Ronnie James Dio diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Here is the latest update from Wendy Dio:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

Thanks to all the friends and fans around the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up.

Long Live Rock and Roll, Long Live Ronnie James Dio"

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

Good luck Ronnie, had the good fortune of meeting him once and was a very nice guy, the gig was cancelled due to a problem with the stage but he and the rest of Sabbath came around to meet the public. LOng Live Rock and Roll Ronnie.

I'll pray for you ronnie,

YOU are my second favorite singer of ALL SINGERS ON EARTH,and THATS saying something,however you have the #1 voice in rock n roll

please take care of your health,

The good lord gave us only 1 RONNIE JAMES DIO !!

NO ONE comes close to his special voice

and we still need him here!

allow us many more years with ronnie, amen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate to be downer, but he sounds like he's in trouble. "Tumors" and not "tumor" is the first alarm. Secondly, if they haven't performed surgery, it's probably because they can't, another bad sign. The good news is that there are concerts scheduled, so that means something.

Cancer is probably the WORST thing on earth. A terrible disease. I hope his treatment is successful, but even if it is, it's still a nightmare.

• 1 month later...

Archived