because it's not something we've done before. It will be a very intimate, very laid back set. We're expecting a sort of 'jazz' atmosphere here, with people sitting at tables, eating, drinking, and listening. We all agree it will be fun and a very nice break. And we thought Smith's would be perfect because it's small, and that's what we want for this... small."

The tickets go on sale tomorrow, but we are not allowed to say where. We were told by Harvey Goldsmith that only three specific Led Zeppelin forums and certain small college campuses around the Metro Atlanta area will be alerted to the tickets going on sale, in an effort to keep the amount of tickets sold from exceeding the capacity of Smith's Olde Bar. All tickets are a flat rate of $25 each, and a very limited quantity will be sold.

Led Zeppelin had their heyday in the 70's. Starting in 1968 from the ashes of The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin forged their way to become the greatest band of all-time all the way up September 25, 1980, when their formidable drummer, John Henry "Bonzo" Bonham died at the age of 32 of pulmonary edema (waterlogging of the lungs caused by inhalation of vomit). They then had four reunions (Live Aid July 13, 1985, Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary May 1988, Rock and Roll hall of Fame January 12, 1995, and the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert December 10, 2007). Jimmy Page and Robert Plant toured from 1994 to 1998 as Page/Plant.

Recently, Plant has toured with Alison Krauss for their Raising Sand project, and John Paul Jones has started a group called Them Crooked Vultures with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme. TCV will be travelling with Led Zeppelin on this new tour.

I ordered my tickets to this show a couple minutes ago (one of the last). I'll also be going to the main show at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta. I even got a backstage pass and I get to hang out with the band before and after the show! Oh yeah... and I'll be there for their pre-show rehearsal/soundcheck! I'll give you my reviews after I've seen 'em both...

FICTION

ZNN News Update/September 22, 2009

FANS CONTINUE TO POUR INTO MONTREAL FOR THE MIGHTY ZEPPELIN

We are now three days away from the opening of the Led Zeppelin Mothership-The Only Way To Fly World Tour. The sreets from Pearson Airport in Toronto to the Bell Centre are literally lined up as the staging is being transported to the venue. Fans are hoping to catch a glance at what their Mighty Zeppelin are planning for this monumental event Friday night at 9:00PM. In typical Led Zeppelin fashion every detail has been closely guarded.

It is being reported that Jason Bonham the son of beloved drummer John Bonham has been working on a drum solo to honor what is considered to have been the greatest drummer in music history and who he called Dad. We are still trying to confirm details.

Jimmy Page, guitarist and architect of the band is said to be wearing the signature black suit with silver sequins and Robert Plant, vocalist will be bare chested with the signature jeans and tossled blond mane of hair that has always made him the physical presence that drove the ladies wild. We currently have no information on the attire regarding the man who initiated this event, John Paul Jones, bass & keyboards, but we are continuing to try to uncover as many details as we can.

We are also trying to confirm the title of the new release. Our sources tell us they have heard "The Roar Of The Ocean" has been one as well as "The Music Makes You Wonder", but again we are trying to get confirmation of this.

Extra police have been assigned due to the volume of people the city is experiencing, however there are no incidents to report. The crowd is still reeling with anticipation.

We hope to catch up with a few of the devoted fans later today to get comments. We will continue to bring you coverage as we receive it.

*quick side question... how should the set lists look? Will they be pretty much the same from show-to-show? Is there a certain number of songs at each show? Maybe an acoustic set for some shows? Or can we just make them up as we go?*

*quick side question... how should the set lists look? Will they be pretty much the same from show-to-show? Is there a certain number of songs at each show? Maybe an acoustic set for some shows? Or can we just make them up as we go?*

FICTION

The band has kept this guarded, so who knows, maybe you and others can come up with the information? :-)

FICTION

ZNN News Update/September 22, 2009

We' also trying to confirm the title of the new release. Our sources tell us they have heard "The Roar Of The Ocean" has been one as well as "The Music Makes You Wonder", but again we are trying to get confirmation of this.

FICTION

I've heard it's "Spaghetti Junction" but I've also heard the title has become the source of a mild power struggle within the band as each member has a different suggestion. This is not expected to delay the album's release,

tentatively slated for Thanksgiving.

The band has final decision on the setlists. Undoubtedly, the setlists will become known as reviews are posted. In some instances, there may be a discrepancy between reviews, for example one may say they opened with

a certain number while another says a different number. Completely acceptable, for each of us experiences a concert - indeed a reunion tour - in our own unique way, particularly when the event is all in our head. I hope

this thread continues to serve to further fuel our collective imagination.

Archived