Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bigstickbonzo

I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, Anjin-san said:

Filmed local Sean,...

"Sometime the shark go away.Sometime he wouldn't go away."

Indeed. That is why it was part of the New England Nightmares series at the Cinematheque. ūüėŹ

Damn. Josh Brolin is making a lot of movies lately. Every time I look he's got a new one coming out. Just saw his latest...Benecio Del Toro is great in it, too. Makes me glad I don't work at the border.

Sicario-Day-of-the-Soldado-poster-600x890.thumb.jpg.3d91362ad0365c972b5013db746d4cb3.jpg

This one started out pretty funny, but then it just got weird and silly. Like it was trying too hard to be like "Get Out".

sorry-bother-red-band-poster-main.thumb.jpg.7599d656b33d8f532a792682ce253b43.jpg

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a sneak preview of this last night. Tom Cruise saves the world again (with interesting interrogation tactics involving Wolf Blitzer) and breaks his ankle on a stunt in the process. Great summer popcorn action movie. You'll enjoy it and probably forget it in a month.

Mission-Impossible-Fallout-Poster-3.thumb.jpg.db0dc34df13803bfa142e06bc622d906.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July roundup...week one.

The_Natrual.thumb.JPG.f7e9cf785a323d8419b3b43ba2d6a7cf.JPG

49bf14169ce46626d40eaefba3a8ebcf.thumb.jpg.9a942e1d84695287ae38b991326d4ea1.jpg

inception-poster.thumb.jpg.919ab59f9c60503c75f1324736e22606.jpg

936full-dark-city-poster.thumb.jpg.8f514ec8a4f9f37615cf10b064937be1.jpg

cube.thumb.jpg.cc02855eea8fa44894fe5d8e2b46c716.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July roundup...week two.

Still George Lucas' best film.S

2017-03-12_11-50-05.thumb.jpg.b66b9bee97bf03c8abd4994b02c851d0.jpg

Had the hots for Kathleen Turner in the 1980s.

Peggy-Sue-Got-Married-Theatrical-Poster-Courtesy-of.thumb.jpg.ce93b0cbc8517e3095233e8f3f96d387.jpg

Prime 1970s drive-in sleaze.

justthetwoofusposterbig.jpg.2ee006d20eb4daae085de7e4928ccd5a.jpg

1255569599_ReservoirDogs(1992)Original.thumb.jpg.bc076961b408aac6afeeb8d418c06cb5.jpg

Probably Michael Caine's most badass role.

large_iMGQfKxKemnw8fqNrcObpM2Ve90.jpg.5785e56dbe80cf4b8b9bcb845478ea67.jpg

Christian Slater as a skateboarder...so yeah, cheesy.

gleaming-the-cube-ad-thrasher-fix.thumb.jpg.1d4a4d866fff34a95058cf9b85e4b5ac.jpg

A surfer from Arizona...so yeah, really cheesy. But with a side of hot Nia Peeples.

MPW-74333.thumb.jpeg.ff0b5259e64fb17884d890f211758312.jpeg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July...week three.

I thought I had seen everything by Fassbinder. Then this pops up. Wunderbar.

images-w1400.thumb.jpg.40270c71cea6e3069a9dee331e5e746c.jpg

Boobs! Boobs! Boobs! Russ Meyer knew what a movie needed...hot chicks and violence.

MPW-55178.jpeg.e2e46f894799d9585295ead7682f6f39.jpeg

Two wonderful low-key Westerns.

poster_mccabeandmrsmiller.thumb.jpg.8b690716dad46f1fa8e6f095122c5e85.jpg

pat_garrett_and_billy_the_kid_poster.thumb.jpg.a1a33c37be1c3d582fecc1d92c728b93.jpg

Fellini's best...with lovelies Anouk Aimee, Anita Ekberg, and Nico.

la-dolce-vita-movie-poster-1961-1020325821.thumb.jpg.8840bf02eefcd1c984e0fa8d3b079478.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider said:

July...week three.pat_garrett_and_billy_the_kid_poster.thumb.jpg.a1a33c37be1c3d582fecc1d92c728b93.jpg

Fellini's best...with lovelies Anouk Aimee, Anita Ekberg, and Nico.

 

Awesome soundtrack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Awesome soundtrack.

This soundtrack along with "Blood on the Tracks", "Desire", and the Rolling Thunder Tour constitute the last truly great period of Dylan's career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July roundup...week four.

Part of a series of films featuring or about Nico.

th.thumb.jpeg.48962a2bc2557a946f1d51cecb88c6f8.jpeg.

I slept on this Peter Jackson film when it first came out. Jeffrey Combs chews the scenery.

hdMCUcFr9CTx.thumb.jpg.f20d8a94315855f13a92261f39e579ec.jpg

The end of the month featured films of Grace Cunard, Priscilla Bonner, and Lois Weber as part of a Women Silent Film Pioneers series.

Red_Kimono_poster.thumb.jpg.4d35b028944567c5b1e4cc114a38fb7e.jpg

9aQ7UIuVhn9xW8A3Vhb1E4gkHw6.thumb.jpg.17e5c4ffaece5064d1a404e9299800b0.jpg

Lastly, the Lubitsch touch...

lFKnqQOQSIZPrGnOvpEu7GrCtZm.thumb.jpg.09599d71d05ebdaecb380bcf48f0ebcb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3D Film Festival started this month. Sure, most of these are cheesy and need to be watched with tongue-in-cheek but they are still more fun than your average CGI-overload crap today.

The fest began for me with this one...which also happened to be the first movie I ever saw in 3D.

friday-the-13th-part-3-3d.21495.thumb.jpg.e4ca6b2e60468c9431fa81231e842f7e.jpg

9106525_f520.thumb.jpg.9575643e6c5f03f6aec4755a0bb725a9.jpg

THE SCREEN GOES BERSERK WITH ROTTWEILER!!!

7b3145118b22e36ebaf45ffe2ca976cc_10472_0.thumb.jpg.44bb9b1007c9eecde0d4477fa3f1cf03.jpg

Yes, a majority of films at any 3D festival will be horror movies. The last 10 minutes of "The Maze" however, are irrevocably hilarious.

18749.thumb.jpg.68598c843d5f1e6c6e23a562c4623bb2.jpg

This last one was not cheesy. It actually was quite good. To my fellow vets IpMan and redrum, I think you'll both find it interesting to watch. No actors...Hal Wallis used actual soldiers.

cease-fire-3d-poster.thumb.jpg.766e29b6bdaa6ac3a0a8f6eea067774e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 8:06 PM, Strider said:

Had the hots for Kathleen Turner in the 1980s.

Did you like her in the 1981 movie Body Heat ?  That was some film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John M said:

Did you like her in the 1981 movie Body Heat ?  That was some film.

Natch. That's where I first saw her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 2:34 AM, Strider said:

Fellini's best...with lovelies Anouk Aimee, Anita Ekberg, and Nico.

la-dolce-vita-movie-poster-1961-1020325821.thumb.jpg.8840bf02eefcd1c984e0fa8d3b079478.jpg

 
Is this the Italian version with subtitles?
La dolce vita is my favorite Fellini, too. It's very nonchalant, stylish and cool but you can feel the emptiness and lonleyness in every character. And I love the soundtrack
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
 
Is this the Italian version with subtitles?
La dolce vita is my favorite Fellini, too. It's very nonchalant, stylish and cool but you can feel the emptiness and lonleyness in every character. And I love the soundtrack
 

Natch. I only watch foreign movies in their original language with English subtitles. Unless a dubbed version is the only option available. Fortunately, the Cinematheque shows respect for cinema and always gets the best print available.

Yes, Nino Rota's score is a delight. Alas, poor Marcello...just go to the girl at the beach Marcello! Leave that old crowd behind. Get your feet wet and cross over the beach.

But no...he always throws his hands up in resignment and shuffles back to the vampires.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strider said:

Natch. I only watch foreign movies in their original language with English subtitles. Unless a dubbed version is the only option available. Fortunately, the Cinematheque shows respect for cinema and always gets the best print available.

Yes, Nino Rota's score is a delight. Alas, poor Marcello...just go to the girl at the beach Marcello! Leave that old crowd behind. Get your feet wet and cross over the beach.

But no...he always throws his hands up in resignment and shuffles back to the vampires.

Please let me know if you see Meg?  There is another movie out I wish to see but cannot for the life of me remember the name.  I always liked Jason Stratham.  He is in Meg I hear?  Its going to be a Jurassic Pk type of deal.  Keep an open mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Please let me know if you see Meg?  There is another movie out I wish to see but cannot for the life of me remember the name.  I always liked Jason Stratham.  He is in Meg I hear?  Its going to be a Jurassic Pk type of deal.  Keep an open mind.

I had a chance to see "Meg" last week when the Cinematheque sneak previewed it along with "Jaws 3D". But I had a friend in town all week and that was the same night she was taking me to see ELO at the Forum, so no dice.

Yes, Jason Statham is in it, along with Dwight Schrute from The Office...Rainn Wilson. The people I know who have seen it say it's a silly movie so don't expect much...think of it like the Sharknado movies or "Snakes on a Plane". Only one outright HATED it.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Strider said:

I had a chance to see "Meg" last week when the Cinematheque sneak previewed it along with "Jaws 3D". But I had a friend in town all week and that was the same night she was taking me to see ELO at the Forum, so no dice.

Yes, Jason Statham is in it, along with Dwight Schrute from The Office...Rainn Wilson. The people I know who have seen it say it's a silly movie so don't expect much...think of it like the Sharknado movies or "Snakes on a Plane". Only one outright HATED it.

Throw a couple of other new movie titles at me? I just cant think of the one I want to see.  Actually, I will go look at my local Regal to see what is in town. You are in the big city so you probably get them a bit faster.  I have to go to NY City soon.  My daughter is having a baby.  But does not want visitors the first couple of weeks.  I might book in Hoboken and then hit Sandy Hook.

 

Couldn't find what I wanted but Equalizer 2 might be worth a watch?  But sequal's usually suck.  Unless its the Godfather or even Die Hard.  Speaking of which, what is up with all of these anniversary movies?  They just beat a dead horse don't they?  Squeeze the almighty buck out of all of us.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Throw a couple of other new movie titles at me? I just cant think of the one I want to see.  Actually, I will go look at my local Regal to see what is in town. You are in the big city so you probably get them a bit faster.  I have to go to NY City soon.  My daughter is having a baby.  But does not want visitors the first couple of weeks.  I might book in Hoboken and then hit Sandy Hook.

 

Couldn't find what I wanted but Equalizer 2 might be worth a watch?  But sequal's usually suck.  Unless its the Godfather or even Die Hard.  Speaking of which, what is up with all of these anniversary movies?  They just beat a dead horse don't they?  Squeeze the almighty buck out of all of us.  

Equalizer 2 is pretty decent, although I still prefer the TV show version.

You gotta see the new Mission Impossible movie...Fallout! It's a really good summer popcorn action movie!

And "Sicario - Day of the Soldado" is excellent. Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro kick ass.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Please let me know if you see Meg?  There is another movie out I wish to see but cannot for the life of me remember the name.  I always liked Jason Stratham.  He is in Meg I hear?  Its going to be a Jurassic Pk type of deal.  Keep an open mind.

Mrs Walter took junior and some neighborhood kids to Meg last Thursday while I was watching the Cowboys game at home with some friends. They all seemed to enjoy it. 

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Walter said:

Mrs Walter took junior and some neighborhood kids to Meg last Thursday while I was watching the Cowboys game at home with some friends. They all seemed to enjoy it. 

Yeah I am going to see it for sure.  I want to see Escape Plan 2 even though no Arnold.  At least I do not see him i the previews.  Maybe it will be better than the first which was so so

 

I love watching prison breaks.  I watch series like "Almost Got Away with It" and "Breakout".  Love Prison Break and Wentworth Miller.  Season 6 coming.  Cant wait

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 11:56 AM, Strider said:

Equalizer 2 is pretty decent, although I still prefer the TV show version.

You gotta see the new Mission Impossible movie...Fallout! It's a really good summer popcorn action movie!

And "Sicario - Day of the Soldado" is excellent. Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro kick ass.

I love Benicio, just a great actor. One of my favorite performances by him was in Fear & Loathing in LV. The interplay between him & Johnny Depp was fantastic. But IMO his Dr. Gonzo stole the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched one of my all-time favorites last night for the first time in a long time...

 

2E520699-4E22-4B99-A71C-8C862FD1E868.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 7:06 AM, Anjin-san said:

1979 Released today:

 

__a6a3e918c96ed26e26c2c2c34e2a029f_width-600.jpeg

Sweet poster, but a recent one. Lawrence or as he was known then and listed as such in the movie credits was Larry Fishburn. He was never listed in any original promotion or poster for the movie as he was completely unknown...that was his first movie and he was just 15 years old when the movie was filmed.

Awesome movie though, one of my favorites. I have both the original version & Redux on DVD. I can understand why they did not use the portion from the French plantation as it was just too meandering, as was the scene with the Playboy Bunnies. Of course I always get a chuckle when the Chief asks Willard if there are any "mommas" and when Williard says "what?" Chief says never mind and walks away. Pretty stupid of Chief if you ask me. Willard clearly did not understand the slang so if there were some soul sisters his dumb ass would have missed out, simply because he was too proud to clarify his inquiry. I know, minor silly point but it always cracked me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Spike Lee movie in years! Great cast. Adam Driver just keeps killing it! Who knew Steve Buscemi had a brother? For most of the movie, I'm thinking 'Is that Steve Buscemi? Damn, he looks old!" Then the credits roll and I see it is Michael Buscemi. The real surprise was that Eric Forman kid from "That '70s Show"...Topher Grace nails David Duke. Really inspired casting. I'll be seeing it again this weekend with some friends.

blackkklansman_ver2.thumb.jpg.6efed1cbb8f50321130c9610033e6381.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×