Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bigstickbonzo

I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

On 11/4/2018 at 10:04 PM, LedZed66 said:

Made watching Queen Greatest Flix! you a fan? Or what moment turned you into a Queen fan at such a young age? I try to imagine a toddler dancing on We will rock you, very cute.

I have a song that sticks with me from a very young age, I was maybe 5 or 6 years old. It's La mer by Charles Trenet. There are no words to express my love for this song.

I have been a Queen fan since November, 1990 (I was barely 3 years old). :D It all started with my dad playing Queen songs from a mix of compilation albums (like Queen : Greatest Hits) and studio albums like The Game

It all changed for me when I first set eyes on Queen Greatest Flix. My dad had a VHS copy, which we have since converted into a VCD (we have a friend who is a wizard at this). This VCD copy has become something of a family heirloom! Watching Greatest Flix was one of my earliest and most vivid memories, growing up! I sometimes, cannot believe hat this memory has stuck with me for all these years! Especially loved the video for the song Save Me (the beautiful art work and the lovely white dove! :wub:).

I also vividly remember other favourite tunes that I used to listen to very often, as a kid: We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel, Bennett Cerf - The Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet and Lisa Bonita - Madonna

On 11/5/2018 at 2:29 AM, Virginia said:

I saw this with my son last weekend and loved it! I hadn't seen any of the other (3?) versions before either.  Also looking forward to seeing the Queen film; haven't seen it yet but it's on my list!

Will be seeing the Queen movie on the 16th! So excited! :D When will you be watching it, Virginia?

The songs on A Star Is Born were so good. I am planning on buying the original soundtrack CD! :) 

14 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Will be seeing the Queen movie on the 16th! So excited! :D When will you be watching it, Virginia?

The songs on A Star Is Born were so good. I am planning on buying the original soundtrack CD! :) 

I'm not sure yet; if not this weekend hopefully next! 

They really were; I may have to do that too!

On 11/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, redrum said:

I always think of 'Mr. Bean's Holiday' when I hear that song. Bobby Darin does a good version too.

The Queen icon snare drum made by Drum Workshop.

yeah, great use of the song in Mr. Bean's Holiday

On 11/6/2018 at 12:16 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I have been a Queen fan since November, 1990 (I was barely 3 years old). :D It all started with my dad playing Queen songs from a mix of compilation albums (like Queen : Greatest Hits) and studio albums like The Game

It all changed for me when I first set eyes on Queen Greatest Flix. My dad had a VHS copy, which we have since converted into a VCD (we have a friend who is a wizard at this). This VCD copy has become something of a family heirloom! Watching Greatest Flix was one of my earliest and most vivid memories, growing up! I sometimes, cannot believe hat this memory has stuck with me for all these years! Especially loved the video for the song Save Me (the beautiful art work and the lovely white dove! :wub:).

I also vividly remember other favourite tunes that I used to listen to very often, as a kid: We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel, Bennett Cerf - The Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet and Lisa Bonita - Madonna

Sounds like great memories. My father hated the music I was playing, we were fighting about it constandly. Horrible.
In November 1990 I left my hometown and moved to the big city. Spread your wings and fly away? Well, I did it.

22 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

yeah, great use of the song in Mr. Bean's Holiday

One of the funniest movies ever. 😄

1 minute ago, redrum said:

One of the funniest movies ever. 😄

I liked the movie very much but I loved the first Johnny English movie more. It's hilarious

On 11/4/2018 at 6:51 AM, Strider said:

I'll see it just because I want to judge for myself where it falls in the music biopic rankings. But I have a feeling your words are pretty close to the mark. Looks less like a "Walk the Line" or "Ray" and more like that horrible Jimi Hendrix biopic or the Vinyl show on HBO.

I am a bit wary of biopics of musicians, and this one seems to have had a "troubled history". I not sure exactly is it about the band or Freddie Mercury, anyway I am sure sticking a Queen song will cover up any narrative shortcomings.

56 minutes ago, Cecil. said:

I not sure exactly is it about the band or Freddie Mercury.

It’s about Freddie.

..it's a PG-rated version of the incredible X-rated life of Freddie Mercury.

I just watched a stream of The Meg while the missus was watching Come Dancing, what a load of shite, an absolute turkey.