Led Zeppelin will not tour in 2008

ludwigking

Nobody is trying to pick a fight....and nobody does'nt NOT want to see this reunion....which is still a one off gig to all involved except for one person (Jimmy) that is now buzzed at the thought of possibly doing more. Then people read into that as YES, it's going to happen......like Jimmy controls Robert's and JPJ's lives.....one of which has his feet wet in other projects. TSRTS/Mothership reissue has been in the plans of a release for over a year now....before Ahmet's passing...and people still think it's Jimmy putting stuff out just in time for the 02 and a 2008 tour.

The only problem I see here is kids w/ Veruca Salt attitudes screaming "I want, I want". Get over it. If it happens, great, but don't go spreading rumors that it's a certainty when it's not. And simply saying "we'll see what they say after the 02" only lends to more hype and more than likely...false hope. I'd rather not expect it, and be surprised by the news than to depend on it and be let down. It's bad enough how many people cried about a ticket to the 02.

besides...evester put it the best......they owe you/me nothing!!!! Especially a band that died 27 yrs ago and has'nt played more than a handfull of songs on a stage as a surviving trio since that time. It is Ahmet Ertegun that was worthy of recieving a one off show....no one else on this board is! Period!

you've made your point clear many times, attitude, veruca salt(?!), this and that...yaddah yaddah yaddah. why bother? you're not going to make anyone "see the light", but you might annoy someone. evester has made his opinions known as well. 2 bad some feel their opinions are more valid than others.

I agree, I'd love to see Jimmy produce and release some UNCUT live shows down the road. But that's all I'm asking for. Anything else is an unexpected bonus. I expect NOTHING.

If they ever saw some of the silly crap here, that alone might discourage a future gig/tour.

:rolleyes:

I agree, I'd love to see Jimmy produce and release some UNCUT live shows down the road. But that's all I'm asking for. Anything else is an unexpected bonus. I expect NOTHING.

If they ever saw some of the silly crap here, that alone might discourage a future gig/tour.

:rolleyes:

Nobody complained when the Stooges went back on tour.

So why in hell would Plant want to sing Whole Lotta Love or Stairway on a regular touring basis now? Is this (and a lot of other Zeppelin songs) reflective of his current life as it is right now?

That's been a lot of Plant's past rhetoric. He says he wants to keep moving forward, but he has been playing Zep songs in his solo act pretty consistently since 1988. I mean, all of his "time to move on" and "I was a different person then" crap lost all creditibility by No Quarter. So I think his only REAL requirement to feel comfortable is to mix in new material rather than do an all classics set.

Nobody complained when the Stooges went back on tour.

Nope, you're absolutely right! Saw them myself, it was a lot of fun.

All I'm saying is, if Zep decides to tour, I'll be happy as hell and will definitely see a couple of shows. But if not, I'm not going to get all tweaked about it. It's up to them. I don't EXPECT them to tour after this. It would be nice though. :)

That's been a lot of Plant's past rhetoric. He says he wants to keep moving forward, but he has been playing Zep songs in his solo act pretty consistently since 1988. I mean, all of his "time to move on" and "I was a different person then" crap lost all creditibility by No Quarter. So I think his only REAL requirement to feel comfortable is to mix in new material rather than do an all classics set.

Well perhaps that really is the case then. Still, I don't think what Plant does solo with regard to singing classic Zeppelin tunes should really have any bearing on a full blown Zep reunion and tour. From what I've heard, he puts his own twist or spin on old warhorses like Whole Lotta Love......he doesn't sing it straight. He doesn't front his own Zeppelin cover band, does he.

Hey in any event, I'm a minority on this board when I say they shouldn't tour........but if that's what you're personally hoping for then I hope it works out the way you want it to.

Regards;

That's been a lot of Plant's past rhetoric. He says he wants to keep moving forward, but he has been playing Zep songs in his solo act pretty consistently since 1988. I mean, all of his "time to move on" and "I was a different person then" crap lost all creditibility by No Quarter.

Are you sure about that? I recall that somebody persuaded him to play his old stuff (perhaps from Now & Zen - era). Before that he outright REFUSED to play it. It was then Page who persuaded him to make that NQ tour too.

Sure, he plays his old stuff nowdays with SS too but uh, i'm pretty sure he doesn't want to do the Zeppelin as much anymore as in MOANING, SCREAMING, I AM THE GOLDEN GOD.

pst rokarolla u r just jeloz that wi r rite also judas priest - rockka rolla :UGHUGHUGH:

Move on please............don't tour, there's no need to.

exactly. I love Zep as much as the next guy, but it always seems cheesy and greedy to me when long dead bands decide to try touring again, and a new album would make me lose all respect for all three of them, that would relegate them into the likes of every craptastic Lynyrd Skynyrd, Styx, Kansas, we-don't-know-when-to-move-on band out there. this reunion is pushing the envelope on their legend, if they even mess up one note, or Plant can't reach as high as people want him to, the media will crush them into the ground as another worthless bunch of old men who don't know when to give up. a tour would just give more chances for this to happen. I could deal with a tour that was pulled off well, but a new album would send them down the drain with my respect for them. wrap it up with a bang at O2, then move on, please, don't ruin the legacy. people would go spastic if they tried playing a single concert without Page or Plant, why is Bonham any different?? they should have quit when Bonham died, they didn't and we all know about the rather crappy "reunions" they tried since that happened. Please use O2 as a chance to erase that, and end it on a high note.

I've never seen Zep, or had a chance to, and I won't be seeing them at O2, and personally, I'd rather see them never play again after O2 then take the risk of ruining it all.

Are you sure about that? I recall that somebody persuaded him to play his old stuff (perhaps from Now & Zen - era). Before that he outright REFUSED to play it.

Yeah, "somebody" convinced Robert Plant...what?

It was then Page who persuaded him to make that NQ tour too.

name one source.

Sure, he plays his old stuff nowdays with SS too but uh, i'm pretty sure he doesn't want to do the Zeppelin as much anymore as in MOANING, SCREAMING, I AM THE GOLDEN GOD.

moaning, yes. screaming, yes. I am the golden God...no. 1 out of 3 ain't bad. Have you seen SS or at least the Soundstage DVD?

pst rokarolla u r just jeloz that wi r rite also judas priest - rockka rolla :UGHUGHUGH:
You have drilled down to the very core of my posts. I am just jealous that you (all) are right... Are you clairvoyant? You also reference Judas Priest:Rocka-rolla(Coca-Cola). I think Rob Halford had hair back then. Hard to believe they were around 6 years before "living after midnight". Doubtless someone will lay some early Priest on me.

WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE O2 SHOW MONDAY FOLKS!!!! This news is not the truth until you hear the official news from the band themselves after the O2. Just wait next week, and maybe they'll decide themselves! I will not believe this until I hear any official news of a tour after the O2. Use common sense.

I heard Jimmy say this too. It is a wait and see approach. I think Plant thinks that Jimmy is just fooling around, but I say he is serous about touring. His voice is my concern.

I heard Jimmy say this too. It is a wait and see approach. I think Plant thinks that Jimmy is just fooling around, but I say he is serous about touring. His voice is my concern.

If Led Zeps tours next summer, the stadium shows they could do in the US would revitalize rock n roll and the concert inustry.

I'd love to see it.

exactly. I love Zep as much as the next guy, but it always seems cheesy and greedy to me when long dead bands decide to try touring again, and a new album would make me lose all respect for all three of them, that would relegate them into the likes of every craptastic Lynyrd Skynyrd, Styx, Kansas, we-don't-know-when-to-move-on band out there. this reunion is pushing the envelope on their legend, if they even mess up one note, or Plant can't reach as high as people want him to, the media will crush them into the ground as another worthless bunch of old men who don't know when to give up. a tour would just give more chances for this to happen. I could deal with a tour that was pulled off well, but a new album would send them down the drain with my respect for them. wrap it up with a bang at O2, then move on, please, don't ruin the legacy. people would go spastic if they tried playing a single concert without Page or Plant, why is Bonham any different?? they should have quit when Bonham died, they didn't and we all know about the rather crappy "reunions" they tried since that happened. Please use O2 as a chance to erase that, and end it on a high note.

I've never seen Zep, or had a chance to, and I won't be seeing them at O2, and personally, I'd rather see them never play again after O2 then take the risk of ruining it all.

You make a good point. But the Eagles and the Doobie Brothers Clapton, sound great recently, so maybe LZ can pull it off too. Let's hope.

A lot of fans never got the chance to see them live back in the day. I'm lucky I was able to. This band had / has a lot of energy. If they can go out there and give it their best shot, I wouldn't mind it, I'd go see them again. I don't like the high ticket prices for these reunion tours in general or for most concert's these days. $400+ for a Stones ticket was way too much.

As a musician, I suspect it's a "wait and see" approach. You can have the best rehearsals, the best of intentions and come the day of a show, anything can happen. You can kick ass and all the energy is there or bomb from the beginning of the set list. It's how the universe works for music groups when you're working with that "organic energy" of creativity. Of course working bands with plenty of shows just plow on and work through it.

They should just go out there and have fun and do whatever they want one way or another. Don't worry about anything. That's the whole point about being a musician in the first place.

A Led Zeppelin Tour in 2008 would make millions of people very happy. It would be the biggest concert draw in history. It would pack the largest venues to capacity. It would bring traffic to a stand still. It would bring world peace. It would reverse global warming and cure aids and cancer. Is that a good enough reason for the greatest band on earth to tour?

As I said we'll wait 'til we hear official news from the band. Jimmy Page even said plenty of times, "Wait until we play the O2, then we'll speak".

this concert will be so awesome that i think these gentleman will want to continue i have a large lakefront property on lake michigan in chicago that they can use to play to their old chicago stadium fans at .please jimmy :D

To be honest i think that they will announce it at the O2 or shortly after. They have said a lot of stuff that would really let fans down if they didnt tour and after what Ian Astbury from the Cult said, i am thinking that a tour is becoming more and more likely. As Jimmy said it would be a bit unfair to just do one show.

But nothing is set and i wouldnt be suprised but just like everyone else on this forum i am hoping for the best.

There are different things that I think may happen:

1) Robert decides to leave rock altogether and continue with Alison Krauss. In The Sunday Times today he said that "the last shriek will be tomorrow."

2) Led Zeppelin - Page/Plant/Jones/Jason Bonham do one last world tour, playing the biggest stadiums around the world to fulfil demand and write of Zeppelin completely.

4) Led Zeppelin release a new album then tour and continue as they are now with Plant still doing his thing with Alison - many artists in bands have a solo career running alongside.

5) Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones/Jason Bonham tour together, not under the name Led Zeppelin, doing gigs once in a while around the world with another singer (Page/Jones/Jason Bomham and the Black Crowes?). If they did this this may coax Robert into doing another tour.

6) Everybody goes back to their solo careers - Robert releases another Strange Sensation album, Jimmy releases his long awaited solo album (he could alway do a Santana and have many different singers guesting) and JPJ releases another solo album. I think that this looks the most likely.

Well theres my opinions. :)

I'm all for a tour in 2008 I mean I'd sell my kidney for ticket money if I had to I never had the chance to see them back in the day cause I'm only 19. They really need to tour its the most wanted reunion ever and if they do just one last tour it would be awesome and talked about for years just like zeppelin has been talked about for the past 39 years.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, because i got a little bored with the whole argument on the 2nd-3rd pages about zeppelin "owing us"...etc, but Ian Astbury, lead singer of the cult announced in cincinnati during a show that they will "be back next year to open for a band that starts with an L and has a Z in it." when a fan shouted out Led Zeppelin, he nodded his head in agreeance. but i mean what does it matter, tomorrow is the 10th so we'll all know soon enough.

but i've got to say...if they do a reunion tour this summer i'm going to cream myself!!...especially if they end up playing bonnaroo!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, because i got a little bored with the whole argument on the 2nd-3rd pages about zeppelin "owing us"...etc, but Ian Astbury, lead singer of the cult announced in cincinnati during a show that they will "be back next year to open for a band that starts with an L and has a Z in it." when a fan shouted out Led Zeppelin, he nodded his head in agreeance. but i mean what does it matter, tomorrow is the 10th so we'll all know soon enough.

Um, yes, it's been mentioned numerous times in numerous threads and topics throughout the board. Take time to look around or do a search for Cult Astburyor Cincinnati and you'll quickly find it. Your laziness is wasting bandwidth.

I'm going to bed to dream of going to the O2 tonight, which of course, I'm not. But before I go...

Plant's been trading off Zep's reputation all along as have the other two and to an extent young Master Bonham. They were LED ZEPPELIN!! Or related. One of the most famous bands in the world. Plant has been the 'worst' offender but then, of the three he's had the highest consistent profile as far as a continuing career goes. He had a hand inwriting and creating the music so I guess he's got a right to play it and mess with it.

I believe the Unplugged show was offered to Plant and it was him that decided to get in touch with Jimmy.

I just wish the teasing would stop and they'd say yes or no. And Ian Astbury's a plonker, I've seen the Cult a few times over the years, the last being in front of a Glasgow festival crowd where he regaled the audience with the story of how he was born in Glasgow with a broad, put-on Glaswegian accent that I'd never heard him use before, he's a bizarre little man and not fit to clean Percy's shoes.

Time's running out for all of us, I'd hate to drop dead tomorrow and look down fron a Hendrix gig in the sky to see Zep playing my hometown, and I was born the same year as the band.

Archived